Who Will Be Gone 2020

Adoni Beast

My gut tells me that as a general matter we are not going to cut the OL that are still under cheapish contracts.  How many guys can we replace in one off season?  

Avery, Quincy and Trumaine are all gone.  Robby could be back if he is reasonable.  

The key to the off season is a trade.  Either the Jets trade their pick for more picks, or trade Darnold for picks and take another QB high.  But they need to do what the Colts did-if Douglas can draft like Ballard drafted with extra high picks, the Jets can turn it around relatively quickly.  But just relying on the 3 top picks next year for new starters is not going to work.  

10 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I have no sympathy for the players, coaches, and owners who make millions while we, the paying die hard sufferers, have to endure the crap they purvey on a yearly basis. Being a fan of the Jets is like living on a steady diet of McDonalds and Spam. You know what product you are buying / getting, and the quality will never change.

When was he last time you went to a game?

• Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, varjet said:
  • People thought 2019 was a Playoff Roster.  I did not.
  • People thought the Jets could compete in 2020. I did.  I do not anymore.
  • It will be 2021 before the Jets are remotely decent.  

This is what happens when you keep changing systems every year bc you don’t find the right coaches.  Even though those coaches are coming in without the necessary players to make their system work..  then they jettison good players that don’t fit and leave teams bereft of talent once they’re gone.  It’s a vicious cycle that keeps bad teams in the dumpster forever.

At a fundamental level, this is a management problem.  You have to identify the right fit and stick with them for the long haul.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hael said:

This is what happens when you keep changing systems every year bc you don’t find the right coaches.  Even though those coaches are coming in without the necessary players to make their system work..  then they jettison good players that don’t fit and leave teams bereft of talent once they’re gone.  It’s a vicious cycle that keeps bad teams in the dumpster forever.

At a fundamental level, this is a management problem.  You have to identify the right fit and stick with them for the long haul.

Basically players win games, coach’s manage the players. Great Coaching gets an extra 10% out of players.

Our very basic fundamental problem is, we Drafted crap for over a decade.

Zero impact players drafted. The last one was 2007 in Revi$. The year before was also good with Ferguson and Mangold. Since then jack sh*t. We have the worst drafting record in the NFL bar none and that why we are in the situation we are in.

It’s a total rebuild, so I expect players traded for picks when we are 0-6 or 0-7.

Douglas needs something to play with!

• Upvote 1

And I said this before, fans have no place to direct their anger. Unless you can contact the injury gods. 

BS ... Injury gods just ignore the Boston area altogether ???? For 19 out of 20 years ???? 

If you know it's going to rain you bring a goddam umbrella ... If know the plane is going to crash you strap on a parachute ... If you are going to cross an ocean ..you pack a life vest ... If your are going to put out a forest fire you bring water ...

Injuries are and always have been part of the goddam game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1