Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

If the 3rd pick in the Nation is a defensive player he should not only be 1st on his team’s depth chart but he should be close to causing havoc on most plays.

When he plays we can discuss they whole wreaking havoc thing. Still I’m sorry I’m not impressed with a guy who didn’t even even have to earn his starting job and has 5 tackles in 4games.. but is suppose to be the closet thing to Aaron Donald. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let the kid play. Yikes.

He has created one turnover in his single half of play. How about we let him play another game and if he does that again, everyone can simmer down.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Let the kid play. Yikes.

He has created one turnover in his single half of play. How about we let him play another game and if he does that again, everyone can simmer down.

Even with my negative comments I still think he'll end up being a good player in this league......just not worthy of his draft slot. There's a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RobR said:

Even with my negative comments I still think he'll end up being a good player in this league......just not worthy of his draft slot. There's a difference. 

Lots of 20/20 hindsight on this messageboard

 

And I liked Josh Allen who was really the only other choice at 3

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

Agree completely. We don't draft Dogs. Aggressive players. I rather have aggressive one like Burfict than the Leonard WIlliams's.

Since when was "dogs" referred to as a good thing.   My whole life when you referred to an athlete as a dog it meaned they were lazy and they sucked....

Was it the stupid Jamal.adams interview after week 17 last year?  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the Quinnen Willliams bashers -  these guys didn’t want Josh Allen they wanted Jonah Williams in a trade down.  The Jonah who is currently on IR and will be plagued by shoulder issues during his mediocre career

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the draft again, every Jets fan would not of picked Q Williams. What’s with this team and drafting run stuffers In stupidly high draft position.

Given the modern NFL who needs a Defence away, with a competent Offence. They are a mear after thought. If you can’t score 3 TD’s a game average, your done in the NFL, no matter how good your D is.

Ref Buffalo V Pats..   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Hang in there and stay strong I hope things get better for you. 

Im recovering from major back surgery I am familiar with pain on a different level. 

You too have a great day and evening hopefully these bad times pass us both and we can someday enjoy a beer at a game. 

God Bless you and I truly mean that. 

Thank you so much, really appreciated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RobR said:

Even with my negative comments I still think he'll end up being a good player in this league......just not worthy of his draft slot. There's a difference. 

Exactly.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Since when was "dogs" referred to as a good thing.   My whole life when you referred to an athlete as a dog it meaned they were lazy and they sucked....

Was it the stupid Jamal.adams interview after week 17 last year?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You could go back 4 years or so and this is Leo Williams.  As some of us have said, we just picked leo williams  version 2 to replace leo williams version one

What. Are. You. Talking. About. Leo never missed a game. So right off the bat how is this leo. I mean, yes, they were both highly drafted versatile D-linemen. Right now, that's where the comparison ends. Could QW end up being a very similar player to Leo, sure. Will he? Probably not. They don;t even have the same body type. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Given the draft again, every Jets fan would not of picked Q Williams. What’s with this team and drafting run stuffers In stupidly high draft position.

Given the modern NFL who needs a Defence away, with a competent Offence. They are a mear after thought. If you can’t score 3 TD’s a game average, your done in the NFL, no matter how good your D is.

Ref Buffalo V Pats..   

Defense still wins big games. Defense wins championships. This was once again proved in last years superbowl.

You really can't win without both.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy is huge and I think he might end up being a good run stuffer. Not a pass rusher. I don't think he's Baby Huey. When on the field he's pretty mean. And was great at Alabama at least for one year he was. That's the problem drafting someone that high with only a short resume. Look off the field he is not an idiot or a nut. He's a good kid and some might think his casual attitude off the field is being soft. You can be mean on the field and a good guy off the field. I mean JJ Watt is a great guy off the field and not combative but on the field a ultra Pro Bowler. On the other hand that kind of money can make the toughest character a lover of mankind. You're no longer mad at the world when you have that kind of cash to back you up. You can take it easier. We'll see about him.  G. Williams could just being playing mind games to get him to be great. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Defense still wins big games. Defense wins championships. This was once again proved in last years superbowl.

You really can't win without both.  

Tom Brady is the best Defensive End ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Tom Brady is the best Defensive End ever.

Then why couldn't he stop the Eagles from scoring 41 points to win the 2018 SB? Oh, b/c he's a great QB and still relies on good defensive play to win big games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Then why couldn't he stop the Eagles from scoring 41 points to win the 2018 SB? Oh, b/c he's a great QB and still relies on good defensive play to win big games.  

 Contrary to what your narrative is, it’s pretty much accepted that the Quarterback is the single most important player in a team.

