Darnold not cleared for contact

shuler82

1 hour ago, freestater said:

That's not even what I'm talking about. That's your assumption. I was excited for Darnolds development. What he looked like in (what I thought would be) a more imaginative offense. To see him utilize his shiny new toys in Bell and Crowder. I never thought we were playoff bound or making a superbowl run. I thought 8-8 was a fair, if somewhat optimistic, prediction. I wanted to see a competitive team. Unlike what we've had the last five frickin years. Now all of that's derailed. By freaking mono. 

But you knew that. 

You said season Darnold’s season. I was just going by your choice of words. Maybe be more specific next time.

Also you got a glimpse of the season in week 1. What about week 1 was encouraging to you? It would likely have been more of the same if Darnold was healthy. He’s still not healthy. This team is going to Andrew Luck the poor kid. 

8 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

We get it. It’s 100% Sam’s fault he got mono because he’s a soft selfish  entitled  man whore from USC.  And not because mono is spread essentially just like every other airborne disease. 

Not to mention that some 95% of the population contracts the virus that leads to mono by the time they turn 35. Sam should have just locked himself in a bubble like all real serious NFL QBs do and avoided human contact and the outside world entirely until he retired. Or maybe built himself a time machine during his two weeks away from the team and forced younger Sam to make out with as many chicks, drink from as many used cups, and pick up as many dirty children’s toys as possible so he would contract the virus earlier.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ask yourself what things might have been like if we never dabbled with Tebow, never drafted Geno, never got Mark hurt, and got a decent OC not named Sporano in here.  There is a very high likelihood that we make the playoffs a few more times, maybe get lucky like we did in '09 and '10 again

SAR I

No chance.

Sanchez got exposed once the talent around him dwindled.

The 09/10 teams had one of the best offensive lines and one of the best defenses in the sport. We ran the ball more than any team in the league over that 2 year stretch. 

The only thing that could have prolonged our success with Sanchez would have been to draft better after 2008 and to stick to a run first offense 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You said season Darnold’s season. I was just going by your choice of words. Maybe be more specific next time.

Also you got a glimpse of the season in week 1. What about week 1 was encouraging to you? It would likely have been more of the same if Darnold was healthy. He’s still not healthy. This team is going to Andrew Luck the poor kid. 

I don't need to be more specific. You need to stop making extrapolations unwarranted by what I wrote. You think we'd be trotting out onto the field with the loss already tallied for our HC like we are right now, with Darnold healthy? 

Week 1 did encourage me. The things wrong with offense were hardly Sam's fault. He managed the best so far against a tough Bills defense that made Tom Brady look pedestrian. Without kicker problems, he probably beats them. 

This team is marking time until Sam is back. Yes, that disappoints me. I like looking forward to Jets games, not looking forward to what other starters we keep out of games because the new coach doesn't want to waste guys or their health on games he knows were not winning. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2019 at 12:40 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

Good. Keep him out

Honestly, I think they should keep him out? This OL is just so bad right now that it would be beyond psychotic to put him out there and risk the entire franchise. Because that's a fact. Sammy IS the franchise. He's the only hope that Jets fans have.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

Remember when Bryan Thomas wasted like his whole rookie season because he was eating McDonald's everyday? 

Like the dude ran a 4.4 at 255 at the combine goes first round, but didn't know how to cook and 6 months later he's living in a bachelor pad full of garbage and has like a vitamin deficiency? 

that's 10 x better and smarter than what Sam Darnold did to this season. 

Bryan Thomas was a rookie from Alabama Birmingham... supposed to be 3rd down pass rusher behind Abe and Ellis.

Everyone was relying on second year Sam Darnold, smart USC possible franchise qb 

he got hurt last year and threw a million picks before having 1 good month (a total of 3 maybe 4 good games all year)

this year he's got like a QB rating of 38 and an enlarged spleen. Daniel Jones is legit looking like a better option. 

this is the guy we have to give 100 million dollars to in 3 years? 

not a rhetorical question 

Lol. Jesus...

