They need alot to be a playoff contender

AL047

IMO, this team needs a lot of players for a lot of positions and it won't take one year to fix or two. I myself can't put a timeframe when this team will make the playoffs because this team is a total mess. We all have seen it on here how bad drafting has set this team back as well as bad coaching. I hate to say it but this team is looking a lot like the Cleveland Browns of old. 

Right now what's killing this team is the oline!!! What's going to happen in the offseason the Jets will need to replace the whole oline not one of those players on the oline now is worth keeping. The Jets will need to either draft and sign them through free agency to solidify the oline, That there alone will set them back and they will be needing a WR, (Enunwa and Anderson not going to be kept), a pass rushing OLB, CB's, DE, and ILB. Another thing this team needs is depth at a lot of positions because this team currently is lacking. At the moment those are the positions that are needed but the Jets have to look at other positions that will need to be addressed in the near future like DT, RB, TE, S and QB by resigning, drafting or free agency. Every year this team needs to address things at a lot of positions and there are always setbacks and bad signing. (I believe most of the players are in their rookie contracts and are waiting for their contracts to end, so they can move on to other teams.)

The Jets ownership can't keep hiring and firing GMs and coaches because this is one of the reason this team gets setback every year. Each GM and coach have their own plan or system of building or rebuilding this team but they can't go through or finish what they started. They need to hire someone to oversee their football operations because the owners don't know what they are doing. Lets hope this GM that was hired gets this team on the right path or its back to the drawing board for the ownership again in hiring again.

Isn't it time for this team to get their act straight? We have seen a lot of teams rebuild made the playoffs and won the Super Bowl, isn't it time for the Jets to make the same type of move? Can't they build for the long term? I don't see a playoff team and I don't see them in the playoffs if they don't fix this team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Biggest positions of need when Mike McCagnan took over:

outside Pass rusher

#1 WR

Starting LT and at least one other strong olineman

#1 CB

QB

We have the QB and that is it.  Almost a wasted 5 years.  His 'success' picks are in positions that are not premium and easy to fill.

Worse than John Idzik.

MacCagnan being so incompetent is only part of the story as he INTENTIONALLY avoided drafting the positions you listed. The mind boggles

9 hours ago, AL047 said:

IMO, this team needs a lot of players for a lot of positions and it won't take one year to fix or two. I myself can't put a timeframe when this team will make the playoffs because this team is a total mess. We all have seen it on here how bad drafting has set this team back as well as bad coaching. I hate to say it but this team is looking a lot like the Cleveland Browns of old. 

Right now what's killing this team is the oline!!! What's going to happen in the offseason the Jets will need to replace the whole oline not one of those players on the oline now is worth keeping. The Jets will need to either draft and sign them through free agency to solidify the oline, That there alone will set them back and they will be needing a WR, (Enunwa and Anderson not going to be kept), a pass rushing OLB, CB's, DE, and ILB. Another thing this team needs is depth at a lot of positions because this team currently is lacking. At the moment those are the positions that are needed but the Jets have to look at other positions that will need to be addressed in the near future like DT, RB, TE, S and QB by resigning, drafting or free agency. Every year this team needs to address things at a lot of positions and there are always setbacks and bad signing. (I believe most of the players are in their rookie contracts and are waiting for their contracts to end, so they can move on to other teams.)

The Jets ownership can't keep hiring and firing GMs and coaches because this is one of the reason this team gets setback every year. Each GM and coach have their own plan or system of building or rebuilding this team but they can't go through or finish what they started. They need to hire someone to oversee their football operations because the owners don't know what they are doing. Lets hope this GM that was hired gets this team on the right path or its back to the drawing board for the ownership again in hiring again.

Isn't it time for this team to get their act straight? We have seen a lot of teams rebuild made the playoffs and won the Super Bowl, isn't it time for the Jets to make the same type of move? Can't they build for the long term? I don't see a playoff team and I don't see them in the playoffs if they don't fix this team.

I respectfully disagree. You're talking about bailing on Darnold and starting completely over. Which, to be fair, may need to eventually happen. But I think with some of the players they still have Leo, Henry Anderson, Adams, Maye, Poole, Jenkins, Mosley, Darnold, Bell, Crowder, Anderson, Herndon, QW, Mosley...they have a lot of pieces in place.  

Relax. Yes, the O-line needs to get their act together and they need to get healthy on defense and Herndon comes back. Losing Enunwa hurts b/c it was a position with not a lot of depth and Gase looks to be less of an offensive Guru than we thought. Tru turned out to be a dud rather than a stud reborn which also hurts b/c that was another position where the Jets did not have much depth. However, Hairston has been a pleasant surprise- and so has Poole.

