Superbowl Terror Plot Thwarted?

Sharrow

Friday, February 3, 2006

DETROIT - Major Terror Plot Thwarted.

Thanks to the joint efforts of the NSA, US Customs, CIA, FBI, INS and the Detroit Police Department, a possible terrorist plot was discovered and thwarted Tuesday. Due to the help of Detroit native Fārūq Biggums, three separate terrorist "sleeper cells" were discovered and routed in the Detroit Metro Area. Twelve different men were apprehended and confined, including Algerian immigrant Iwar Shibubrub, a principal target on the US terror watch list. Not much is known about the plot other than its target, expected date, and method of attack.

Those involved report that Mr. Biggums successfully infiltrated the group and gained their trust. Over a period of 6 months, he gathered information on the cells including very descriptive plans for three separate terrorist attacks in Detroit, Toronto, and Columbus.

According to statements made by Mr. Biggums, the target of the attack was Ford Field on Sunday February 5th, the day of Superbowl XL. The game will be guarded by one of the largest security undertakings in U.S. history, aided by more than 50 federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, including over 10,000 security personnel on duty, more than for any other event in U.S. history. Radiation detectors, SWAT teams, bomb removal and other specialized law enforcement officials will be on hand during the event.

But all of that wouldn't have made much of a difference had these men's plan succeeded. The details released of the scheme were very limited and some of it confusing. Mass debating was held over whether or not the attack was even possible. Although, one thing that everyone agreed on was that the casualties would have been numerous and devastating if in fact it was. Information is sketchy, but what we do know is that at the time of the game, the terrorists were planning to somehow lower the temperature in the stadium by over 20° Fahrenheit and drive a bullet-train through the stadium killing thousands of people and causing unimaginable destruction.

elevated.jpg

You guys take things too seriously, it took me like two minutes, its not like it was a science experiment. Its funny that some of you actually thought there was even the slightest chance it was legit though.

What are you like 10? Where's the humor in coming up with BS like this? Maybe you should get your ass in the military and see how funny it is.

Mods, how about deleting this damn thread! Not the funniest in the slightest when there are legit threats out there.

If you think that it is even possible to drive a train through a stadium and cool everyone's beers while you do it, then you need some serious help. And there's a serious chance that I would have joined the military already by now if I knew that my government and country would use me appropriately, and I personally don't have that kind of trust in them. I think I could be a pretty good soldier in fact. But I have no pity for people who have no sense of humor.

I'm sorry that I might have offended people, but it must suck to be someone who was offended by something so stupid.

That was BS from the start. #1, The only thing remotely resembling a train in Detroit is the people mover, and good luck getting that to work, half the time the thing doesn't work not to mention it doesn't pass near Ford Field. Second, other than maybe the Super Bowl, if im going to make a statement by having a terrorist attack, do I really want to do it in Detroit? Half the city already looks like it was bombed anyways.

You guys take things too seriously, it took me like two minutes, its not like it was a science experiment. Its funny that some of you actually thought there was even the slightest chance it was legit though.

The funny thing is that you actually took time out of your day to waste other peoples time as well. It's my contention that your sense of humor is lame and your life is boring. If you didn't think people would even consider it to be real why would you make it in the first place; since there was not one ounce of humor...

The funny thing is that you actually took time out of your day to waste other peoples time as well. It's my contention that your sense of humor is lame and your life is boring. If you didn't think people would even consider it to be real why would you make it in the first place; since there was not one ounce of humor...

He just doesn't get it. It's not the stupid content of the post, it's the idea of making a joke about terrorism in the first place...it ain't funny!

First of all, it took me less than three minutes to write that up, its not my fault if it takes other people 15 minutes to read it.

I got some humor out of it, personally. I must have laughed for a good 30 seconds at the "I'm glad they caught these guys" post. I'm sure some other people got at least a little chuckle out of that as well.

And the point was to make people think it was real, up until the last sentence. But the point wasn't to make them think it was real even after reading the obvious coors light reference at the end. Is that my fault?

And if you ask me, the joke was about the coors light train and how if it in fact were to drive out of the tunnel into and through a stadium, it would be disasterous. It certainly wasn't intended to make a joke out of terrorism. Thats just what I think when I see those commercials. "Those people are dead, damn train got them."

Yep, I had you begged as a Forrest Gump wannabe all along...stupid is as stupid does. Bet you carry a box of chocolates around with you too.

And I'm not sure I understand what that means. I do like to eat chocolate and I did enjoy that movie though, I don't see anything wrong with that.

And jokes about racism can be funny, look at chris rock, paul mooney, dave chapelle, richard pryor, etc. Jokes about religion are funny, look at steve carlin(i meant george), bill maher, etc. So why can't jokes about terrorism be funny? Just cause I made some people think it was real for the first 3/4 of it, they get pissed off. Every person I've made that general joke too outside of this board has laughed. The difference between them and the people here is the way I told it.

Out side of this board I said something like "Hey, did you hear about the terrorist attack that they prevented in detroit at the superbowl?" "No, what happened?" "Apparantly, they were going to drive a train through the stadium and kill a bunch of people after they cooled off all their beer."

So I only made them believe it for a second or so, maybe thats the difference. Maybe the people I know have a broader sense of humor and can take a joke. If you can't take a joke, its not my problem.

I'm not offended by it and your problably right in a different setting I might even have laughed but when you read anything about terrorist attacks it's an unsettling feeling that myself and many other people get. I didn't think this was an actual report I obviously got the little joke at the end but when you start a thread about terror plots usually people are going to read into it a little differently than when they open any other thread regarding trade rumors or something else. It was just poor taste on your part because people do value the fact that a lot of people post actual news on this forum.

If it was a real news article, I would have posted a link to the reference. In retrospect, it probably should have been posted in the lounge. And there was a question mark in the title, I thought that would make people read it more skeptically, guess I was wrong.

WTF happened to my post??? There were no nipples and no pubes!! At least it would have lightened the mood in this thread.:confused:

It was 2 naked people having sex. I mean it's not like you posted a pic of 2 kittens drinking milk.

Not a big deal but it couldn't stay.

Archived