JoJoTownsell1

Stefon Diggs might want out of Minnesota (MERGED)

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

They aren’t winning sh-t in this window Cousins is done

Can't be done if he never got started..

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They threw the ball 10 times last week. Ten times.

that was 3 weeks ago

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Imagine a scenario where the Jets acquire Stefon Diggs and then add Jerry Jeudy in next years draft.

Diggs-Jeudy-Crowder-Bell-Herndon-Darnold would be so sexy.

edit: never happen.  Bell on this roster still feels like a fantasy

as is Rice, Moss and Largent could start and would have schitty stats cos we cannot pass protect and play iwth Luke Falk.

10 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

A trade involving Adams is probably the only way for us to revamp the OL this off-season. I don't like it, I don't want it, but I can understand the thought.

Safety won't win you games the way a solid OL will.

Imo, the Jets have a few critically bad positions to address this offseason and I’d rank them like this:

1a. CB1

1b. OLT

1c. C 

2. CB2

3. WR

If they can fill any of those without burning draft picks to do it, they have to go ahead and do that with the quickness. Presuming they get a top-5 pick, there are a few nice OLT prospects, and there’s a good group of CBs in free agency next year. If they included Jamal Adams in any deal, think about how easy it’d be to find another plus strong safety. 

I was in the Vikings Stadium when Diggs scored the walk-off touchdown for the Minneapolis Miracle. 

For that reason, we must trade for him. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imo, the Jets have a few critically bad positions to address this offseason and I’d rank them like this:

1a. CB1

1b. OLT

1c. C 

2. CB2

3. WR

If they can fill any of those without burning draft picks to do it, they have to go ahead and do that with the quickness. Presuming they get a top-5 pick, there are a few nice OLT prospects, and there’s a good group of CBs in free agency next year. If they included Jamal Adams in any deal, think about how easy it’d be to find another plus strong safety. 

The number one priority is offense offense and more offense.  Screw defense.  You can find UDFA's to get beat all day long.  At least they care enough to keep trying.  Build an offense that cant be stopped.  Nothing else matters.  I'm so sick of trying to build a defense when scoring is the only thing that matters in this stupid watered down league.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, JiF said:

The number one priority is offense offense and more offense.  Screw defense.  You can find UDFA's to get beat all day long.  At least they care enough to keep trying.  Build an offense that cant be stopped.  Nothing else matters.  I'm so sick of trying to build a defense when scoring is the only thing that matters in this stupid watered down league.

I agree with you. Let’s make out.

How about we wait until we have an offensive line so Darnold has more than 2.4 seconds to throw to a receiver 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I agree with you. Let’s make out.

how you doin kiss GIF

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How could anyone ever hate the Vikings? 😂

They did kinda do us a huge solid by taking Kirk Cousins away from us. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, peebag said:

Try growing up in the midwest and forced to watch the Vikings beat the Bears/Lions/Packers by 30 every weekend for a decade.

Yea, I hate them too.

I meant Americans.

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

How about we wait until we have an offensive line so Darnold has more than 2.4 seconds to throw to a receiver 

2.4 seconds??? I think your giving our ol too much credit.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1a. CB1

1b. OLT

1c. C 

2. CB2

3. WR

Yea agreed on all points, I do think the fan base and locker room may revolt if we move Adams. They'd all point to the Revis trade (different position obviously) and say that we moved a known commodity for a gamble and the gamble didn't pay off.

I think if we want a fast one off-season turn around you'd have to move Adams or get very lucky with later picks. If you want to keep Adams it likely will take 2 offseasons.

23 hours ago, JiF said:

I think Tom's point was more so that we can fill CB in FA with money we'd burn anyway. There aren't really any good OL that I'm aware of that are hitting FA this off-season so we'd target those in trades and the draft.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think Tom's point was more so that we can fill CB in FA with money we'd burn anyway. There aren't really any good OL that I'm aware of that are hitting FA this off-season so we'd target those in trades and the draft.

A shutdown All-Pro CB in free agency, please name that player. 

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1a. CB1

1b. OLT

1c. C 

2. CB2

3. WR

Not bad, but replace CB1 and CB2 with OLB/DE and move them to the bottom. 

Offense is the top priority. Give Darnold every chance possible to become a really good QB. 

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

A shutdown All-Pro CB in free agency, please name that player. 

Did I say a "shutdown All-Pro CB"? or did I say finding a CB?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

1660-what-did-you-say.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Finding JAG CB's is easy look at our roster, Ramsey is plug and play and the position and the D is instantly improved. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Finding JAG CB's is easy look at our roster, Ramsey is plug and play and the position and the D is instantly improved. 

Ramsey is also a free agent after this year. He'd be a 10-12 game rental for us.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

Ramsey is also a free agent after this year. He'd be a 10-12 game rental for us.

Ok then sign him in free agency and keep the draft picks. 

