Beningo thinks Jets should tank for Tua

Rhg1084

Its a legitimate thought.  Sam has proved nothing at this point(granted he hasnt played much).  We should still have a solid 10 games to judge Sam on this year.  But nothing he has done up to this point suggest he will be a good or even great qb.

If sam has a mediocre year and if tua is a cant miss superstar, you most definately pull the trigger.

• Upvote 10
  • Thumb Down 9
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

And this is a prime example of why Benigno has always been a clown.

If the Jets end up with a Top 5 pick and don’t trade down, then it’s either Jerry Jeudy or Andrew Thomas.

They will likely have to be top 2 to get him, but Chase Young would be the player. Between 3-5 I wouldn't hate Thomas, Tristan Wirfs or Jeff Okudah.

Just now, More Cowbell said:

My thought is Joe is trying to push Jet fans buttons. 

Why would this push anyone’s buttons?  Its an idea that he thinks we should follow.  If tua is the next pat mahomes, then its definately worth debating if we start out 0-6 or 0-7 this year.

Why do posters on this board have to call joe imbecile, idiot etc.  Its really strange that poster get irate over one mans suggestion.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

If they start 0-6, sure.   It's not really tanking then.   However, I am not sold at all on Tua, he's hard to judge, he almost never plays against real defenses.

BUT    Tank for Tua, and trade the pick for 3 first rounders, or 2 first rounders, and 2 second rounders, something like that, so you can actually accumulate some talent to put around Darnold.

That would be the most ideal situation.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its a legitimate thought.  Sam has proved nothing at this point(granted he hasnt played much).  We should still have a solid 10 games to judge Sam on this year.  But nothing he has done up to this point suggest he will be a good or even great qb.

If sam has a mediocre year and if tua is a cant miss superstar, you most definately pull the trigger.

Does such a creature actually exist in college FB ?

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Thoughts? Even if you're not sold on Darnold, he hasn't done anything to make you give up on him yet. Only a fool or a troll would consider tanking a season for the purpose of drafting a potential franchise QB when you already have a 2nd year potential franchise QB on the roster. 

I think Beningo is a troll just like the OP. If not a troll, there is another option.

He had a rough rookie season, got held out a few games, and finished very well.   What else do people want?   Hurt or not, I think sitting him for a few weeks was the best thing that could have happened to him.

This year, he got sick.   It's not a fitness thing.   It's not a drunken/drug thing.   He got a viral infection.   That's it. 

And before everyone piles on to "Tank for Tua", 2 years ago it was "Suck for Sam"

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I just fear that our roster is in such bad shape it will take 2-3 GREAT drafts to get us to a competitive level - so we must be realistic and understand that we are wasting Sam's career by keeping him.  If the Jets ended up with the #1 pick in the 2020 draft you have two choices - trade the #1 pick for a haul or trade Darnold for a haul.  Given, as we look forward to 2020, we desperately need 4-5 OL, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 Edge and 2 CBs - thats 19 holes to fill!  We could keep Sam and rise to the ranks of mediocrity, maybe even a wild card birth - however our roster is so obscenely void of NFL talent we would be foolish to think Sam would take us to the Super Bowl anytime soon regardless of how talented he is.  Then if we keep Sam and we peak at "decent" or "competitive"  why would Sam re-up here?  Then you end up losing him in two years for nothing and we are back to square one.  Personally I believe Same will become a top 5 QB in this league some day and quite possibly the best from the 2019 class - nevertheless you just dont keep him hostage while try to figure out the rest of the roster.

If we are 0-7 by the time the trade deadline rolls around, wouldn't be wise to deal away Robby Anderson, Le'veon Bell, Jamaal Adams and Leo Williams for picks?   Then before the draft ship Darnold to the Cowboys, Rams or Bears for a haul of future picks (say the 2020 #1, #2 and #4 the 2021 #2 and #3).  

This roster is pathetic and needs a complete overhaul....for anyone who doubts this please share with me what is this team's strength?  What do we do well?  answer NOTHING.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why would this push anyone’s buttons?  Its an idea that he thinks we should follow.  If tua is the next pat mahomes, then its definately worth debating if we start out 0-6 or 0-7 this year.

Why do posters on this board have to call joe imbecile, idiot etc.  Its really strange that poster get irate over one mans suggestion.

Because this is what the media does. They stir the pot. If JD trades Darnold for Tua, I would have to really question his qualifications.  Darnold is not Josh Rosen. Darnold showed significant  progress at the end of last season and has not played a game this season where he was totally healthy  but even then made a remarkable 2 point conversion play. Darnold has shown he can throw on the run, he has better than average accuracy,  he sees the field at an NFL level and has pocket presence. All we know about Tua is he is an excellent college QB. A lot of people thought Jeff George and Ryan Leaf were can't  miss QB's. Tua might be the next Mega bust. Sam also could have been o E but it isn't  looking that way. You don't  dump a QB like Darnold for an unknown. 

He’s such a wishy washy dope!!

He’ll make an emphatic statement and speak with great conviction about some random ridiculous point- then once Evan makes his counterpoint - he will always be “ true true - that’s true. 

That happens like five or six times a day. 

He has zero credibility and and is a complete joke. 

Just retire already you freakin dinosaur.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, FireTheJohnsons said:

Thats cool, but, do you tank for a QB when you just drafted one high? To me, you only do that if you are sold Sam is not the guy. At some point, you have to try to devleop the QB's you draft, rather than constantly tanking for new ones.

Sam has to get on the field. If his season is already lost and he’s not back within the next few weeks or so, the Jets would be silly to not at least kick around the idea of taking another. He missed time last year too.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Because it's a stupid idea. 

I would bet they discussed the possibility is available, would bet he never said they should do it.