The 1pm game thread

Maxman

28 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

That's just it, we know who they are we need them to go down some pegs, assuming the Jets are still in this which they are mathematically.

I get it.  Its just that I want the Jets to be the ones to knock them down some.  I am tired of living vicariously through other teams; eventually someone will beat them and take this Division.  I want it to be us.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

23 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think I would rather see the Pats win today.  We know what they are.  We don't quite know what the Bills are yet.  They are 3-0 against a weak schedule.  Allen has looked good at times.  I would rather learn that Buffalo is more pretender than contender today.

Something about typing that makes me feel dirty.

Completely agree.

If you think about it, this should not be controversial. It’s much better for us, in the long run, if Buffalo turns out to be just another mediocre team and NE dominates them, than  the other way around.

Watching NE run through another dominant season is sickening, but Brady is 42, so there a natural time limit there.

If given the choice, I’d much rather see NE win another Super Bowl than see Buffalo become a perennial contender with a 23 year old Josh Allen 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Completely agree.

If you think about it, this should not be controversial. It’s much better for us, in the long run, if Buffalo turns out to be just another mediocre team and NE dominates them, than  the other way around.

Watching NE run through another dominant season is sickening, but Brady is 42, so there a natural time limit there.

If given the choice, I’d much rather see NE win another Super Bowl than see Buffalo become a perennial contender with a 23 year old Josh Allen 

He is not going to be a threat IMO. His D is his big helper elf.

27 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Giants up 7-0 with a TD by Jones. It always helps when your receivers are wide open. lol

26 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Josh Rosen just throw a td 

The jets never had a clean pocket like he had in that td throw 

It's so hard to take this place seriously when it comes to other young QBs.

Always with the caveats for theirs, excuses for ours...

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It's so hard to take this place seriously when it comes to other young QBs.

Always with the caveats for theirs, excuses for ours...

The other side of the coin that doesn't consider the makeup of teams at all isn't any more reasonable

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

I get it.  Its just that I want the Jets to be the ones to knock them down some.  I am tired of living vicariously through other teams; eventually someone will beat them and take this Division.  I want it to be us.

This.

If the Jets aren't the ones to supplant the Pats in the division, no one is.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Daniel Jones is probably the real deal, but it doesnt affect us outside of the 1 game we play every 4 years.

We have our guy, they have theirs. Not the end of the world, we can coexist.

Jones has played great and is a NFL QB but let's see him play a tough D first

• Upvote 1