NFL Owners propose 17 game regular season, no preseason games

jetstream23

would prefer extra playoff weekend to extra regular season game - preseason has become a waste of time with new CBA

16 week regular season and and 16 team playoffs

so what if a 7 win team makes a run - keeps hope alive and reduces the urge to tank - also keeps 9 or 10 win teams from getting shut out

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2 byes is a necessary change.  There needs to be a bye week prior to teams playing on Thursday night, if they're going to keep Thursday night games.  No team should EVER play on 3 days rest.  

Hate Thursday night games

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

would prefer extra playoff weekend to extra regular season game - preseason has become a waste of time with new CBA

16 week regular season and and 16 team playoffs

so what if a 7 win team makes a run - keeps hope alive and reduces the urge to tank - also keeps 9 or 10 win teams from getting shut out

I like this better then an extra regular season game. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Sounds like a good idea to me.  Shake up the off season and the roster decision making process as well.  No preseason games = more time to directly coach your team.        

You realize the NFL and the players association have made it much harder to coach teams. Coaching and how a team is coached when they practice and how much practice should be handled by the organization how they see fit. The current system is ridiculous and not having preseason just adds to the stupidity. No one is a fan of pre-season but teams need to evaluate players in live situations not on a practice field. 

remember the old days when players did not perform they got 2 a days and that helped jog the memory a bit and pushed the hustle a bit.... Now what do they have ? Players half ass sh*t with no worries of any of that stuff and IMHO it's ruining the NFL and its turning into the Pussy Football League. Let teams coach and put in their own training camps with their own rules and things might have a chance at getting back to normal.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Why? It’s one of the best things to happen in the resent NFL. We get football on Thursday, Saturday (college), Sunday, Sunday night and Monday. It’s awesome. 

Agreed.  I love the Thursday nighter's.  I don't like Monday Night Football anymore though.  Sunday night is the better game, the Monday nighter's tend to be terrible matchups, and I'm burnt out on football come Monday anyway. 

SAR I

25 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You realize the NFL and the players association have made it much harder to coach teams. Coaching and how a team is coached when they practice and how much practice should be handled by the organization how they see fit. The current system is ridiculous and not having preseason just adds to the stupidity. No one is a fan of pre-season but teams need to evaluate players in live situations not on a practice field. 

remember the old days when players did not perform they got 2 a days and that helped jog the memory a bit and pushed the hustle a bit.... Now what do they have ? Players half ass sh*t with no worries of any of that stuff and IMHO it's ruining the NFL and its turning into the Pussy Football League. Let teams coach and put in their own training camps with their own rules and things might have a chance at getting back to normal.

clint eastwood kids GIF

20 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Would be interesting if every team had a neutral site game

Interesting idea, it would keep the home and away balanced and they could have 16 foreign games, even hit China and Japan (they'd go nuts). Of course bye weeks would have to be involved.

The NBA used to have double headers wherein the first game was a neutral site game the home team played the second (for example Syracuse-Philadelphia in the first game followed by Boston-Knicks), Of course that is not in any way economically feasible for the NFL but I'd sit there for two games