6 teams circling their Calendar

Jetster

Unfortunately the injury bug and a suspension have really decimated our already thin as paper team. Watching football every Sunday you get to see just how far behind the Jets are from the top teams in this league. 

But, how do we match up with the rest of the league? We're going to find out after the Cowboys game when we have 7 games in a row of winnable games. These are the games that Chris Johnson & Joe Douglas need to use to grade Adam Gase abilities. If Sam Darnold is back & healthy, he gets no excuses. I just watched a 6th round QB win in Denver getting chased all over the field. 

All Six of these opponents will expect to beat the Jets. Jax, Miami twice, Oakland, Cincy, Washington, Giants. It's highly likely we'll enter this stretch at 0-5. It's easy to make excuses playing teams like the Bills who went toe to toe with the Pats & held Brady to 150 yards, the Browns who went to Baltimore & spanked the Ravens, and the 4-0 Patriots with a QB with Mono & 2nd and 3rd string QBs.

But this stretch coming up will be a litmus test for Gase. Jets are lacking depth but we should be able to play against any of those opponents. If we fall flat through those 7 games & this offense looks as putrid as it has his seat will be the hottest in the league. He gave me a lot of confidence at camp & during the preseason but talk is cheap in this league (see Jamal Adams & Tom Shane). Gase needs to start showing us something with Darnold & Herndon back on offense. These teams will come into these games with their own high expectations against the struggling Jets. These 7 games will frame his chance of success here because I truly believe that if he's an unmitigated disaster & we continue to struggle on offense we're in for another long & painful few years & another Head Coaching change. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Does it matter if Douglas is as bad has the previous two goons we’ve had in the GM’s seat? -Since the Johnson boys clearly know what their doing..

The homer in me says he'll be a lot better....simply because he can't be worse.

The beaten down Jets fan in me says get ready for a lot of Nathan Shepherd caliber players....only this time they'll all be Guards and Offensive Tackles rather than DLinemen.  Same stuff...different side of the ball.

To think we could have had a monkey throwing darts at Mel Kipers best available and most likely had more starters from the last 9 drafts is comical. 

This board has the most humor on any fan site I've ever seen which proves humor is the best medicine. The Jets get worse, this board gets more hilarious. Jet fans are truly the best in sports based on relative record. 

If the Patriots had been this bad since Drew Bledsoe got crushed that Stadium would be an echo chamber & the only thing those Chowda heads would care about would be the Sawx & Celts. I now find it more painful to watch the Patriots March onto another Super Bowl appearance than watching the Jets get clobbered every week. The NFL knows this and feeds on the Patriots being absolutely despised by the entire country. Everyone outside of Pats fans watches them praying for them to lose or at least half the team get carted off the field. That whole, I don't want to see anyone injured gets completely thrown out the window with the Patriots. In public it's oh, that's a shame, in private it's fist bumps & YES! 

I mean in no way do I think the CJ and Douglass expected the team to be this bad but let's be honest, you do't fire your GM if you think you have perennial playoff team on your hands.  I'm from the Head Coaching interviews and then Gase getting into the building he was convinced into the idea that this team was a lot further away then he initially thought.  The upside to this ugly year is we're likely not looking at 7-9/8-8 type year and should end up with a top 5 pick as apposed to being in that no mans land of picking between 15-20.  It's been too much losing and I'm tired of this as well but it gives Douglass a lot of options.  He can take that top 5 pick or what I tend to lean towards is trading it for more picks.  And with Darnold, Mosely, Adams and Lev here as the core we could turn this around pretty quickly  The truth is though this was never the year, not after 4 years of just awful drafting from Mac and then 2 years of Idzik. 

33 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I mean in no way do I think the CJ and Douglass expected the team to be this bad but let's be honest, you do't fire your GM if you think you have perennial playoff team on your hands.  I'm from the Head Coaching interviews and then Gase getting into the building he was convinced into the idea that this team was a lot further away then he initially thought.  The upside to this ugly year is we're likely not looking at 7-9/8-8 type year and should end up with a top 5 pick as apposed to being in that no mans land of picking between 15-20.  It's been too much losing and I'm tired of this as well but it gives Douglass a lot of options.  He can take that top 5 pick or what I tend to lean towards is trading it for more picks.  And with Darnold, Mosely, Adams and Lev here as the core we could turn this around pretty quickly  The truth is though this was never the year, not after 4 years of just awful drafting from Mac and then 2 years of Idzik. 

Drafting has been horrendous! Zero 1st rounders picked from 2008 until Adams will be on the team next year! ZERO! 

Vernon Gholston- Dustin Keller- Mark Sanchez- Kyle Wilson- Muhammad Wilkerson- Quinton Coples- Dee Milliner- Sheldon Richardson- Calvin Pryor- Leonard Williams- Darron Lee. 11 1st round picks & not 1 star and in reality Richardson was the only one with any value (2nd round pick). 

Asking Gase & Joe Douglas to come into this mess & have a Parcells like turnaround is ridiculous.