Sign in to follow this  
roscoeword

Josh Allen

6 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Lmao ok 

Usually the response from someone when they have nothing of substance to come back with.

Congratulations on being the biggest homer in this thread, which is saying something.

2 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

That's idiotic. Allen was in the grasp of a defender being brought down when Jones showed up and lowered his helmet and drove into Allen's helmet. I watched it in real time and Jones simply lowered his head and dived at him. So your comment is ridiculous.

He didnt give himself up as a runner. He's 250lbs. Bang bang play. Knowing intent on the hit is impossible in that situation. Marcus Peters, different story.

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Allan was being held up from behind and was going down. That hit was totally unnecessary and dirty as hell. 

Not to mention that Jones wasn't even running at Allen.  He waited for Allen to fall forward before he lined him up.  There was no momentum taking him forward to speak of.

• Upvote 1

I don’t even buy that it’s a flag. He didn’t lower his head, he should’ve run through and wrapped Allen. It was reckless but hardly dirty.

Edited by kdels62
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

He didnt give himself up as a runner. He's 250lbs. Bang bang play. Knowing intent on the hit is impossible in that situation. Marcus Peters, different story.

It wasn't actually "bang bang" at all. In real time it was obvious that Jones came in on the play late and lowered his helmet and drove into Allen who was being dragged down. I don't care if Allen is 500 lbs. That's irrelevant in this case. What I saw was that Allen was unable to react to the hit at all because he was being pulled down. He was completely exposed to the hit. You're truly grasping for anything to make this right. It wasn't.

• Like 1

Casual observer from watching the game but this hit on Allen reminded me of the hit on Williams on Thursday night football... The first defender holds up the player and instead of tackling the guy the second defender tries to land a vicious hit...

Now the hit itself wasn't exactly to hurt the player it was a send a message hit the guy as hard as he could so he will think twice about running near him again... The biggest problems I have with all these hits is that it's the second defender trying to land the hardest blow he can because he is being held up by his teammate... If the second guy goes to tackle instead of the hard hit and a hard hit happens then so be it...

In college 90% of these hits would be headhunting auto ejection. I could see that coming to the nfl soon after these last few weeks... Nobody wants 2 third string QBs playing terrible football against each other... Injuries happen but headhunting is a thing and will be taken out of the game sooner rather than later IMHO. 

Personally, I didn’t think the hit was dirty at all, but I am usually biased towards defenders, because I think they get royally f*cked by the rules in today’s game.

Also, if I was a Bills fan, I would be terrified of Allen’s potential durability issues going forward. I think QBs like Allen are playing with fire when they run in the middle of the field like that and he just seems like a guy who is always going to look to run when things get tough.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I don’t even buy that it’s a flag. He didn’t lower his head, and he should’ve run through and wrapped Allen, it was reckless but hardly dirty.

He absolutely lowered his head.

Easy to see in slow motion.

• Like 1

Reason number 545 the nfl is a scam, Edelman received a very obvious concussion in the Seahawks Super Bowl game and didn’t even go to the tent 

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Where is that douchey Bills fan who always posts here

@Mastenpark

He had lot's to say all week.  Now he's suddenly silent.  Weird.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It's all part of the...

Josh.

Allen.

Experience.

That sounds like a roller coaster where someone dies on each ride.  

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Usually the response from someone when they have nothing of substance to come back with.

Congratulations on being the biggest homer in this thread, which is saying something.

How am I a homer in this debate? I'm a jets fan lmao. Im not gunna sit here arguing over it. I dont think it was dirty. You do. Great. 

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

You being apologetic of Gase has been the most unexpected development of the season. And, yes, that includes Sam's inexplicable case of Spleen-Herpes.

He rid us of Mike Maccagnan.  For that alone he deserves a statue at MetLife with big googly eyes on it.  

3 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

Here to eat crow regarding Allen today. Terrible 1st half. Better 2nd half. Incomplete due injury to finish the game. 

He had a terrible outing but’s it’s the Pats. On to the Titans

Oh f**k you I wanted either depression or a doubling down.  You ruined it.  

• Haha 2

Hit doesn't look dirty to me. It's unfortunate though. He looks like he is trying to drive through the tackle. Josh Allen is a big guy. You can't arm tackle him. It's unfortunate for sure. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

Reason number 545 the nfl is a scam, Edelman received a very obvious concussion in the Seahawks Super Bowl game and didn’t even go to the tent 

That’s okay hopefully Edelman has Parkinson’s by the time he’s 45

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Allen got hammered. It was a great legal hit. That's good football.

It certainly was not "legal" since he got flagged.  Not even a debate that it was illegal.  

