The 1pm game thread

Maxman

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Chase Daniel has been in the league for 11 years and is one of the most sought-after and highly-paid backups every time his contract is up. The Eagles gave him huge money a few years back to be a placeholder starter for them. Why are we comparing him to Luke Falk, who was practice squad fodder in Miami, got cut, and was on the street in September? 

everyone knows we got the steal of the century....  we took Hack in the second. THAT was the play. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans, 2020, watching a Saquon/Daniel Jones offense averaging 35 ppg: 

I don't get why anyone gives a sh!t about what the Giants do, excpet for that one time every four years when we go against them.  Not in our Division, not in our Conference.  Who cares if they share a stadium with us, they have no impact on us unless we are playing them or they are going against someone we are fighting with for a playoff spot (if we ever fight for a playoff spot again).

They are just another team.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't get why anyone gives a sh!t about what the Giants do, excpet for that one time every four years when we go against them.  Not in our Division, not in our Conference.  Who cares if they share a stadium with us, they have no impact on us unless we are playing them or they are going against someone we are fighting with for a playoff spot (if we ever fight for a playoff spot again).

Not for me

i go to work and listen to giant fans, I hang out with my friends and listen to Giant fans

its been like this since I was 7

Giants are my number 1 enemy, followed by the cowboys, because there’s so many of their fans around also

i rooted for the Pats over the Giants in both SBs

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Not for me

i go to work and listen to giant fans, I hang out with my friends and listen to Giant fans

its been like this since I was 7

Giants are my number 1 enemy, followed by the cowboys, because there’s so many of their fans around also

I don't live in NY anymore; but I felt the same way when I did.  Giants never bothered me.  Still don't.  Was happy to see them knock off the Pats.  Both times.  Only NY team that I hate is Rangers (I am an Islander fan) but in that case we are in same Division. 

Clearly I am in the minority around here.  More people seem to think the way you do.

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

Took another Sunday off. Saw a little of the cheaters bills game 

looks like the right call lots of you all butt hurt and the Jets didn’t even play lol

Watched a lot of football today all without beer or alcohol, it was a nice change of pace and guess what i'm not aggravated tonight. 

• Upvote 1

Some of these total scores:-

Eagles at Packers: 34-27 (61 total points)

Browns at Ravens: 40-25 (65 total points)

Chiefs at Lions: 34-30 (64 total points)

Raiders at Colts: 31-24 (55 total points)

Chargers at Dolphins: 30-10 (40 total points)

Redskins at Giants: 24-3 (27 total points)

Seahawks at Cardinals: 27-10 (37 total points)

Buccaneers at Rams: 55-40 (95 total points)

Jaguars at Broncos: 26-24 (40 total points)

Points bonanza. Hopefully the Jets join the party later in the season (I don't see it happening next week with either a rusty Darnold at QB or an overmatched Falk at QB).

1 hour ago, Lith said:

The reason is two-fold, imo. 

1. There is rapidly increasing anxiety regarding Darnold’s long-term prospects as evidenced in the Baker Mayfield-hating threads. If guys like Daniel Jones and Gardner Minshew join Baker and Mahomes and Watson as winning QBs in the league while Sam is still working his way back from another stint on IR, tensions will rise. It’s less about Jones looking good as it is about swinging and missing in a potentially historic crop of young QBs, with one of those QBs playing for the Giants.

2. Literally everyone had a good laugh at Gettleman when he took Saquon over Darnold and again when he took Daniel Jones over Haskins. Jets fans, in particular, hung that one on the mantle as a huge win. A year later, Barkley is a legitimate (though injured) franchise player and Jones looks preternaturally good when every draft analyst predicted he’d be horrible. If Barkley and Jones resurrect the Giants into contention when the Jets had finally lucked into their alleged cornerstone QB and that QB is still muddling on a bad team in between IR stints, it’s simply depressing. There will have been a stretch of about 39 seconds in which it appeared like NYC was going to be a Jets town.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The reason is two-fold, imo. 

1. There is rapidly increasing anxiety regarding Darnold’s long-term prospects as evidenced in the Baker Mayfield-hating threads. If guys like Daniel Jones and Gardner Minshew join Baker and Mahomes and Watson as winning QBs in the league while Sam is still working his way back from another stint on IR, tensions will rise. It’s less about Jones looking good as it is about swinging and missing in a potentially historic crop of young QBs, with one of those QBs playing for the Giants.

2. Literally everyone had a good laugh at Gettleman when he took Saquon over Darnold and again when he took Daniel Jones over Haskins. Jets fans, in particular, hung that one on the mantle as a huge win. A year later, Barkley is a legitimate (though injured) franchise platter and Jones looks preternaturally good when every draft analyst predicted he’d be horrible. If Barkley and Jones resurrect the Giants into contention when the Jets had finally lucked into their alleged cornerstone QB and that QB is still muddling on a bad team in between IR stints, it’s simply depressing. There will have been a stretch of about 39 seconds in which it appeared like NYC was going to be a Jets town.

