The 1pm game thread

Maxman

13 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Do you see a video of the play.   Which one was it?

I am guessing he is talking about this one.  Fake left.  Fake right.  Throw it up the middle for the score.

Or, he could be tlaking about this one, but I don't think the play was designed to work like this.  Dude is fun to watch.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He’s getting the job done and the coach/OC are actually calling a bunch of different plays. 

Chase has been in that offense for several years going back to Philly with Reid, I think. It’s nice to see teams maintaining competitiveness despite losing their QB1.

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am guessing he is talking about this one.  Fake left.  Fake right.  Throw it up the middle for the score.

Or, he could be tlaking about this one, but I don't think the play was designed to work like this.  Dude is fun to watch.

Yep the double fake pop pass(essentially).  Money 

13 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Hold up. Chicago won with Chase Daniel coming in in the first quarter. And we can’t be competitive with our backups?! Da f Gase??

Daniel

Minshaw

Kyle Allen

etc etc.

but hey it's okay  if our offense looks el stinko because we are using the guy who was with gase all last yeat whom gase went out and got.

15 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Hold up. Chicago won with Chase Daniel coming in in the first quarter. And we can’t be competitive with our backups?! Da f Gase??

You guys do know that it's possible for other backups to be good, right?

Chase Daniel is 1000x better than Siemian and Falk.  This isn't news to anyone who has followed their careers.

As for Minshew, it also possible that he's just, you know, a good QB overall who was overlooked in the draft.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Daniel

Minshaw

Kyle Allen

etc etc.

but hey it's okay  if our offense looks el stinko because we are using the guy who was with gase all last yeat whom gase went out and got.

Maybe our 2nd and 3rd string QB just aren't that good? 

Crazy thought, but hear me out, those 3 are the exceptions not the rule for when your starter goes down.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Maybe our 2nd and 3rd string QB just isn't that good?  Crazy thought, but hear me out, those 3 are the exception not the rule for when your starter goes down.

Yes only our guy is bad, (the guy that was with gase all last year and whom gase brought in) all the other endless list of guys coming and and the team looking functional to good is because they all have great 2nd and 3rd stringers and we are the only team with a bad one.

The offense has looked stinko from game 1 to game 3.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You guys do know that it's possible for other backups to be good, right?

Chase Daniel is 1000x better than Siemian and Falk.  This isn't news to anyone who has followed their careers.

As for Minshew, it also possible that he's just, you know, a good QB overall who was overlooked in the draft.

Aright. But I swear if Matt Barkley starts next week and throws 2 TDs and 0 INTs...

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes only our guy is bad, (the guy that was with gase all last year and whom gase brought in) all the other endless list of guys coming and and the team looking functional to good is because they all have great 2nd and 3rd stringers and we are the only team with a bad one.

The offense has looked stinko from game 1 to game 3.

Falk was brought in to be a project, like most 3rd string QBs.  He knew the system, which was a plus, but should he ever get a chance to see the field, no, expectations should not have been high.

Three guys is not an endless list.  Especially when all 3 of those guys have shown the ability to play at a high (starter level at least) level in this league over an extended period of time and not just fill in spots here and there.

The offense, when Sam was healthy, didn't turn the ball over against a defense that obliterated the Patriots today.  Yes our backups suck and other teams have better backups.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Falk was brought in to be a project, like most 3rd string QBs.  He knew the system, which was a plus, but should he ever get a chance to see the field, no, expectations should not have been high.

Three guys is not an endless list.  Especially when all 3 of those guys have shown the ability to play at a high level in this league over an extended period of time and not just fill in spots here and there.

The offense, when Sam was healthy, didn't turn the ball over against a defense that obliterated the Patriots today.  Yes our backups suck and other teams have better backups.

Speaking of Sam, when do you think we'll hear about his status for the Eagles? I'm thinking Tuesday morning at the latest...

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Speaking of Sam, when do you think we'll hear about his status for the Eagles? I'm thinking Tuesday morning at the latest...

Word on the street is he'll be getting tests done tomorrow to see if he can be cleared.  If he ain't on a practice field by Wednesday, I'd say he's out another week.

• Upvote 1

Chase Daniel has been in the league for 11 years and is one of the most sought-after and highly-paid backups every time his contract is up. The Eagles gave him huge money a few years back to be a placeholder starter for them. Why are we comparing him to Luke Falk, who was practice squad fodder in Miami, got cut, and was on the street in September? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1