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He rid us of Mike Maccagnan.  For that alone he deserves a statue at MetLife with big googly eyes on it.  

Yes, and for that he'll always get credit in my book, but the honeymoon for the "Vanquisher of Big Macc" won't last forever.

• Upvote 1

Legal or illegal, I said during the Jets game that Allen won’t survive a full season with his playing style.  Not surprised he got blown up.  Dude needs to learn to protect himself.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Legal or illegal, I said during the Jets game that Allen won’t survive a full season with his playing style.  Not surprised he got blown up.  Dude needs to learn to protect himself.

Being able to throw a football with accuracy would be a good start.  Unfortunately QB's with poor accuracy rarely (never) fix that over their careers.  So he'll always be overly reliant on his running abilities, much like Cam Newton (who makes Josh Allen look like Christian Hackenberg from an accuracy standpoint).  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

He's Cam Newton. Really big guy so they won't get hurt as much as the smaller type QBs. But Cam has missed games in 4 of his 9 seasons as a pro. What makes both those QBs descent though is the threat of running. If Josh Allen becomes just a drop back passer, his career will be short lived. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreenFish said:

He's Cam Newton. Really big guy so they won't get hurt as much as the smaller type QBs. But Cam has missed games in 4 of his 9 seasons as a pro. What makes both those QBs descent though is the threat of running. If Josh Allen becomes just a drop back passer, his career will be short lived. 

A very poor man's Cam Newton.  Cam completed 65.1 % of his throws in college and 59.6 % of his throws in the pros.  Allen completed 56.2 % of his throws in college and 55.0 % of his throws so far in the pros.  

And of course Allen also sports an embarrassing 13/18 TD:INT ratio thus far.  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It certainly was not "legal" since he got flagged.  Not even a debate that it was illegal.  

This is the Josh Allen hate board.  A player could kick Allen in the head after the whistle is blown it would be defended as “good ole fashioned football”

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why are all the bad posters named after Joe Namath. This is extremely ironic lol.

You should at least give me a citation for this one...

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

This is the Josh Allen hate board.  A player could kick Allen in the head after the whistle is blown it would be defended as “good ole fashioned football”

There's, literally, like 3 people tops defending the hit.

Everyone else seems to agree that the hit was dirty.

Stop making up a story that doesn't exist.

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Being able to throw a football with accuracy would be a good start.  Unfortunately QB's with poor accuracy rarely (never) fix that over their careers.  So he'll always be overly reliant on his running abilities, much like Cam Newton (who makes Josh Allen look like Christian Hackenberg from an accuracy standpoint).  

I’d be very worried about Allen, if I were a Bills fan. 

Sure, they are winning games because their defense is stacked, but the Jets were winning early with Sanchez for the same reason.

Allen has major red flags for being a long term disappointment as an NFL starter:

1) Surprisingly bad accuracy 

2) A reckless play style that is going to get him put on IR 

For those on this board worried about Darnold, what two attributes has he displayed that are anywhere near this worrying? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’d be very worried about Allen, if I were a Bills fan. 

Sure, they are winning games because their defense is stacked, but the Jets were winning early with Sanchez for the same reason.

Allen has major red flags for being a long term disappointment as an NFL starter:

1) Surprisingly bad accuracy 

2) A reckless play style that is going to get him put on IR 

For those on this board worried about Darnold, what two attributes has he displayed that are anywhere near this worrying? 

Only thing I disagree with your above post is that Allen's bad accuracy was "surprising" in any way, shape or form.  This is who Allen is and always will be.  He was never going to overcome his college profile.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Only thing I disagree with your above post is that Allen's bad accuracy was "surprising" in any way, shape or form.  This is who Allen is and always will be.  He was never going to overcome his college profile.  

I honestly never saw him throw a single pass in college and never bothered watching tape on him because I was always enamored with Mayfield and Darnold 

I am honestly shocked by some of his misses, lol.

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I honestly never saw him throw a single pass in college and never bothered watching tape on him because I was always enamored with Mayfield and Darnold 

I am honestly shocked by some of his misses, lol.

I saw barely any tape of him either.  All that mattered were the numbers.  If you can't complete >60 % of your throws in college, you're not doing it in the pros.  

Daniel Jones has been a revelation in that regard.  He could be the first QB ever to have completion numbers as bad as they were in college and succeed in the pros.  But it's still early, of course. 

On 9/25/2019 at 9:11 PM, 14 in Green said:

We're always putting down mobile QBs here. "they're a hit away", "can't count on 'em", "aren't accurate", "turnover machines" etc.

Guess who is actually playing and winning games? And who isn't?

Or who threw the most ints last year (despite missing a month with an injury)?

Turnover machine