Jump to content
KRL

My QB Rankings

Recommended Posts

This should stir up a lively debate, here's how I rank the present starting QB's:


Elite

Brady (NE)
Roethlisberger (PIT)
Brees (NO)
Wilson (SEA)
Rodgers (GB)


Elite In Time

Mahomes (KC)


Good

Rivers (LAC)
Watson (HOU)
Prescott (DAL)
Wentz (PHI)
Ryan (ATL)
Newton (CAR)
Goff (LAR)


Average

Dalton (CIN)
Foles (JAX)
Carr (OAK)
Cousins (MIN)
Stafford (DET)


Below Average

Mariota (TEN)
Winston (TB)
Keenum (WSH)
Flacco (DEN)


To Be Determined

Darnold (NYJ)
Allen (BUF)
Rosen (MIA)
Mayfield (CLE)
Jackson (BAL)
Brissett (IND)
Jones (NYG)
Trubisky (CHI)
Murray (ARZ)
Garrapolo (SF)

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my book QB's need to be a starter for at least three years in the league before they 
can be considered for the Elite category.  Mahomes isn't there yet

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Mahoney isn’t elite, I don’t know who is. He’s the best right now, he’ll be a top 3 come 2030 if not the best then. 

 

Edit: Mahomes autocorrected to Mahoney but I’m sure KC fans wouldn’t mind either

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KRL said:

In my book QB's need to be a starter for at least three years in the league before they 
can be considered for the Elite category.  Mahomes isn't there yet

But mahomes was the best qb in the nfl last year and so far this year.  And hes the best by miles.  2nd place isnt even close.

He is the number 1 qb in the league by far.  It does not matter how long he has played.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks reasonable. Mahomes is elite. Possibly the best QB in the league.

The only other issues I see is Goff. He’s not a good QB. Average at best. Maybe he improves over time, but right now that guy can’t go out there and takeover a game like the other QBs in the good category 

ehh one other thing. We’ve seen enough of Mitch trubisky to know he’s bad. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t like the “Elite in Time” and “To Be Determined” caregories

To stimulate debate i’d think it would be better to be forced to place all of those into one of the other categories


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

But mahomes was the best qb in the nfl last year and so far this year.  And hes the best by miles.  2nd place isnt even close.

He is the number 1 qb in the league by far.  It does not matter how long he has played.

AND he doesn't have to resort to cheating like Brady: No HGH, No salary finagling, No getting info from illegally videoing teams, No deflating balls, No getting special treatment from the NFL, No getting refs warning defenders not to touch him.

WTF is Brady on this list, put an asterisk there at least.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KRL said:

In my book QB's need to be a starter for at least three years in the league before they 
can be considered for the Elite category.  Mahomes isn't there yet

So he needs 3 MVP awards before being elite?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Mahomes is by far the best player in the NFL, let alone QB. 

I think Aaron Darnold deserves to be right next to him.  That guy's level of play right now is insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GreenwichJetFan's list:

 

Super Elite:
Mahomes (KC)

Elite:
Brees (NO)
Wilson (SEA)
Rodgers (GB)

FQB but not quite elite:
Brady (NE)
Rivers (LAC)
Watson (HOU)
Prescott (DAL)
Wentz (PHI)
Goff (LAR)
Jackson (BAL)
Garrapolo (SF)


FQB but I would never trust with my team:
Ryan (ATL)
Newton (CAR)


Average
Mayfield (CLE)
Carr (OAK)
Cousins (MIN)
Stafford (DET)
Darnold (NYJ)
Brissett (IND)
Jones (NYG)
Minshew (JAX)


Below Average
Dalton (CIN)
Mariota (TEN)
Winston (TB)
Keenum (WSH)
Flacco (DEN)
Rudolph (Pitt)
Allen (BUF)
Rosen (MIA)
Trubisky (CHI)
Murray (ARZ)

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Mahomes is the best of the best.

Newton need to be moved down a level.

