Darnold not cleared for contact

shuler82

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

it didn't exactly help 

here's my question at what point did Sam Darnold's getting mono become an Act of God? 

the guy did something, whether it was eat at a bad restaurant or other bad mouth choices. 

every other QB in the league has a wife / high priced sex worker both of which test clean monthly 

every other QB has a chef and a nutritionist even if he got it from a drinking glass (hah!) his choices have consequences 

they put his name on the new jersey and sold a bunch this preseason 

he's the key employee of a 3 billion dollar organization 

no excuses no time for losers

and I don't care that he's 22 either 

dear Sam, you've missed major time last 2 seasons. stop making out with sweat hogs

salvage your career. Love the last remaining Jets fans 

maybe he was just following your orders and got mono?

>>>Love the last remaining Jets fans 

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Well if Sam as a rough start to his return? The die may be cast, because the crowd are going to get on him real fast.

It would be so Jetsy of fans to watch Sam Darnold come back at 0-4 in a home game against the Cowboys and boo him off the field when he throws two incompletions to start the game.

Just let me know if i need to wait until the 2nd Quarter or 3rd before I get the TU-A....TU-A...chant going!

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

A fractured, wayward rib can poke a hole through a lung, the heart, the aorta, the spine.  Sharp pointy things can do that when met with brute force.

A spleen is a mushy thing, like a wet sponge.  Or like liver.  Ever eat liver?  Can't puncture tin foil let alone a body organ.

SAR I

Also, having broken three ribs I can attest that broken ribs are EXTREMELY painful.  They dig into surrounding tissue like a knife every time you move or even sneeze.  Mono can sap your energy but Sam is saying that he feels well enough to play.  If the swelling is down, let him play.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It would be so Jetsy of fans to watch Sam Darnold come back at 0-4 in a home game against the Cowboys and boo him off the field when he throws two incompletions to start the game.

Just let me know if i need to wait until the 2nd Quarter or 3rd before I get the TU-A....TU-A...chant going!

You know it’s going happen..

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Already predicting failure??  How about sam says hes ready to go.  He knows his body best.  And the eagles secondary is the worst in football.  Sam will light them up, win the game and come home cheered a hero for dallas.

Its funny, the darnold lovers on this site always have excuses and predict bad things.  Very strange.

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Already predicting failure??  How about sam says hes ready to go.  He knows his body best.  And the eagles secondary is the worst in football.  Sam will light them up, win the game and come home cheered a hero for dallas.

Its funny, the darnold lovers on this site always have excuses and predict bad things.  Very strange.

As you know, the boy will likely be rusty (mechanics) and out of shape (muscle weakness), he'll need the gap between the Philadelphia and Dallas games to get back into proper condition after loafing on a couch for 3 weeks.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

A fractured, wayward rib can poke a hole through a lung, the heart, the aorta, the spine.  Sharp pointy things can do that when met with brute force.

A spleen is a mushy thing, like a wet sponge.  Or like liver.  Ever eat liver?  Can't puncture tin foil let alone a body organ.

SAR I

When a spleen ruptures it can bleed vigorously and patient can  die from acute blood loss if not  taken quickly to surgery. The pain is not always as intense as a broken rib and may be ignored until too late. I’d rather take my chances with a broken rib. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

and it's funny that a QB expert like yourself would continue to post here.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

it didn't exactly help 

here's my question at what point did Sam Darnold's getting mono become an Act of God? 

the guy did something, whether it was eat at a bad restaurant or other bad mouth choices. 

every other QB in the league has a wife / high priced sex worker both of which test clean monthly 

every other QB has a chef and a nutritionist even if he got it from a drinking glass (hah!) his choices have consequences 

they put his name on the new jersey and sold a bunch this preseason 

he's the key employee of a 3 billion dollar organization 

no excuses no time for losers

and I don't care that he's 22 either 

dear Sam, you've missed major time last 2 seasons. stop making out with sweat hogs

salvage your career. Love the last remaining Jets fans 

You're my blaming the kid for getting mono?

He should be more careful, or better yet get married?  

You do realize you can catch it a number of ways which aren't mout to mouth?

Best line of all, a high priced call girl would prevent it because they're tested?  LOL

He caught mono, move on without sounding, well, you know like Joe W Namath

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As you know, the boy will likely be rusty (mechanics) and out of shape (muscle weakness), he'll need the gap between the Philadelphia and Dallas games to get back into proper condition after loafing on a couch for 3 weeks.

SAR I

I saw vinny come off the couch eating doritos on a monday and win us s game on sunday at 43 years old.  Darnold is 22 and if he says hes ready, he is ready.  He has all week to practice and he will have the rust out after the first few drives.

There are no more excuses.  This eagles secondary is swiss cheese.  If darnold plays, he lights them up.

19 hours ago, ryu79 said:

I'm just happy Sam is cleared to throw again. One step at a time, even if he can't play Sunday, he will prob be back on the sideline getting mental reps -which was super useful for him a year ago. 

Throw yes. But will he ever be cleared to kiss again?

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I saw vinny come off the couch eating doritos on a monday and win us s game on sunday at 43 years old.  Darnold is 22 and if he says hes ready, he is ready.  He has all week to practice and he will have the rust out after the first few drives.

There are no more excuses.  This eagles secondary is swiss cheese.  If darnold plays, he lights them up.

I hope so.  But Sam has a disease.  Very different situation.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Best line of all, a high priced call girl would prevent it because they're tested?  LOL

Nope. Nothing could possibly have been done. Act of god. I mean if you think about it we're basically 3-0.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Emmentaler,..... prolly.

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Nope. Nothing could possibly have been done. Act of god. I mean if you think about it we're basically 3-0.

Jets would be 2-1 right now if Darnold and Mosley didn't have illness/injury ruin the first quarter of our season.  And that's with this supposedly awful OL and mediocre WR's and a RB stuck in the mud.

Once Sam and CJ get back, things start to turn around.  And then we go on a nice run in the middle of the season.  And then we're sitting at 7-6 with 3 to go and we'll see what happens.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Where did you see that word?

Around the Jets building. 

It’s been killing Sam to be away, I can see this being another boost like last year when he was away, comes back and rips it.

There’s a lot of confusion. Gase said he’s medically cleared. But I think they wanna see if he’s up to speed and not playing and moving at like 70%. Again, Sam said he is but it’s really not up to him  

But the way Sam is talking, I feel like if they can win big when he comes back that’ll get us on a nice run. We’ll see. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Around the Jets building. 

It’s been killing Sam to be away, I can see this being another boost like last year when he was away, comes back and rips it.

There’s a lot of confusion. Gase said he’s medically cleared. But I think they wanna see if he’s up to speed and not playing and moving at like 70%. Again, Sam said he is but it’s really not up to him  

But the way Sam is talking, I feel like if they can win big when he comes back that’ll get us on a nice run. We’ll see. 

There you go!!!  You’re not lining up excuses for Darnold.  

Love this post.  If Darnold says hes ready, play the man.  Hes got 3 full days of practice starting tomorrow.  Plenty of time to get back in rhythm with his guys.

If Darnold plays he will shred this miserable eagles secondary.  

The Delusional Homer Club needs to come back home as they have morphed into the Delusional Excuse Club.  Never seen a bigger bunch of phonies.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Don’t be hard on the kid, he is only 16,