There seems be to one common thread to All The Pats Super Bowls and that’s #12.

In the last twenty years we’ve had Super Bowl Wins for:-

Tom Brady x6 FQB

Peyton Manning x2 FQB

Ben Roethlisberger x2 FQB

Eli Manning x2  None FQ  but SB MVP x2

Kurt Warner x1 FQB

Drew Brees x1 FQB

Aaron Rodgers x1 FQB

Russell Wilson x1 FQB

Nick Foles x1  None FQB But SB MVP

Joe Flacco x1 None FQB But SB MVP

Trent Dilfer x1 Defence Won the game.

Brad Johnson x1 Defence Won the game.

So in the last 20 years, Quarterback lead play has Won 18 of the last 20 Superbowls.

In that 20 year span, 14 Super Bowls were won by Franchise QB’s. Plus the none FQB’s accounted for 4 MVP performances, in their Wins. Only two Super Bowls have been won purely with the Defence.

I think this pretty much shows that an Elite QB, is worth more than any other position in football.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 10:45 AM, Rangers9 said:

Look I'm not going to rip this guy for being injured.  And saying he has to get back on the field. My prob with him is not making the team as a starter out of training camp. Considering his rep. He could end up being a good player but more of a situational player and a run stopper.  We don't expect him to be another McClendon (an average to good player) we drafted him as supposedly the best player in the draft to be a Pro Bowl NFLer.  We'll see he should have value. I tried watching him on the field and thought he has an upside. He's powerful enough to merit being double teamed. Williams might just be playing head games with him to get him to be impact. 

I think they respect McClendon as a vet presence and leader enough that they did not want to replace him flat out. i expected that to happen around week 8 before the injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rammagen said:

I think they respect McClendon as a vet presence and leader enough that they did not want to replace him flat out. i expected that to happen around week 8 before the injury

The thing is this guy was the top rated D player if not player in the entire draft. And you would expect him to start and McClendon take the role of being a backup not the other way around. McClendon is a good player but Q is supposed to be Pro Bowl. But you make a good point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Q is supposed to be Pro Bowl.

go back, look at #3 picks taken and how many are perennial pro-bowlers.....    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The thing is this guy was the top rated D player if not player in the entire draft. And you would expect him to start and McClendon take the role of being a backup not the other way around. McClendon is a good player but Q is supposed to be Pro Bowl. But you make a good point. 

I get you and agree if you draft a player that high you want him playing and get the return on the value of the draft pick. Otherwise you kind of wasted the pick

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

 Contrary to what your narrative is, it’s pretty much accepted that the Quarterback is the single most important player in a team.

There seems be to one common thread to All The Pats Super Bowls and that’s #12.

In the last twenty years we’ve had Super Bowl Wins for:-

Tom Brady x6 FQB

Peyton Manning x2 FQB

Ben Roethlisberger x2 FQB

Eli Manning x2  None FQ  but SB MVP x2

Kurt Warner x1 FQB

Drew Brees x1 FQB

Aaron Rodgers x1 FQB

Russell Wilson x1 FQB

Nick Foles x1  None FQB But SB MVP

Joe Flacco x1 None FQB But SB MVP

Trent Dilfer x1 Defence Won the game.

Brad Johnson x1 Defence Won the game.

So in the last 20 years, Quarterback lead play has Won 18 of the last 20 Superbowls.

In that 20 year span, 14 Super Bowls were won by Franchise QB’s. Plus the none FQB’s accounted for 4 MVP performances, in their Wins. Only two Super Bowls have been won purely with the Defence.

I think this pretty much shows that an Elite QB, is worth more than any other position in football.

You said Tom Brady is the best Defensive End ever. 

All I'm saying to that comment is that you need more than great QB play to win a SB. And a QB can't go out there and stop the opposing team when it matters. Just like the Golden Boy couldn't when it came to stopping the Eagles. I'm not arguing against having an elite QB- that would be moronic. I'm saying the notion that defense doesn't matter as long as you have a good offense is simply untrue. 

In fact, ALL of those teams had great defense. Some of them had prolific defenses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

 

 

You said Tom Brady is the best Defensive End ever. 

All I'm saying to that comment is that you need more than great QB play to win a SB. And a QB can't go out there and stop the opposing team when it matters. Just like the Golden Boy couldn't when it came to stopping the Eagles. I'm not arguing against having an elite QB- that would be moronic. I'm saying the notion that defense doesn't matter as long as you have a good offense is simply untrue. 

