Jamal Adams Earns top Grade in Week 3 per PFF

JetNation

IMG_8193.jpg

There weren’t many positives to come out of the Jets week 3 loss to the New England Patriots, but on standout was third-year safety Jamal Adams.

#Jets Jamal Adams finished Week 3 with a 93.8 overall grade which was the highest among safeties with a minimum of 25 defensive snaps. #TakeFlight pic.twitter.com/o6fJThuuBo

— PFF NY Jets (@PFF_Jets) September 26, 2019

According to PFF.com, Adams earned the highest grade of any DB in the NFL with a score of 93.8.  Adams provided stellar coverage throughout the evening, topping it off with his first ever pick six.  The one downside being that it came in garbage time against a rookie quarterback.

Even still, Adams had himself a strong performance from beginning to end, something the team will need from this point on if they hope to string some wins together at any point in 2019.

The post Jamal Adams Earns top Grade in Week 3 per PFF appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
1eX2-UXpqdc

Click here to read the full story...

i'm not quite sure why there's so much hate for adams.  the jets need about 20 more guys like him.  he always plays and is trying to make plays.  i'm sure he saw how his play against the browns could be construed as show boating and played a better game against the patsies.  we don't have to like the tweets or any off field comments.  we do have to like how he plays the game.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i'm not quite sure why there's so much hate for adams.  the jets need about 20 more guys like him.  he always plays and is trying to make plays.  i'm sure he saw how his play against the browns could be construed as show boating and played a better game against the patsies.  we don't have to like the tweets or any off field comments.  we do have to like how he plays the game.

I think it's mostly because Patrick Mahomes was on the board which is a fair complaint but that's not Adams fault. Can you imagine if we had Mahomes & Gase? We'd probably have a top 25 offense.

45 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Name one game where Jamal was the determining factor in a win.

Note: safeties do not win championships.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think it's mostly because Patrick Mahomes was on the board which is a fair complaint but that's not Adams fault. Can you imagine if we had Mahomes & Gase? We'd probably have a top 25 offense.

If we had Mahomes by now we'd be hearing if we only waited for Deshaun Watson, - its what Jet fans do.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, varjet said:

It would not surprise me if Jamal has figured out how to game the PFF grading system.  

I dismissed PFF for defensive backs long ago... Calvin Pryor early in 2015.

And of course, my personal favorite, Trumaine Johnson's performance last year against the Browns on TNF.   PFF saw above average to pretty good.  I saw a useless bum.

Defensive back is maybe the most difficult position for number nerds to evaluate.  Too many variables like dropped balls, inaccurate throws, effort in run support, etc.  

Judgement is best left to the eyeball test.

59 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

that's a fair point but then if they did pick mahommes it would've been mahommes an bowles.  how would that work?  

59 minutes ago, peebag said:

Name one game where Jamal was the determining factor in a win.

Note: safeties do not win championships.

i think ronnie lott, bob sanders, troy palumalo would see that differently but you're right safeties don't usually demand a top 10 pick.  but is that a reason to blame adams?  i don't think so.  the guy plays,  is really good at his position and the jets would be much better with more jamal adams' on the team as opposed to less.