• Haha 2

Randy Lange reported Sam Darnolds effort at practice today caught the eye of robby anderson and jameison crowder.

“I thought he looked pretty good.” Crowder noted.

Anderson addrd, “He looks like hes good. Hes confident”.

Thats all you need to know ladies and gentleman.  Darnold looks great out there and its only Wenesday.  He still has 2 more full days of practice and a full rest day on saturday.

There is no doubt sam darnold is playing on sunday.  I fully expect 300 yards and 3 tds against the pathetic eagles secondary.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Randy Lange reported Sam Darnolds effort at practice today caught the eye of robby anderson and jameison crowder.

Thats all you need to know ladies and gentleman.  Darnold looks great out there and its only Wenesday.  He still has 2 more full days of practice and a full rest day on saturday.

There is no doubt sam darnold is playing on sunday.  I fully expect 300 yards and 3 tds against the pathetic eagles secondary.

655262DF-DA99-4447-AA50-55A745016AB9.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I would cry of happiness and relief 

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Remember when Bryan Thomas wasted like his whole rookie season because he was eating McDonald's everyday? 

Like the dude ran a 4.4 at 255 at the combine goes first round, but didn't know how to cook and 6 months later he's living in a bachelor pad full of garbage and has like a vitamin deficiency? 

Bryan Thomas was a rookie from Alabama Birmingham... supposed to be 3rd down pass rusher behind Abe and Ellis.

Everyone was relying on second year Sam Darnold, smart USC possible franchise qb 

he got hurt last year and threw a million picks before having 1 good month (a total of 3 maybe 4 good games all year)

this year he's got like a QB rating of 38 and an enlarged spleen. Daniel Jones is legit looking like a better option. 

I get it now. This is truly amazing T0mShane mimicry. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

Sam Darnold caught an easily communicable disease at a very unfortunate time.  I don't see that being his fault.

Sorry man, but your post reads like some 16 year old Giants fan logged into your account and started typing crap.

47 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If we win one of the next three games I will f-ck a hamster

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Quoted just in case.

WTF, fellas. We're in the middle of a Mono epidemic here, and you guys are talking about f**king hamsters?   [-X

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

goodfellas funny guy GIF

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Be advised I’m going to hold you to this prediction if it doesn’t come true.

And don’t give me this “he was rusty he was sick” excuse crap.  You said “no doubt” and that’s absolute, homer.

SAR I

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Be advised I’m going to hold you to this prediction if it doesn’t come true.

And don’t give me this “he was rusty he was sick” excuse crap.  You said “no doubt” and that’s absolute, homer.

SAR I

I wont make excuses.  If it doesnt happen, darnold/gase was a bust.  They have had 2 weeks to prepare for this awful secondary.  If it doesnt happen, there will be no excuses.  It will be because gase and darnold stink.

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Sam Darnold caught an easily communicable disease at a very unfortunate time.  I don't see that being his fault. 

It's easily communicable if you are acting like an a-hole 

fans don't want to blame Sam for anything 

because if we actually judge 14 by his actions or his play so far,  instead of what we think/hope/pray he can be 

that's not fun at all 

19 hours ago, shuler82 said:

We get it. It’s 100% Sam’s fault he got mono because he’s a soft selfish  entitled  man whore from USC.  And not because mono is spread essentially just like every other airborne disease. 

through the air (a cough or sneeze) mono is not all that contagious... it's not like measles or even the common cold 

though saliva it's VERY Contagious 

Look i don't care if he got it because of Bad luck and leprechauns

there's no excuse for a non football injury to the Franchise QB 

NONE  

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

through the air (a cough or sneeze) mono is not all that contagious... it's not like measles or even the common cold 

though saliva it's VERY Contagious 

Look i don't care if he got it because of Bad luck and leprechauns

there's no excuse for a non football injury to the Franchise QB 

NONE  

Shut up, move on. 

• Upvote 2