Jets 2nd in NFL attendance

kevinc855

15 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Jets and Knicks don’t win yet are the economic engines of their respective leagues

15 hours ago, Philc1 said:

So? The chargers play in LA and have been good yet they have attendance issues

Well said.

It isn't just the sheer population of the NYC area.  Remember, there is more competition for the entertainment dollar in NYC than anywhere else in the world-  Jets, Giants, Yankees, Mets, Devils, Islanders, Rangers, Knicks, Nets.  Broadway dramas, Broadway musicals.  Late Night TV shows. 

This isn't Jacksonville who only have the Jaguars-  and if the Jags suck they have to tarp half the stadium.

The Jets aren't an elite team, but the Jets fans are an elite fanbase.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

And leaders in no shows. Way too many empty seats to hit that number. 

82,500 = Stadium Capacity

77,800 = Average Attendance

The stadium is not sold out.  So that 4,700 seat variance should be filled with season ticket holders in the upper deck.  Those are the seats that were given up by so-called 'loyal' Giants Stadium season ticket holders once the playoff runs of '09 and '10 ended, they just took off, jumped off the bandwagon. 

From studying this closely at the games, I feel very confident that no more than 10% of the stadium has fans with enemy colors.  So that's 7,700 people.  It's no different than at Yankee games, Mets games, Ranger games, Giants games, Patriots games, it's just the way it is, fans travel to attractive destinations to root for their team and have a fun weekend with the guys.  When I went to Arrowhead, Foxboro, or Lambeau to see the Jets, I saw crowds right around 10% rooting for the Jets in enemy stadiums.

Enemy fans:  Point is, there is nothing MetLife or the Jets are doing wrong, it's just a fact of life with affordable StubHub seats and cheap airline flights in a strong economy. 

Empty seats:  What the fans are doing wrong is not taking advantage of the PSL-free upper deck and scooping up season ticket subscriptions for the 7,700 unsold seats in the upper deck.  When the team turns the corner and starts winning consistently again, they'll be filled. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

SAR 1 is making fun of a kid .

SAR is telling you that you are the problem.  You are why enemy fans make it into our home stadium.

Show up.  Keep the enemy fans out by buying the seats they want.  Or shut up.  Doesn't matter to me either way.  But pick an option before you open your mouth on the subject again.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR is telling you that you are the problem.  You are why enemy fans make it into our home stadium.

Show up.  Keep the enemy fans out by buying the seats they want.  Or shut up.  Doesn't matter to me either way.  But pick an option before you open your mouth on the subject again.

SAR I

Weren’t you warned about this already?

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Well said.

It isn't just the sheer population of the NYC area.  Remember, there is more competition for the entertainment dollar in NYC than anywhere else in the world-  Jets, Giants, Yankees, Mets, Devils, Islanders, Rangers, Knicks, Nets.  Broadway dramas, Broadway musicals.  Late Night TV shows. 

This isn't Jacksonville who only have the Jaguars-  and if the Jags suck they have to tarp half the stadium.

SAR I

Nothing but money round these parts.

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I had season tickets for almost 40 years . My time is done . Let some other schmucks pay Woody for this horrendous product . I hope your BMW gets a flat .

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Weren’t you warned about this already?

A text messaging system is in place to enable fans to anonymously notify stadium security of any incidents while they are in the stadium. The team works closely with MetLife Stadium team members to respond to complaints of improper fan behavior. MetLife Stadium is proactively monitoring and issuing warnings. Bad behavior will not be tolerated.

To text: Open a blank text message and address the message to 78247. Type the word JETS followed by a space, the issue and the location.

7 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I had season tickets for almost 40 years . My time is done . Let some other schmucks pay Woody for this horrendous product . I hope your BMW gets a flat .

That's cool, that's completely your prerogative.

But if you have given up your season tickets and thus created empty seats that enemy fans can buy, a) keep your trap shut about the problem you've caused and b) stop blaming season ticket holders for your decisions.

Savvy?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Well said.

SAR I

Jet and Knicks fans are the best fans in their respective sports

• Upvote 1