At least we are not living through this Hell!

docdhc

+1 to OP, indeed, thank God! 

Imagine, we might be 0-3 headed towards 0-7 today if we had sig........oh, right.

Well, thank God we saved our owners money at least.  As a Fan, nothing is more important to me than how much of our Team Owners money we save for him.  

Thank God we dodged that bullet by intentionally offering that guy the most money and begging him to sign here, and yet being such a pathetic perennial loser of franchise that he opted to go elsewhere. 

That, indeed, was true front office brilliance indeed.  I'm so glad we keep dodging these bullets.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 8
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

We know today that Mike Maccagnan was a far, far, far worse GM than we even appreciated 6 months ago.  

His only good moves were lucky.  

Correction...move...singular, when Darnold fell.

But again, no one should lose sight of this, Maccagnan was about to be FIRED in Houston, why? Obviously because of what transpired with the Jets...he’s a terrible evaluator of talent, and either had juice to keep his jobs or kissed up to his bosses non stop.  I think Maccagnan might be the only guy in NFL history to be elevated to a GM position while about to be fired as a Scout.

He had the Jets checkbook open for Cousins to sign at even bigger dollars than Minnesota gave him and at that exact time Cousins was 4-26 vs Winning teams, and the trend continues TODAY.  Minnesota will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Cousins and it is highly doubtful they even make a strong playoff run.  Would have been better flushing their $100Mill, but Maccagnan was fully prepared to give him the money, which would have bought himself more undeserved paychecks.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

but we went and signed Tru for 72 mill, which is even worse.....

Not really.  By signing Cousins, the Vikings are costing themselves chances to draft a franchise QB of their own.  It's basically kicking the can down the road.  The Trumaine Johnson signing only prevented us from drafting a CB1.  Damaging, yes, but not as damaging as the opportunity cost of missing out on a potential young franchise QB.  

As talented as the Vikings are, it's still better to have Darnold to build around.  If Sam doesn't turn out to be a franchise QB, OK, we messed up.  But it's better to try to build around a young guy on his rookie deal than spending big money on a QB that is only good enough to put you at pick # 20 without being capable of winning playoff games.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My point still stands.  The Trumaine Johnson signing pales in comparison to the opportunity cost the Vikings are losing out on from making Cousins their "franchise" guy.  

idgaf about the fffing vikings....

2 shcitt signings...  i still think our signing is worse....we made our team worse- Vikes...  they are getting the same QBing they had, but overpaying, we are overpaying for making our D significantly worse.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My point still stands.  The Trumaine Johnson signing pales in comparison to the opportunity cost the Vikings are losing out on from making Cousins their "franchise" guy.  

Agreed.  The anchor of Trumaine's contract is nothing compared to Cousins.  Even worse for the Vikings, they'll never bench Cousins and will live in mediocrity with him.  I give the Jets credit for one thing....sitting Trumaine when he's underperforming.  Nobody in Minnesota has the balls to do that with Cousins.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

idgaf about the fffing vikings....

2 shcitt signings...  i still think our signing is worse....we made our team worse- Vikes...  they are getting the same QBing they had, but overpaying, we are overpaying for making our D significantly worse.

Well this thread is about the Kirk Cousins-led Vikings, so its odd that you would make a comparison between the two signings and then say you "don't give a f***" about the other team in the comparison. 

We get it, Trumaine Johnson is terrible.  I opposed the signing from the start.  He's a CB2 that only is effective as a press-coverage guy on a team with a pass rush.  We paid him to be a CB1 and do something he simply can't do.  At least we can get out of it on June 1, 2020.  The Vikings don't have that luxury with Cousins.  Since his contract is fully guaranteed they'll have to wait until after the 2020 season when his contract expires, and in the meantime will likely have late 1st round picks in the 2020 and 2021 drafts.  

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

@shevys and @FidelioJet, clearly butthurt at my pride and enjoyment of our organizations brilliance in dodging this bullet so perfectly in route the great place we are today.  \\:D/

There, now you two can buttfumble this post too.  You're welcome. ?

In my defense, I didn't buttfumble your post. I just didn't agree with the message or the tone, hence the down vote. 

• Upvote 2