Stefon Diggs might want out of Minnesota (MERGED)

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Not sure if this has been discussed but he is a really good wr. Not an elite speed guy but a great route runner that is wasting away because Zimmer hates scoring points. 

He'd be a great weapon for Darnold and he's still only 25..

Why the hell would any player want to come to this team?? You guys think players are going to leave a team because it’s bad and come to one of the worst team in the NFL? LMAO

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

To be honest, and I know it’s unfair to Douglas, but the draft history of this team makes me willing to part with draft picks for proven players.  I’d trade picks to bring in all these guys - Diggs, Trent Williams and Ramsey.  They improve the team and we don’t have to worry about picking the right guy and developing him.

As for Diggs’ situation, I believe he wants out because he isn’t the focal point or as involved in the offense as he wants to be.  Run heavy offense and thielen there are the issues.  He comes here he’s instantly the best WR and 2nd best player on the offense.  He’d get tons of targets and could do well.

I'd give up a 4th for Diggs.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Why the hell would any player want to come to this team?? You guys think players are going to leave a team because it’s bad and come to one of the worst team in the NFL? LMAO

Because it would be a trade and Diggs wouldn't have any say in the matter.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Not sure if this has been discussed but he is a really good wr. Not an elite speed guy but a great route runner that is wasting away because Zimmer hates scoring points. 

He'd be a great weapon for Darnold and he's still only 25..

Yeah I’m pretty sure he will land very softly as Daniel Jones shiny new #1 WR.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Me either but I’ve also never seen players not show during the season, sit out the whole year or demand to be traded. The owners have lost control and the agents know it.  

Players have always held out over time and missed games whether it was a draft pick or a vet. Players have always requested trades. You got me on sitting out the entire season since that is pretty rare if not unprecedented. 

Just now, RobR said:

Players have always held out over time and missed games whether it was a draft pick or a vet. Players have always requested trades. You got me on sitting out the entire season since that is pretty rare if not unprecedented. 

It’s getting worse. They use to sit out preseason and stuff now they’re just not showing up period. 

44 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It’s getting worse. They use to sit out preseason and stuff now they’re just not showing up period. 

They still dont have much leverage. Look at Melvin Gordon. Stefon Diggs isnt demanding anything that anyone's going to take seriously unless a teams willing to cough up a major pick.