Q Williams

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I never wanted the Jets to take yet another DT in the first round but the guy has been injured. Are people really piling on him because he was injured?

I'm with you.  The jury is still out until we can get him on the field.  And, we better get used to him because he's on a 4-year deal and going nowhere.

I was rather loudly in the Josh Allen (OLB) camp in the Draft simply because I DO let need factor into the equation slightly, especially with players who grade out closely (which these two did IMO), but I'm onboard with Quinnen and hoping for the best.  I think he'll be really good once he gets on the field.  The bummer is that he's missing out on valuable reps as a rookie right now.

The bigger crime could turn out to be that the Jets find no way to monetize Leo Williams at the end of this year.  If they let him walk because they have a replacement-caliber guy in Quinnen then it will be disappointing that they didn't get at least something, like a 4th or 5th round pick, especially during a losing season when the Jets should be sellers in any trade market.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Vague injury to high profile pick is occasionally code for being further behind than the organization would like to admit. Could end up being a redshirt type of season for QWilliams.

Yep. Like getting underwear for Christmas. Sure you can probably and will use them at some point, but nobody runs upstairs to put them on before they ride their new bike. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Vague injury to high profile pick is occasionally code for being further behind than the organization would like to admit. Could end up being a redshirt type of season for QWilliams.

Or maybe they didn't want to risk their first round pick re-injuring his ankle when they have plenty of depth on the D-line. 

And by red-shirt season are you suggesting he gets IR'd without actually being hurt. I mean, what kind of nonsense are you talking about? QW will play against the Eagles and if he doesn't start he will get plenty of snaps. 

All the haters calling him soft need to chill out and realize this dude is a monster who has been manhandling veteran NFL O-linemen and is still only 21. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm with you.  The jury is still out until we can get him on the field.  And, we better get used to him because he's on a 4-year deal and going nowhere.

I was rather loudly in the Josh Allen (OLB) camp in the Draft simply because I DO let need factor into the equation slightly, especially with players who grade out closely (which these two did IMO), but I'm onboard with Quinnen and hoping for the best.  I think he'll be really good once he gets on the field.  The bummer is that he's missing out on valuable reps as a rookie right now.

The bigger crime could turn out to be that the Jets find no way to monetize Leo Williams at the end of this year.  If they let him walk because they have a replacement-caliber guy in Quinnen then it will be disappointing that they didn't get at least something, like a 4th or 5th round pick, especially during a losing season when the Jets should be sellers in any trade market.

I think if they let Leo walk he will still get a sizeable contract elsewhere and the Jets will end up with a decent comp pick. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Or maybe they didn't want to risk their first round pick re-injuring his ankle when they have plenty of depth on the D-line. 

And by red-shirt season are you suggesting he gets IR'd without actually being hurt. I mean, what kind of nonsense are you talking about? QW will play against the Eagles and if he doesn't start he will get plenty of snaps. 

All the haters calling him soft need to chill out and realize this dude is a monster who has been manhandling veteran NFL O-linemen and is still only 21. 

What exactly is the injury? Twisted ankle and out for a month? Ok.

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

You could go back 4 years or so and this is Leo Williams.  As some of us have said, we just picked leo williams  version 2 to replace leo williams version one

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Can this guy get on the field next week and show us something?  Ed Oliver and Dex Lawrence are thriving as rookie at the DT position and our guy is on the back of a milk carton 

maybe it's frustrating that he's not playing but he went out with a high ankle sprain and that could be more serious than one might think.  also, as i recall, it took some time before myles garrett was able to come on the field for the browns.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

This ORG never draft game changing players or electric players with college production. Always safe players, no wonder our team sucks. We would die to have a Marcus Peters type player on defense. He will get beat occasionally, however. He also can get picks and return them back for TD's.

It’s been on Mom and Pop organization since Hess bought the team.  Mostly incompetent people who cover for each other and will virtually always take the safe decision to protect their jobs.  The product on the field is should never a surprise.

35 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He's doing it as a joke he should be more concerned about getting on the field and who cares what you think.

Thats absolutely ridiculous.  No one has ever had their ankle injury rehabbed by wearing manly clothes.

Unless you have examples

Come on dude, this is beyond funny

And youre back to being the guy who cares about every response you get on a message board?

You care because you responded and gave you usual snippy response.  Whic will lead to accusations that I'm arguing.

Its a bad movie

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats absolutely ridiculous.  No one has ever had their ankle injury rehabbed by wearing manly clothes.

Unless you have examples

Come on dude, this is beyond funny

And youre back to being the guy who cares about every response you get on a message board?

You care because you responded and gave you usual snippy response.  Whic will lead to accusations that I'm arguing.

Its a bad movie

I mentioned the Quemes that he was making all while injured I presume. 

You didn't agree or like it, so here we are. 

• Upvote 1