However, let's just see how they play when Sam is back and the schedule eases up a bit. Their secondary has been struggling but their defense has not been awful. Their offense will be different with Sam. They WILL start winning games and look like a different team. The O-line WILL start looking better. This team is simply not as bad as you make them out to be despite what it looks like right now. But I don't blame ya, they look pretty awful. 

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He just picked Best player available off his board. Regardless of need, he never factored that a LT is worth more than a DT or Safety.

Guy was a moron, none of his high first round picks are super stars. Jamal Adams is the best of the bunch, and he’s just a box Safety.

I’m not counting Darnold since we have no idea what he is, or how good or bad is is yet. Well one bright point is we can’t lose this week..

Dude, I'm not a Mac fan but this is nonsense.

I'm sick of the Jamal Adams is 'just a box safety' b.s. 

We don't know what Darnold will truly turn into but its not like we have no idea what he is. You want to tell me you really have no idea what kind of QB Darnold is? you're full of it.

Most GMs who are selecting high in the draft and do not need a QB go after BPA. Sometimes that is an O-lineman, most of the time its not. Mac happened to be one of those GMs who thought they could find quality O-linemen deep in the draft- that would have been fine but none of his guys worked out- so it was idiotic and part of the reason he got fired. But there have been plenty of O-linemen over-drafted who ended up being JAGs and plenty of DTs drafted high who were game changers.  

How is Darnold or any QB is going to succeed with this oline and WRs? How????? 

This oline is a mess and they can't protect anyone or block. They need to add WRs because Enunwa is done and Anderson can't carry this team or get open when needed. Darnold won't have the season that everyone here had hoped. 

outside Pass rusher
#1 WR
#1 CB
QB
We have the QB and that is it.  Almost a wasted 5 years.  His 'success' picks are in positions that are not premium and easy to fill.
Worse than John Idzik.
The team was a disaster when maccagan took over lets not act like it wasn't. You could have almost pointed at any position and said it was a major need. Obviously Mac didn't do a great job but let's not pretend like we were close when he took over.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

The team was a disaster when maccagan took over lets not act like it wasn't. You could have almost pointed at any position and said it was a major need. Obviously Mac didn't do a great job but let's not pretend like we were close when he took over.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Uhhh, yeah it was and where in my post did you get the idea I said it wasn't.

Maybe you can reread my post again to get the meaning.

Pass rusher, OT and other oline, #1 Wr and #1 CB were all massive holes.  We had a lot of good high picks in that time and he addressed exactly zero of the holes i just mentioned.

I can only conclude from your reply that you were one of the great ac defenders over the last 3 or 4 years.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, AL047 said:

I started to highlight, but stopped,fullsizeoutput_723.jpeg.5c409271669b800001f102a7b2c765c8.jpeg this is a perfect summation of the state of affairs with the Jets Organization. Well said! F-Cleveland.

I disagree. We need the oline to be shaken up and know their fckin assignments as well as our wrs. We also need to coach to win etc. Like play for first downs and then that leads to playing for tds then leads to victories. This shyt ain't rocket science they just need to get a fire lit under their pussy asses and suck it up and be men, and go get a damn win. The season is only lost in their own stupid minds and thats on the leadership of this team. Coaches need to lead us to victories when we get our starters healthy. We were all predicting playoffs before the injuries now people are saying we just don't have the talent. I say bullsh*t, suck it up and go kick Phillies ass. That'll turn the season around... play to win not to lose. Coach to win not to lose! You play to win the game!!!!

6 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I disagree. We need the oline to be shaken up and know their fckin assignments as well as our wrs. We also need to coach to win etc. Like play for first downs and then that leads to playing for tds then leads to victories. This shyt ain't rocket science they just need to get a fire lit under their pussy asses and suck it up and be men, and go get a damn win. The season is only lost in their own stupid minds and thats on the leadership of this team. Coaches need to lead us to victories when we get our starters healthy. We were all predicting playoffs before the injuries now people are saying we just don't have the talent. I say bullsh*t, suck it up and go kick Phillies ass. That'll turn the season around... play to win not to lose. Coach to win not to lose! You play to win the game!!!!

Not all of us.....

Said the Eagle....:)

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, AL047 said:

as far as I'm concerned, you're absolutely correct. I said this before the season got started. This is a 5 or 6 win team as is and with a major injury swoon the number sinks to 2 or 3. It's unfortunate but Mac's attempts to fix this team only made the team that much worse because he's terrible at his job.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Dude, I'm not a Mac fan but this is nonsense.

I'm sick of the Jamal Adams is 'just a box safety' b.s. 

We don't know what Darnold will truly turn into but its not like we have no idea what he is. You want to tell me you really have no idea what kind of QB Darnold is? you're full of it.

Most GMs who are selecting high in the draft and do not need a QB go after BPA. Sometimes that is an O-lineman, most of the time its not. Mac happened to be one of those GMs who thought they could find quality O-linemen deep in the draft- that would have been fine but none of his guys worked out- so it was idiotic and part of the reason he got fired. But there have been plenty of O-linemen over-drafted who ended up being JAGs and plenty of DTs drafted high who were game changers.  