Damn you’re smart. I said almost the exact thing in the Mayfield thread just a bit earlier!

cc @greenwichjetfan

40 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Some of these total scores:-

Eagles at Packers: 34-27 (61 total points)

Browns at Ravens: 40-25 (65 total points)

Chiefs at Lions: 34-30 (64 total points)

Raiders at Colts: 31-24 (55 total points)

Chargers at Dolphins: 30-10 (40 total points)

Redskins at Giants: 24-3 (27 total points)

Seahawks at Cardinals: 27-10 (37 total points)

Buccaneers at Rams: 55-40 (95 total points)

Jaguars at Broncos: 26-24 (40 total points)

Points bonanza. Hopefully the Jets join the party later in the season (I don't see it happening next week with either a rusty Darnold at QB or an overmatched Falk at QB).

How on earth are the jets expected to score points when they are on their 12th string QB?!?!?!?!?

29 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Damn you’re smart. I said almost the exact thing in the Mayfield thread just a bit earlier!

cc @greenwichjetfan

How you made the jump from what T0m posted to your post about wanting Baker to succeed because you liked him pre-draft, I don’t know. Why you tagged me in this thread, I don’t know.

What I do know is that unlike Baker, I’m happy to watch Danny Dimes and Gardner TheManshew succeed, and I think Mahomes and Watson are two of the most fun/exciting players to watch in the league along with Lamar Jackson. 

I’ve said all along, my hating Baker has nothing to do with Sam, but rather because he’s proven himself over and over again to be a selfish, entitled douchebag.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

How you made the jump from what T0m posted to your post about wanting Baker to succeed because you liked him pre-draft, I don’t know. Why you tagged me in this thread, I don’t know.

What I do know is that unlike Baker, I’m happy to watch Danny Dimes and Gardner TheManshew succeed, and I think Mahomes and Watson are two of the most fun/exciting players to watch in the league along with Lamar Jackson. 

I’ve said all along, my hating Baker has nothing to do with Sam, but rather because he’s proven himself over and over again to be a selfish, entitled douchebag.

Believe it or not, I don’t take discussions like this as if they’re  life and death matters. I tagged you because I thought you might get a laugh out of the same conversation going on in another thread.

At the end of the day, you’re as entitled to think Mayfield is a douchebag as I am to like him. I’m also happy to see you aren’t one of those who feel the need to root against all the other kid QBs.

Have a good night...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

+1. I rooted for the Giants in both of their recent SBs, and have always liked the Mannings. Except for the Cruz 99 yard TD game, I really have no ill will towards the Giants, and have no problem with Danny Dimes playing well as long as it doesn’t happen against the Jets once every 4 years.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We made such a blunder drafting Adams.

Deshaun Watson, patick mahommes

#1 CBs in Lattimore and Tredavious White whom the bills traded down and still got.

Adams at 6 is a giant reach compared to what else we could have. The pick would be getting blasted if he didn't talk himself into being overrated by the media

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Believe it or not, I don’t take discussions like this as if they’re  life and death matters. I tagged you because I thought you might get a laugh out of the same conversation going on in another thread.

At the end of the day, you’re as entitled to think Mayfield is a douchebag as I am to like him. I’m also happy to see you aren’t one of those who feel the need to root against all the other kid QBs.

Have a good night...

Also, be careful throwing your hat in the same ring as @T0mShane. He only likes Baker because it’s a direct reflection of himself. Well, that and the Rex comments. Shane loves himself a good Rex hating circle ️.

Have a good night my Baker loving friend.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah but you're wrong to like him.  Only Browns fans should like him.  He's as unlikable as they come and only pretty good at football.  

I can’t help myself 80. I grew up hating Woody Hayes and Ohio St.

I always liked watching him play, but from day Mayfield planted the Oklahoma flag on the “O”, he was my guy.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Lith said:

I am guessing he is talking about this one.  Fake left.  Fake right.  Throw it up the middle for the score.

Or, he could be tlaking about this one, but I don't think the play was designed to work like this.  Dude is fun to watch.

After watching Minshew II yesterday I'll chalk that Jax game up as a loss. Jets might be picking 3rd again. Dolphins, Broncos, Jets. 

13 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Tampa taking it to the Rams in Los Angeles.  Chris Godwin with 2 TDs already.   Shocking that Maccagnan took Ardarius Stewart 5 picks earlier in that draft.  Mind boggling. 

I can remember screaming for Godwin when we were on the clock in that draft.  The selection of Stewart was....disappointing.

Could have had an elite young WR who is getting better every week, instead we picked an over-aged dud whose NFL career is already a distant memory.

Yeah....that one still hurts.

8 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I can remember screaming for Godwin when we were on the clock in that draft.  The selection of Stewart was....disappointing.

Could have had an elite young WR who is getting better every week, instead we picked an over-aged dud whose NFL career is already a distant memory.

Yeah....that one still hurts.

The 2017 draft could have and should have provided this team with some much needed offensive weapons.  Let’s forget the Adams pick in the first.  Dalvin Cook taken just 2 picks after Maye in the second.  You have Godwin taken 5 picks after Stewart in the 3rd, and then you had George Kittle taken 4 picks after Chad Hansen in the 4th.  Yes, it’s kinda hindsight, but those players selected were players that many around here loved, especially where they where they were drafted AND were selected right after Maccagnan’s picks   

Now for me what makes this so much worse is that Maccagnan presumably scouted those positions hard because in that same draft he selected 2 WRs (Stewart and Hansen), a TE (Jordan Leggett) and a RB (Elijah McGuire).  None of those players are with the team just 2 years later.  You think this team would look a little different with Cook, Godwin and Kittle?