Anyone going to see the Jets in Philadelphia?

Maxman

Just now, SAR I said:

My son. It’s reasonably close to his school.  He’s planning on Washington too. I’m going to join him for Baltimore. 

This is unquestionably the most convenient road schedule for Jets fans ever. 

SAR I

It really is. 

My son is going as well. I am not going I will be in Lake George watching it from up there.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you go to Baltimore let me know. It’s likely a win-and-in game for us and I’ve never been to that stadium. 

SAR I

Much more likely we are having the “meaningless wins hurt draft position” versus “all wins add to a winning culture” debate by that time.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you go to Baltimore let me know. It’s likely a win-and-in game for us and I’ve never been to that stadium. 

SAR I

I was there once. It was a win and in scenario.  The Jets went up 14-0 in the 1st Quarter,

Needless to say: Christmas was ruined.

Wife refuses to go to Philly to Lincoln or CBP anymore based on some unpleasant experiences such as in-stand altercations observed, personal in face nastiness from people sitting near us and worst of all, coming back to our car and finding some nasty stuff done to it.

If you are going, be aware that they have some weird tailgating rules like no chairs or BBQ's in certain lots

The sad part is that it makes a good trip to stay over and do other things, such as the Eastern Penitentiary (now a museum), Reading Market and a surprisingly good art museum. You can even stay in Atlantic City, the drive over is not that long.

For those of you going, enjoy and be safe 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Wife refuses to go to Philly to Lincoln or CBP anymore based on some unpleasant experiences such as in-stand altercations observed, personal in face nastiness from people sitting near us and worst of all, coming back to our car and finding some nasty stuff done to it.

If you are going, be aware that they have some weird tailgating rules like no chairs or BBQ's in certain lots

The sad part is that it makes a good trip to stay over and do other things, such as the Eastern Penitentiary (now a museum), Reading Market and a surprisingly good art museum. You can even stay in Atlantic City, the drive over is not that long.

Unfortunately, my wife is a life-long Eagles fan and her family had season tickets since the 70's.  I've been to about 10 games there.  My mother-in-law was known for getting into fights with Cowboys fans in the 300 level section of the Vet.  The new Lincoln Field is much better....but still a lot of the same fans.  Depending on where you sit, how you act and who you're with....you'll do fine.  I was in a luxury box for Eagles-Jets about 7 years ago when the Jets got crushed and Sanchez played like crap.  The only good things were the Yeungling beers and Eagles cheerleaders.

10639423_10154177630289186_8636899288255273957_n.jpg.178c3bb9ebdbf6ae1d4154d6fe377742.jpg

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Unfortunately, my wife is a life-long Eagles fan and her family had season tickets since the 70's.  I've been to about 10 games there.  My mother-in-law was known for getting into fights with Cowboys fans in the 300 level section of the Vet.  The new Lincoln Field is much better....but still a lot of the same fans.  Depending on where you sit, how you act and who you're with....you'll do fine.  I was in a luxury box for Eagles-Jets about 7 years ago when the Jets got crushed and Sanchez played like crap.  The only good things were the Yeungling beers and Eagles cheerleaders.

10639423_10154177630289186_8636899288255273957_n.jpg.178c3bb9ebdbf6ae1d4154d6fe377742.jpg

I am sooooo jealeous. I married into a family that has zero interest in sports, including the father, his son, and both his other sons in law. I missed like 35 years of Thanksgiving football live and you get a M-I-L with that kind of passion for the team. Nice !

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Try Tequila's on Locust....awesome! Double Tree Hotel on Broad is cheap, and straight shot too the Linc.

It's always safe in Philly, just wear green!

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

About to be 21-0 going into the half until Vinny threw a 99 yard pick six with a minute or so left.  Good times.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Groh's last game as HC. Think we were the only team in NFL history to start 4-0 and not make the playoffs.

I don't think the Pick 6 was that late in the game, but it was devastating. As were the TWO (2) Raven TDs via punt return.  21 points the D didn't give up and we lost by 14.  

That was 19 years ago.  Unreal.

4 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

I am sooooo jealeous. I married into a family that has zero interest in sports, including the father, his son, and both his other sons in law. I missed like 35 years of Thanksgiving football live and you get a M-I-L with that kind of passion for the team. Nice !

It can be good and bad.  Every time I see her she says, "You're welcome for beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl."  I just kinda nod my head.

We need these Jets to be relevant again.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I don't think the Pick 6 was that late in the game, but it was devastating.

Its was right before the end of the 1st half, just as Green DNA wrote (except that it wasn't 14-0, that play actually gave Baltimore the lead). 

Everyone always remembers the punt returns in the second half, but the biggest play in the game was the Vinny pick 6. It completely changed the momentum in that game. 

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Its was right before the end of the 1st half, just as Green DNA wrote (except that it wasn't 14-0, that play actually gave Baltimore the lead). 

Everyone always remembers the punt returns in the second half, but the biggest play in the game was the Vinny pick 6. It completely changed the momentum in that game. 

Ha, I was going from memory which obviously isn't that good.  That pick 6 was the absolute backbreaker, most likely a 14 point swing as they were in the shadow of the goalpost.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Dude - my 2nd wife's family was the same way. Her brother and one brother-in-law were NY union electricians and they didn't follow any sports at all and her other brother-in-law was from Italy and only cared about soccer. I'd go down to the basement to watch the Holiday games.   So glad I dumped that biotch.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2