Stefon Diggs might want out of Minnesota (MERGED)

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Says no one wants to play here because it sucks here (accurate).  Yet is against trading Jamal Adams to a team that theoretically can use him a lot more than we can.  

If they can get an a OT or CB for him good, go ahead. But trading him for picks is stupid IMO. I’m against trading any players that’s good or even average for draft picks. 

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're right, draft picks are stupid.  Who needs them?

Blah blah blah. Trading a proven player for a draft pick is stupid. You’re getting rid of a good player (Adams) for an unknown player in the draft and with the history of the Jets drafting I’d rather have Adams.

If they could trade Adams to Washington for Williams I’m all for it. It definitely helps the team. Trading him for a draft pick is a crap shoot. 

Yes, I know. Douglas is here now but I still think this team is cursed. Just look at how this season started. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Do you think the NFL can keep going at the pace it’s going? Players wanting to control the league, contracts getting ridiculous, stadiums not selling out etc etc. 

Players are getting paid way too much money, tickets and PSL's cost way too much money, concessions cost way too much money, souvenirs and merchandise costs way too much money, parking fees at stadiums cost way too much money. 

Did I miss anything.

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Blah blah blah. Trading a proven player for a draft pick is stupid. You’re getting rid of a good player (Adams) for an unknown player in the draft and with the history of the Jets drafting I’d rather have Adams.

If they could trade Adams to Washington for Williams I’m all for it. It definitely helps the team. Trading him for a draft pick is a crap shoot. 

Yes, I know. Douglas is here now but I still think this team is cursed. Just look at how this season started. 

Proven player at a position that doesn't matter.  You're telling me you'd turn down a 1st round pick if it was offered?  Wow.  

Trent Williams for Adams would be a good trade, but Williams is old, so they'd have to kick in a pick on their side too.  

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Players are getting paid way too much money, tickets and PSL's cost way too much money, concessions cost way too much money, souvenirs and merchandise costs way too much money, parking fees at stadiums cost way too much money. 

Did I miss anything.

Yes, we’re old and outdated. Overpaying a trade that does nothing valuable for society is cool now. Let’s make all of them billionaires. 

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Do you think the NFL can keep going at the pace it’s going? Players wanting to control the league, contracts getting ridiculous, stadiums not selling out etc etc. 

Watch what happens on the next TV rights negotiations.   Watch what happens when they no longer make the Sunday Ticket exclusive to Direct TV.  They could play in empty stadiums and each team will still earn over $250 million per year.  It’s just a matter of how much they want to split with the players.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The NFL generates like $15 billion a year. It will be fine.

The owners get a higher percentage than the players. For doing f*ck all. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Did I miss anything.

These I agree with. 

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The NFL generates like $15 billion a year. It will be fine.

The owners get a higher percentage than the players. For doing f*ck all. 

They put up the money to pay it, take responsibility to pay everyone and take the financial risk. You sound like the people who want everyone take make $20 and hour for sweeping a floor or stocking shelves and the owners of the businesses to make peanuts.  

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They put up the money to pay it, take responsibility to pay everyone and take the financial risk. You sound like the people who want everyone take make $20 and hour for sweeping a floor or stocking shelves and the owners of the businesses to make peanuts.  

What financial risk is there in owning an NFL team?   It’s a sure fire way of printing money year in and year out.   It’s guaranteed to appreciate in value year over year.  It’s probably the least risky way of investing a couple billion dollars.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

What financial risk is there in owning an NFL team?   It’s a sure fire way of printing money year in and year out.   It’s guaranteed to appreciate in value year over year.  It’s probably the least risky way of investing a couple billion dollars.  

Right.

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The NFL is structured to take away the risk. This would be a better argument, but still a pretty weak one, for something like an EPL soccer team where there's actual pressure to perform and succeed. The Miami Dolphins owners will make millions off the team this year even if they're the worst in living memory.

Bringing risk up in this context is pretty laughable anyways given it's the "entertainers" as you call them putting their bodies and livelihood on the line. I wish the Wayne Chrebet's of the world were compensated more for what they gave, all for our amusement. Meanwhile Woody and Chris can go f*ck themselves with a flagpole for all I care.

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Billionaires pray for other billionaires to die or at least be outed as monster racists so they can have a small window of a chance to give the league $3 billion dollars for the rights to a team in states they wouldn’t normally allow their personal pilots to fly their private jets over and if any of these billionaire owners’ teams completely folded for any reason, these billionaires would write it off on their taxes and laugh about how the schoolteachers and janitors in that state will incur the costs of that lossX but yes the elite athlete making .000001% of annual revenue while getting his brain kicked in is the bad guy.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

13 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The NFL is structured to take away the risk. This would be a better argument, but still a pretty weak one, for something like an EPL soccer team where there's actual pressure to perform and succeed. The Miami Dolphins owners will make millions off the team this year even if they're the worst in living memory.

Bringing risk up in this context is pretty laughable anyways given it's the "entertainers" as you call them putting their bodies and livelihood on the line. I wish the Wayne Chrebet's of the world were compensated more for what they gave, all for our amusement. Meanwhile Woody and Chris can go f*ck themselves with a flagpole for all I care.

How much money do NFL owners make in profit a year?

A legitimate question not just me being a smart ass pushing people’s buttons. 

Who takes the loss when a team like the Detroit Lions a few years ago lose millions of dollars because they have the highest salary and one of the lowest revenue intakes? Does the owner of the Lions or is it deducted from a revenue share that all the owners get part of? 

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

A legitimate question not just me being a smart ass pushing people’s buttons. 

Who takes the loss when a team like the Detroit Lions a few years ago lose millions of dollars because they have the highest salary and one of the lowest revenue intakes? Does the owner of the Lions or is it deducted from a revenue share that all the owners get part of? 

While there is revenue sharing, individual teams don’t share in the P/L of every other team.   Each team spends their money how they see fit.  

Given the revenues and where the salary cap is right now, I don’t see how a team can lose money like the Lions did several years ago.  

Also, the REAL profit is made when the team is sold.  

11 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He'd be a great weapon to move forward with. But could the Jets sell him on getting through a bad year with possible brighter days ahead?

I’d imagine Diggs’ beef is more about Cousins sucking and Zimmer opting to run an offense from 1954 as a result. They threw the ball 10 times last week. Ten times. And when you factor in that Cousins is fixated on Thielen, it’s gotta be frustrating for anyone. 

• Upvote 1