I know Cam Newton has been hurt but you don't see him as better than Andy Dalton, Carr, etc.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KRL said:

This should stir up a lively debate, here's how I rank the present starting QB's:


Elite

Brady (NE)
Roethlisberger (PIT)
Brees (NO)
Wilson (SEA)
Rodgers (GB)


Elite In Time

Mahomes (KC)


Good

Rivers (LAC)
Watson (HOU)
Prescott (DAL)
Wentz (PHI)
Ryan (ATL)
Newton (CAR)
Goff (LAR)


Average

Dalton (CIN)
Foles (JAX)
Carr (OAK)
Cousins (MIN)
Stafford (DET)


Below Average

Mariota (TEN)
Winston (TB)
Keenum (WSH)
Flacco (DEN)


To Be Determined

Darnold (NYJ)
Allen (BUF)
Rosen (MIA)
Mayfield (CLE)
Jackson (BAL)
Brissett (IND)
Jones (NYG)
Trubisky (CHI)
Murray (ARZ)
Garrapolo (SF)

Mahomes is already elite

Dalton is Below average

Rivers, Wentz and Watson should be in a very good category above the good 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Excuse me, Jamal Adams was picked before mahommes so he is the better player at the more important position.

Damn. I didn’t realize we did that. McCag should buy a lottery ticket cuz he’s that lucky to  have stayed a GM for all those sh*tfilled years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Darnold is average but Josh Allen is below average? Take your green shades off

Darnold is average. Josh Allen is below average. That is correct.

”Green shades” would be a cool use of the term if I had Darnold in any of the 3 categories above where he is. As it stands with your usage, it’s simply stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We live and die by Darnold and what they put around him. F the rest of the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My own opinions, snapshot of thru now, without use of the TBD punt on evaluation:

Elite
Brady (NE)
Roethlisberger (PIT)
Mahomes (KC)
Brees (NO)
Rodgers (GB)

Near-Elite
Wilson (SEA)
Goff (LAR)
Rivers (LAC)
Prescott (DAL)
Ryan (ATL)

Above-Average
Watson (HOU)
Cousins (MIN)
Wentz (PHI) - Due to Injuries (otherwise Near-Elite)
Stafford (DET)

Average
Newton (CAR)
Jackson (BAL) - trending to Above-Average
Dalton (CIN)
Foles (JAX)
Carr (OAK)
Allen (BUF)
Mayfield (CLE)
Brissett (IND)
Jones (NYG) - Only One Start, a legit TBD Here

Below Average
Mariota (TEN)
Flacco (DEN)
Darnold (NYJ)
Murray (ARZ)
Trubisky (CHI)
Winston (TB)
Rosen (MIA)
Keenum (WSH)
Garrapolo (SF)
Bridgewater (NO #2)
Fitzpatrick (MIA #1/2)
Falk (NYJ)
Siemian (NYJ)
Rudolph (PIT)
Manning (NYG)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Darnold is average. Josh Allen is below average. That is correct.

”Green shades” would be a cool use of the term if I had Darnold in any of the 3 categories above where he is. As it stands with your usage, it’s simply stupid.

What has Darnold done to say he is average? Absolutely nothing.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Newton is one of the more overrated players in the NFL and is the 2nd best QB on his own team. Rivera doesnt have the balls to permanently sit Newton though.

Darnold will be in the elite category, which is all that matters. That said, people love to crucify Macc for picking Hackenburg but his worst decision was not to take Watson or especially Mahomes at 6. I crucified the move then, and in hindsight it is even worse than I thought

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

What has Darnold done to say he is average? Absolutely nothing.

He ended the year strong and looked better in preseason/camp. We would have found out or had a better idea this season but he was not 100% game 1 and has been out. PLUS, Mac completely ruined this team so he has no OL and we can’t tell how good he is.

Hopefully his mobility will allow him to survive behind this garbage OL and show that he is even average. He surely hasn’t shown enough yet but gives you hope based on the eyeball test. 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, johnnysd said:

I think Newton is one of the more overrated players in the NFL and is the 2nd best QB on his own team. Rivera doesnt have the balls to permanently sit Newton though.

Darnold will be in the elite category, which is all that matters. That said, people love to crucify Macc for picking Hackenburg but his worst decision was not to take Watson or especially Mahomes at 6. I crucified the move then, and in hindsight it is even worse than I thought

 

He is pure trash. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

What has Darnold done to say he is average? Absolutely nothing.

Darnold hate is completely irrational. All the Darnold hating losers see are his bad 4 or more games not all the good ones, and REFUSE to acknowledge that his core skills are up there with any QB in the NFL. It's really annoying and will be awesome when they can just shut the ****nuts up when Darnold proves them wrong.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...