That’s what Adams is, he sure as sh*t isn’t Ed Reed. He’s not good in coverage, he’s a good player, physical. He’s not fast, but if some mug offers a 1st rounder he’s off.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He just picked Best player available off his board. Regardless of need, he never factored that a LT is worth more than a DT or Safety.

Guy was a moron, none of his high first round picks are super stars. Jamal Adams is the best of the bunch, and he’s just a box Safety.

I’m not counting Darnold since we have no idea what he is, or how good or bad is is yet. Well one bright point is we can’t lose this week..

Hey, but Mac picked what looks like a generational talent at the Punter position. Good thing too since we do a lot of that. Now we just have to work towards being able to play a field position game where the punting will help and we may actually be able to win with that approach. God knows this O will take such a long time to consistently score a lot of points. When the smoke clears in a game or 2 we may be able to say we have a starting QA(Darnold), RB(Bell), and TE(Herndon) for a pretty long window due to their youth and contracts, but outside of those 3 we could use replacements or upgrades at every other offensive position. We may be able to salvage Crowder as a long term slot WR, but once teams saw we don't have enough time with this Oline to throw more than 10-12 years, they now take away the short middle with Crowder and anything else underneath or from scrimmage with Bell. Robby boy is just a decoy for deep passes everyone knows we have no time to make. That's not very hard for most defenses in this league to take away especially when the QB barely has enough time to set his feet on most throws and we cannot open a hole for any RB in the history of this game to run through and that includes Jim Brown. Right now this is the worst Oline I have ever seen our Jets field and I can only think or feel its cause of Kalil like he seems like he just can't play anymore at even an average level as far as communicating and handling his blocks properly. We may need to just cut the losses there and go back to Harrision who was playing well and jelling with Darnold and the Oline. Then next year from the inside out just start spending a lot of draft picks on Olineman. We may have started with Chuma who could man possibly one of the Tackle spots, but we may need to out him in there soon to find out. If this season is either lost soon or already lost we should put him starting at LT or RT to see how good he is and if we have one Tackle already. Both of our Tackle are ordinary or less anyhow and their ceiling are as high as they are going to go. Again even in a lost season we can check some players and evaluate if they are keeps. If that CB Austin or whatever his name is can be brought off IR after 8 games hey lets see what he has. Can any CB you put in there do worse than the guys we are fielding now. Don't all shout at once.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

I respectfully disagree. You're talking about bailing on Darnold and starting completely over. Which, to be fair, may need to eventually happen. But I think with some of the players they still have Leo, Henry Anderson, Adams, Maye, Poole, Jenkins, Mosley, Darnold, Bell, Crowder, Anderson, Herndon, QW, Mosley...they have a lot of pieces in place.  

Relax. Yes, the O-line needs to get their act together and they need to get healthy on defense and Herndon comes back. Losing Enunwa hurts b/c it was a position with not a lot of depth and Gase looks to be less of an offensive Guru than we thought. Tru turned out to be a dud rather than a stud reborn which also hurts b/c that was another position where the Jets did not have much depth. However, Hairston has been a pleasant surprise- and so has Poole.

However, let's just see how they play when Sam is back and the schedule eases up a bit. Their secondary has been struggling but their defense has not been awful. Their offense will be different with Sam. They WILL start winning games and look like a different team. The O-line WILL start looking better. This team is simply not as bad as you make them out to be despite what it looks like right now. But I don't blame ya, they look pretty awful. 

lol

3 hours ago, AL047 said:

How is Darnold or any QB is going to succeed with this oline and WRs? How????? 

This oline is a mess and they can't protect anyone or block. They need to add WRs because Enunwa is done and Anderson can't carry this team or get open when needed. Darnold won't have the season that everyone here had hoped. 

Its pretty easy. In life it shows that trying to succeed in anything increases your chances by 60% to get the job done. Same with winning football games. Hey Gase, give it a try. Throw 1 pass deep to Robby on 3rd down. I saw him make them numerous times under Bowles. It creates first downs, ya know Gase? First downs? Ever heard of it?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

outside Pass rusher

#1 WR

#1 CB

QB

Worse than John Idzik.

I’d like to find him on the road walking and run him over 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Beerfish said:

outside Pass rusher

#1 WR

#1 CB

QB

Worse than John Idzik.

Agreed.  Macc will go down as pur worst GM ever....  he inflicted a lot of damage.  franchise malpractice ...

Has he found a new job yet?  

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2019 at 12:45 AM, Beerfish said:

outside Pass rusher

#1 WR

#1 CB

QB

Worse than John Idzik.

right.  and it's not just the skill positions but those mid round picks that are needed to fill out the team.