Sign in to follow this  
Barry McCockinner

Chrebet Tweet

38 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Have you watched Lev Bell play this year?

Love Bell and he seems to have a great attitude but he's never been an underdog anywhere. 

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If only we had a scrappy, undersized gritty guy who was as a Real Leader that could lead the taem 

Chrebet would fight Gase for punting on 4th and 2 with under 4 to go in a two score game.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Wayne was such a great Jet.  I remember when he first started impressing in camp.  Only thing Kotite did right here (well other than get fired) was giving him a shot.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If only we had a scrappy, undersized gritty guy who was as a Real Leader that could lead the taem 

One could play, one..

Chrebet was Edelman before Edelman & without the TB12 juice. So funny watching Edelman go from this kinda scrawny guy to literally getting faster, quicker, and a more veiny muscular guy over the years. Pats players get better with age, it's quite amazing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Wayne Chrebet true grit all heart leave it all on the field player. 

Class act on and off the field. 

1 of my favorite all-time NY Jets. 

Literally sacrificed his well being for The Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I met him and shook his hand a few years after his retirement at his restaurant on Hempstead Turnpike. I could still see the pain in his eyes about retiring from football. That guy bled Jets green in every single sense of the word. It's hard to find a guy with that kind of determination and grit. He was truly an ambassador for the NYJ. However, I do think Jamal Adams is currently in that role and I think continue to do a great job.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Chrebet was Edelman before Edelman & without the TB12 juice. So funny watching Edelman go from this kinda scrawny guy to literally getting faster, quicker, and a more veiny muscular guy over the years. Pats players get better with age, it's quite amazing. 

Most football players are on it.   I think the most damning case is the Size difference between Gronk playing and retired.   

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Didnt kotite bring him in off the streets?¬† Hoftra aluÔĽŅmni

The Head Coach of Hofstra at the time was Joe Gardi who was the Jets DC under Joe Walton when Kotite was the OC, Gardi told Kotite to bring in Chrebet....having said that Kotite did a great job of stacking the Jets with talent during his two years, solid talent evaluator, horrific coach.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Brady can throw a ball about 20 yards farther at 40 than he could at 20 haha...true story.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

That whole team is juicing. Edelman  was actually caught. Thing is I believe every team has this problem, including ours. It starts in College. I recall a story about a player on Notre Dame telling a story about how Holtz told hi. To talk to other players about getting bigger. 

14 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Didnt kotite bring him in off the streets?  Hoftra alumni

yes.  he was the lap dog according to keyshawn.  for whatever failing kotite had as a coach he did bring in some good players for parcells.

30 minutes ago, rangerous said:

yes.  he was the lap dog according to keyshawn.  for whatever failing kotite had as a coach he did bring in some good players for parcells.

3 ring of Honor players in total if im not mistaken 

On 9/28/2019 at 8:57 PM, Beerfish said:

Box WR

Chrebet reinvented the slot wr position 

Walker, Edelman, Amendola, Beasley etc owe their careers to him

12 hours ago, deucebag said:

The Head Coach of Hofstra at the time was Joe Gardi who was the Jets DC under Joe Walton when Kotite was the OC, Gardi told Kotite to bring in Chrebet....having said that Kotite did a great job of stacking the Jets with talent during his two years, solid talent evaluator, horrific coach.

Parcells won with Kotite’s players DAMMIT!

14 hours ago, Jetster said:

https://grandstandcentral.com/2018/sports/nfl/julian-edelman-was-right-to-use-peds/

27DD8F6F-B270-439B-A64D-00CD51A939B3.jpeg

22 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Didnt kotite bring him in off the streets?  Hoftra alumni

Along with my fellow Hofstra Alumni Willie Colon and Marques Colston

Went to Hofstra for Law school

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Along with my fellow Hofstra Alumni Willie Colon and Marques Colston

Went to Hofstra for Law school

Zarb School of Business '94,  

• Upvote 1