On 9/26/2019 at 7:54 PM, New York Mick said:

Lol. These players and refusing to show up and losing million or demanding a trade. The owners need to band together to tell them to **** off and sit then. 

really? cause the way i see it the owners are greedy ****wads and this is the players only recourse. they should have fully guaranteed contracts

18 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea agreed on all points, I do think the fan base and locker room may revolt if we move Adams. They'd all point to the Revis trade (different position obviously) and say that we moved a known commodity for a gamble and the gamble didn't pay off.

I think if we want a fast one off-season turn around you'd have to move Adams or get very lucky with later picks. If you want to keep Adams it likely will take 2 offseasons.

2 off seasons provided we finally start drafting impact players....if Joe D isn’t the man for the job we’re screwed for the foreseeable future. I have high hopes for him but the fact of the matter is the Jets won’t get out of this mess until we start drafting players worth giving 2nd contracts to...

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok then sign him in free agency and keep the draft picks. 

Awesome, Trumaine Johnson will be making 15 million and then you want to give Ramsey at least that much?   So a little more than $30 million per year invested in two CBs while this team still has no edge rushers, piss poor O-line and no receivers.   Got it, thank God you are not in charge of the checkbook.  

He just got paid.  I think this is total nonsense.  I have the vikings in the super bowl this year.  Why the heck would he want to be traded?

You have a Kirk Cousins led team in the SB? My condolences to your wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

really? cause the way i see it the owners are greedy ****wads and this is the players only recourse. they should have fully guaranteed contracts

And it will keep ruining the NFL. The way I see it is the players are a bunch of greedy uneducated assholes that wouldn’t have **** without sports so it is what it is. 

Diggs is a second tier #1 in my opinion. He’s not Julio, Beckham, Cooper, etc... he does not keep DC’s up at night. With that said he’s a top class #2. His presence would result in far more wins than Jamal Adams. An even up trade of Adams for Diggs is fair market value in my opinion but I don’t know that the Vikings would need or want Adams. I was a huge supporter of trading Leo as far back as 2017. We missed that window. Adams still has good value that we can move him for good value in a position more impactful to the team, and I strongly feel we should be shopping him to do just that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Scherff. The guy we probably would have drafted had Leonard not FALLEN to us. Great swap of money, Scherff for Leo. 

Draft Thomas from Georgia, add Sherff, move up to draft the Wisconsin Center. Put Edoga at RT, and let every other guard on the roster fight for the other spot after cutting Winters. 

That scenario has us with just 1 free agent purchase & our Oline would be completely rebuilt with a mix of youth & vets. 

Everything else from that point on has to be WR, CB, Edge rusher. Or you could trade a #2 in 2020 (I'm sure it will be pretty high), for Trent Williams, sign Scherff, draft Jeudy, move up for the Wisconsin Center, and sign best free agent WR available. That's why I'm hoping a team with high aspirations loses a WR & we can trade Robbie Anderson. You know Robbies agent THINKS he's a #1 & of course he is on this pathetic team, but he's not a #1 on any other team in this league.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Awesome, Trumaine Johnson will be making 15 million and then you want to give Ramsey at least that much?   So a little more than $30 million per year invested in two CBs while this team still has no edge rushers, piss poor O-line and no receivers.   Got it, thank God you are not in charge of the checkbook.  

Trumaine Johnson needs to go.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Trumaine Johnson needs to go.

Unbelievable.

24 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Unbelievable.

Guy has been terrible and is overpaid. 

tase benched him for a reason. 

15 hours ago, RobR said:

I'm sure someone probably responded to this but Ramsey is not a FA after this season.

3 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

2 off seasons provided we finally start drafting impact players....if Joe D isn’t the man for the job we’re screwed for the foreseeable future. I have high hopes for him but the fact of the matter is the Jets won’t get out of this mess until we start drafting players worth giving 2nd contracts to...

Spot on!

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Scherff. The guy we probably would have drafted had Leonard not FALLEN to us. Great swap of money, Scherff for Leo. 

Draft Thomas from Georgia, add Sherff, move up to draft the Wisconsin Center. Put Edoga at RT, and let every other guard on the roster fight for the other spot after cutting Winters. 

That scenario has us with just 1 free agent purchase & our Oline would be completely rebuilt with a mix of youth & vets. 

Everything else from that point on has to be WR, CB, Edge rusher. Or you could trade a #2 in 2020 (I'm sure it will be pretty high), for Trent Williams, sign Scherff, draft Jeudy, move up for the Wisconsin Center, and sign best free agent WR available. That's why I'm hoping a team with high aspirations loses a WR & we can trade Robbie Anderson. You know Robbies agent THINKS he's a #1 & of course he is on this pathetic team, but he's not a #1 on any other team in this league.

I would definitely swap Scherff for Leonard in a heartbeat. I wonder if they'll let him walk, this is why I'm so mad we didn't got all in for Norwell or any of the other OL to hit the market recently.

On 9/26/2019 at 6:46 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If he doesn't want to play for the Vikings why in the world would he want play for the Jets?