You Win Super Bowls with great offensive in the modern NFL. Not great defence, and mostly because the league wanted the hits out of the game for legal reasons.

Spending your resources on D is a fools erand in the modern NFL. You can Win with a great Offence now. Defence is just a supplement to it. We are playing glorified flag football. Build the Oline, skill positions then go D. 

The Defence will become even more diminished. Over time as the rules keep going in favour of the offence. I don’t like it but it’s the way it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 11:52 AM, FidelioJet said:

The pick there was to trade down and draft offense.

Said this a million times.  Only to be bombarded by all the truthers here who "know" that a fair trade "couldn't" be had.  LOL.  I just guess it is too painful to admit that a trade probably could have been made but Mac just had to pick "BPA" (even when the player is not.)  All of the geniuses here who claim that there were no takers have no idea and are only surmising.  It's just as likely the Jets were stubborn and wouldn't take anything below "chart" value (Mac, you know).  

Time to move on.  But not trading down was a terrible mistake.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Said this a million times.  Only to be bombarded by all the truthers here who "know" that a fair trade "couldn't" be had.  LOL.  I just guess it is too painful to admit that a trade probably could have been made but Mac just had to pick "BPA" (even when the player is not.)  All of the geniuses here who claim that there were no takers have no idea and are only surmising.  It's just as likely the Jets were stubborn and wouldn't take anything below "chart" value (Mac, you know).  

Time to move on.  But not trading down was a terrible mistake.

There was a trade down - 7 picks later...which would have certainly been better at 3.   Of course we could have traded down.

What does "Fair" trade value even mean - I mean, what really was another DT worth?  Trading down and picking up a OL and a WR.  Right now the Jets would be a better team.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 1:58 PM, joewilly12 said:

Josh Allen should have been the pick or OL, CB, #1 WR players that would have been helping us win some games. 

I wanted to trade down for extra picks and draft Bradbury the C.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 12:28 PM, Jet Nut said:

Oliver is thriving?  

2 tackles, no sacks?

Leonard Williams numbers!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Allen has been pure meh for jax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Josh Allen has been pure meh for jax

2 sacks and 12 tackles in 4 games is meh?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

You Win Super Bowls with great offensive in the modern NFL. Not great defence, and mostly because the league wanted the hits out of the game for legal reasons.

Spending your resources on D is a fools erand in the modern NFL. You can Win with a great Offence now. Defence is just a supplement to it. We are playing glorified flag football. Build the Oline, skill positions then go D. 

The Defence will become even more diminished. Over time as the rules keep going in favour of the offence. I don’t like it but it’s the way it is.

The broncos won a super bowl with a great defense and washed up Peyton Manning who couldn’t throw just a couple years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 10:36 AM, BurnleyJet said:

 Contrary to what your narrative is, it’s pretty much accepted that the Quarterback is the single most important player in a team.

There seems be to one common thread to All The Pats Super Bowls and that’s #12.

In the last twenty years we’ve had Super Bowl Wins for:-

Tom Brady x6 FQB

Peyton Manning x2 FQB

Ben Roethlisberger x2 FQB

Eli Manning x2  None FQ  but SB MVP x2

Kurt Warner x1 FQB

Drew Brees x1 FQB

Aaron Rodgers x1 FQB

Russell Wilson x1 FQB

Nick Foles x1  None FQB But SB MVP

Joe Flacco x1 None FQB But SB MVP

Trent Dilfer x1 Defence Won the game.

Brad Johnson x1 Defence Won the game.

So in the last 20 years, Quarterback lead play has Won 18 of the last 20 Superbowls.

In that 20 year span, 14 Super Bowls were won by Franchise QB’s. Plus the none FQB’s accounted for 4 MVP performances, in their Wins. Only two Super Bowls have been won purely with the Defence.

I think this pretty much shows that an Elite QB, is worth more than any other position in football.

Spot on.  I'll go further....No bad QB has ever won a Super Bowl and as you stated, only 3 Average ones have ever done so (Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Flacco).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

2 sacks and 12 tackles in 4 games is meh?

That's a decent pace for a rookie season.  8 sacks and 48 tackles isn't bad.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The broncos won a super bowl with a great defense and washed up Peyton Manning who couldn’t throw just a couple years ago

Sure, but that's clearly the exception, not the rule. 

It's very hard to win a Superbowl without above average QB play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's a decent pace for a rookie season.  8 sacks and 48 tackles isn't bad.

wacth the games and you'll see what i am saying...  i saw one sack...  guy held onto the ball for like 6 secs eventually ran over to his side of teh field where the OL who stood him up for 5 secs thought the play was over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...