Q Williams

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

The good thing about this coming draft, is that we will be able to have our pick at the best  Defensive Tackle available.

FYP.

Also, +1 to thread.  It's a very bad impression when you are "the best pick int he draft" and are a ghost to start your rookie campaign.  Is he really hurt so badly he cannot play?  Is he so soft that he needs to be babied until he is fully 100%, he cannot play at 90%  Or 95%? 

Then IR him and lets move on.  

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

Look I'm not going to rip this guy for being injured.  And saying he has to get back on the field. My prob with him is not making the team as a starter out of training camp. Considering his rep. He could end up being a good player but more of a situational player and a run stopper.  We don't expect him to be another McClendon (an average to good player) we drafted him as supposedly the best player in the draft to be a Pro Bowl NFLer.  We'll see he should have value. I tried watching him on the field and thought he has an upside. He's powerful enough to merit being double teamed. Williams might just be playing head games with him to get him to be impact. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Dumping on Quinnen after what, a single half?

The cynicism on the board has reached an all-time high me thinks.  It has gone from entertaining to anticipated and boring.

Dumping is well deserved #1 pick who has shown us nothing meanwhile others hate Jamal Adams arguable one of the best players on the team. 

Get on the field Quinnen and prove the doubters wrong. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I like Quinnen and he had good tape.

But his physical condition so poor, especially compared to the other guys drafted after him, that I just don't see how logically he could perform and survive as an NFL player.  

And Leonard is the other way around-he looks like he is training for movie roles.

The pick there was Ed Oliver.  Just an animal.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I never wanted the Jets to take yet another DT in the first round but the guy has been injured. Are people really piling on him because he was injured?

Exactly. If he was healthy and doing nothing, then that would be cause for concern. But he has played one healthy half of football this season.

Let the guy get healthy and play, then make your judgements based on that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don't know about Q, I think he's going to be better than he looks so far. But the Jets have consistently over the years with different GMs drafted high on D looking for pass rushers, etc and most guys selected have been way below expectations. I keep seeing Jerod Mayo who is now an NEP coach and remember how we took Gholston over him. And he became a very good player for NEP and Gholston a bust. 

• Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Regardless of injury, he’s soft. Looks soft, plays soft. Ridiculous pick on multiple levels. 

Only 1 single year of production too coming out of that stacked Alabama team.

Hey he was the Consensus pick and that’s who Maccagnan would ALWAYS select in the the 1st Rd to protect his job, after Rd 1 first 5 or so picks it gets much tougher.  Not to the tune of whiffing on almost EVERY pick over 5 Years like Maccagnan, that takes a special brand of pure idiot, that’s probably unprecedented in NFL history, but definitely tougher.

It would come as no surprise if Quinnen Williams busts, takes his $30Mill back down to Alabama and watches cartoons with a big cheerful smile.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

This ORG never draft game changing players or electric players with college production. Always safe players, no wonder our team sucks. We would die to have a Marcus Peters type player on defense. He will get beat occasionally, however. He also can get picks and return them back for TD's.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1