Jump to content
jgb

Proof Pats Fans will jump off the bandwagon as soon as the run is over

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

From the patsfans.com site rules

2) No one likes a consistently negative person - If all you do is complain, focus on the negative, constantly post critical threads on a certain player or offense/defense, etc. That's not what we're looking for and we will remove you if it continues. It irritates people who are committed to the long-term success of this team and are willing to take an objective big picture look at things as opposed to focusing on a single setback, bad game, etc. I know the term "chicken littles" has been used, but it's really simple - don't be a Negative Nancy. If you're upset, we have a post-game thread to vent and get it out of your system. But take a deep breath and try and move on and don't try and spread negativity. I'm a pretty positive person and don't want to read it, and I know plenty of other people don't enjoy it either. So don't do it.

Think about this--fans of the most successful franchise in the history of sports just can't hear anything negative at all. Seriously? Winning all the time isn't enough? If someone dares to say anything negative--that ruins the experience for you? 

Just wait until the run is over and real negativity sets in. They'll be jumping off the bridges in Boston so fast the Charles river will rise two feet. It'll be fun watching Chuckie from Souffie explain that he has been a Chiefs fan all along because his brother's wife's ex-boyfriend drove a big rig through KC once in 1976.

It appears that Boston fans or at least that particular site, believe in censorship and thought control. Sounds like "Another Brick in the Wall" Very much like Red Sox Fans (In general)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What could these fans be negative about?  The team wins 90% of its games.

Imagine being so mentally fragile that you can't handle reading whatever minor little grievances some fans might have with the Patriots. I believe that's what you call a snowflake. It's in their forum rules?

baaaaaaahahahahahaha

the office lol GIF

total pussbags

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the contrast to what Pats fans expect of their fan base... Jets fans are like Werner Herzog standing at the mouth of an open volcano talking about the emptiness of life and that hatred and bitterness are the only true measures of a meaningless existence.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Imagine being so mentally fragile that you can't handle reading whatever minor little grievances some fans might have with the Patriots. I believe that's what you call a snowflake. It's in their forum rules?

baaaaaaahahahahahaha

the office lol GIF

total pussbags

Not only is it in their rules but they have another rule against questioning others’ fandom... apparently unless you post something negative and are deemed to not be sufficiently “committed to the long-term success of this team”—well then your fake fan ass has got to go.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jgb said:

From the patsfans.com site rules

2) No one likes a consistently negative person - If all you do is complain, focus on the negative, constantly post critical threads on a certain player or offense/defense, etc. That's not what we're looking for and we will remove you if it continues. It irritates people who are committed to the long-term success of this team and are willing to take an objective big picture look at things as opposed to focusing on a single setback, bad game, etc. I know the term "chicken littles" has been used, but it's really simple - don't be a Negative Nancy. If you're upset, we have a post-game thread to vent and get it out of your system. But take a deep breath and try and move on and don't try and spread negativity. I'm a pretty positive person and don't want to read it, and I know plenty of other people don't enjoy it either. So don't do it.

Think about this--fans of the most successful franchise in the history of sports just can't hear anything negative at all. Seriously? Winning all the time isn't enough? If someone dares to say anything negative--that ruins the experience for you? (Let's put aside what an entitled ingrate you'd have to be to be a negative Pats fan)

Just wait until the run is over and real negativity sets in. They'll be jumping off the bridges in Boston so fast the Charles river will rise two feet. It'll be fun listening to Chuckie from Souffie explain that he has been a Chiefs fan all along because his brother's wife's ex-boyfriend drove a big rig through KC once in 1976.

nice try counselor.  you should give a listen to Boston sports radio, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jgb said:

From the patsfans.com site rules

2) No one likes a consistently negative person - If all you do is complain, focus on the negative, constantly post critical threads on a certain player or offense/defense, etc. That's not what we're looking for and we will remove you if it continues. It irritates people who are committed to the long-term success of this team and are willing to take an objective big picture look at things as opposed to focusing on a single setback, bad game, etc. I know the term "chicken littles" has been used, but it's really simple - don't be a Negative Nancy. If you're upset, we have a post-game thread to vent and get it out of your system. But take a deep breath and try and move on and don't try and spread negativity. I'm a pretty positive person and don't want to read it, and I know plenty of other people don't enjoy it either. So don't do it.

I couldn't agree with this rule more.  I'd argue that JN needs a dose of this philosophy. 

Most fans come here in an attempt to feel proud amognst other like-minded fans and rally behind the organization; we get people putting us down all the time be it in newspapers, radio, social media, in the cafeteria, on the train.

If coming in here and being assaulted and criticized by other Jets fans is worse than it is on the street, that's a problem.  People literally are calling for Adam Gase's head because a third string QB cut by three NFL teams in the past year can't run his offense.  The definition of Negative Nancy's.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I couldn't agree with this rule more.  I'd argue that JN needs a dose of this philosophy. 

Most fans come here in an attempt to feel proud amognst other like-minded fans and rally behind the organization; we get people putting us down all the time be it in newspapers, radio, social media, in the cafeteria, on the train.

If coming in here and being assaulted and criticized by other Jets fans is worse than it is on the street, that's a problem.  People literally are calling for Adam Gase's head because a third string QB cut by three NFL teams in the past year can't run his offense.  The definition of Negative Nancy's.

SAR I

You literally spent years complaining about Matt Leinart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Garb said:

nice try counselor.  you should give a listen to Boston sports radio, 

Hey Garb how are you?????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is a great place to celebrate winning and vent when losing.  The problem is we lose so much its all venting.

Yes.  Continue the thought please:  When venting becomes all one does it turns this forum into "who can out vent the other" a big contest to see who can be the most snarky and nasty, just another form of Twitter which many of us run away from.  When the forum becomes Vent Nation that's not good for anyone.

When Mark Gastineau roughed the passer in the '86 playoffs I kicked my coffee table so hard it rocketed across the room and took out my dog.  Try that.  Negative Nasties can consider leaving the kind fans of Jet Nation alone.

SAR I

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I couldn't agree with this rule more.  I'd argue that JN needs a dose of this philosophy. 

Most fans come here in an attempt to feel proud amognst other like-minded fans and rally behind the organization; we get people putting us down all the time be it in newspapers, radio, social media, in the cafeteria, on the train.

If coming in here and being assaulted and criticized by other Jets fans is worse than it is on the street, that's a problem.  People literally are calling for Adam Gase's head because a third string QB cut by three NFL teams in the past year can't run his offense.  The definition of Negative Nancy's.

SAR I

If you feel proud about the Jets, I'd say you have bigger problems in your life than being a Jets fan. Maybe you should log off and go deal with those. :Nuts:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garb said:

nice try counselor.  you should give a listen to Boston sports radio, 

Ok so then I'll go with entitled ingrates.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What could these fans be negative about?  The team wins 90% of its games.

Their future is looking dim. Their franchise QB is almost the same age as their HC, 64, therefore they will both retire soon. That leaves Jarret Stidham and Dante Scarneccia (86) to lead the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is a great place to celebrate winning and vent when losing.  The problem is we lose so much its all venting.

Exactly. What is wrong with venting? You should see the Jet bars and fan clubs I go to. Not a whole lot of "oh but we'll win the next 10 in a row and go to the playoffs!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I couldn't agree with this rule more.  I'd argue that JN needs a dose of this philosophy. 

Most fans come here in an attempt to feel proud amognst other like-minded fans and rally behind the organization; we get people putting us down all the time be it in newspapers, radio, social media, in the cafeteria, on the train.

If coming in here and being assaulted and criticized by other Jets fans is worse than it is on the street, that's a problem.  People literally are calling for Adam Gase's head because a third string QB cut by three NFL teams in the past year can't run his offense.  The definition of Negative Nancy's.

SAR I

If the house is in on fire its ok to complain its too hot. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If the house is in on fire its ok to complain its too hot. 

No, you're supposed to talk about how stupid the firemen will look when the fire puts itself out and a mansion grows from the ashes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ummm..that seems to be this forum in a nutshell. Breath a word even close to criticizing Gase and the "crew" tells you how it's all fans fault that they're not performing up to expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetsyrup said:

ummm..that seems to be this forum in a nutshell. Breath a word even close to criticizing Gase and the "crew" tells you how it's all fans fault that they're not performing up to expectations.

All in good fun, we go after the homers also. Not many Jets fans want to ban people for being pessimistic about the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If the house is in on fire its ok to complain its too hot. 

If the house isn't on fire and you are hopeful that it never will be on fire then one shouldn't complain until it actually is on fire.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SAR I said:

If the house isn't on fire and you are hopeful that it never will be on fire then one shouldn't complain until it actually is on fire.

SAR I

"We don;t need no water let that mfer burn, burn MFer...burn"

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If the house isn't on fire and you are hopeful that it never will be on fire then one shouldn't complain until it actually is on fire.

SAR I

You seem confident that you're right. Why don't you just let us be pessimistic and dig the hole deeper? Will make your victory lap that much sweeter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jgb said:

All in good fun, we go after the homers also. But only Pats fans and @SAR I want to ban pessimists.

If not a fan discussion forum, where should a patient and optimistic Jets fan go to discuss the growth and future of the team without being bombarded with grotesque levels of negativity?

Should we create a Up With People subforum?  Perhaps a single thread where it's by-invitation-only and only Shiny Happy People are allowed?  What I can tell you is that 100 Joe Beningo's playing Joe Beningo 24/7 is getting just as boring and frustrating as that Jets Patriots game.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If not a fan discussion forum, where should a patient and optimistic Jets fan go to discuss the growth and future of the team without being bombarded with grotesque levels of negativity?

Should we create a Up With People subforum?  Perhaps a single thread where it's by-invitation-only and only Shiny Happy People are allowed?  What I can tell you is that 100 Joe Beningo's playing Joe Beningo 24/7 is getting just as boring and frustrating as that Jets Patriots game.

SAR I

The irony of course is that you spend more time complaining about complainers than the complainers complain about the Jets. I saw we ban the complainer complainers. You're such a negg-o about your fellow Jets fans.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jgb said:

From the patsfans.com site rules

2) No one likes a consistently negative person - If all you do is complain, focus on the negative, constantly post critical threads on a certain player or offense/defense, etc. That's not what we're looking for and we will remove you if it continues. It irritates people who are committed to the long-term success of this team and are willing to take an objective big picture look at things as opposed to focusing on a single setback, bad game, etc. I know the term "chicken littles" has been used, but it's really simple - don't be a Negative Nancy. If you're upset, we have a post-game thread to vent and get it out of your system. But take a deep breath and try and move on and don't try and spread negativity. I'm a pretty positive person and don't want to read it, and I know plenty of other people don't enjoy it either. So don't do it.

Think about this--fans of the most successful franchise in the history of sports just can't hear anything negative at all. Seriously? Winning all the time isn't enough? If someone dares to say anything negative--that ruins the experience for you? (Let's put aside what an entitled ingrate you'd have to be to be a negative Pats fan)

Just wait until the run is over and real negativity sets in. They'll be jumping off the bridges in Boston so fast the Charles river will rise two feet. It'll be fun listening to Chuckie from Souffie explain that he has been a Chiefs fan all along because his brother's wife's ex-boyfriend drove a big rig through KC once in 1976.

Huh? & Do trophies float?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jgb said:

You seem confident that you're right. Why don't you just let us be pessimistic and dig the hole deeper? Will make your victory lap that much sweeter.

This isn't a contest.  It's supposed to be a bunch of chums gathering round, protected from the evil of the outside world.  A bit of a safe space for Jets fans to talk about the team they love.  At least that's what I thought forums were supposed to be like.

SAR I

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SAR I said:

This isn't a contest.  It's supposed to be a bunch of chums gathering round, protected from the evil of the outside world.  A bit of a safe space for Jets fans to talk about the team they love.  At least that's what I thought forums were supposed to be like.

SAR I

Do you actually know any Jets fans in the real world? Griping about how bad the Jets stink is the glue that holds us together in the times of darkness--which have been many and prolonged.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jgb said:

The irony of course is that you spend more time complaining about complainers than the complainers complain about the Jets.

I wish that were the case but it's a physical impossibility.

I get that the Jets have been a tough watch for almost a decade, but we have turned a corner, have gotten a franchise quarterback, did well in free agency, and now have a GM who should right our drafting woes.  If a Jets fan can't be optimistic in those circumstances, when will they be?  It's not going to be Super Bowl overnight.  It's going to be years of baby steps and gradual ascension.  We are 0-3 when most had us at 1-2 at best.  So these overreactions aren't necessary.

SAR I

  • Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Do you actually know any Jets fans in the real world? Griping about how bad the Jets stink is the glue that holds us together in the times of darkness--which have been many and prolonged.

Sure.  For a year or two.  But after 10 years we should be sick of the griping and ready for a different approach.  Bowles and Maccagnan are out.  Old Fitzmcown quarterbacks are out.  Free agents are excited to come here.  Quality coaches are excited to come here.  If you read the forum this week it's like none of that happened, it's like we're still stuck with Bowles.  Makes no sense.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...