I question that CJ Mosley is a good leader

Here me out and let me explain. Week 1 he balls out and gets hurt. On the sideline during the buffalo game he never rallied his defense ok. Sam Darnold gets mono and is itching to come back for weeks to help the team. CJ how bad is this groin pull? I understand taking precaution but he already is sounding like he’s giving up on the season. Where is the culture change. I’ve seen team after an 0-3 start rally and make effort to make something for the season. Do you get that from Mosley? He’s a great player but I’m not seeing the leadership. All is see is smiles on the sidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 23
  • Haha 2

Why do so many people think you have to have some kind of rah-rah, Ray Lewis-esque intensity to be a leader?
All I know is that the defense was playing lights out with Mosley calling the shots. Meanwhile Jamal Adams, who everyone considers some sort of awesome, “fiery”, “intense” leader of men, couldn't stop the bleeding. 

Im saying not to be a rah rah kinda guy. I’m saying talk to the players look engaged to try and figure out the problem.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He's a good leader and he's a good football player but he is an ILB a non premium position and if we want to talk about face palming, I do that when people relate the jets blowing a 16-0 lead vs Buffalo with an ilb going out of the game.

Still pushing this nonsense 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

Just for context, groin pulls are some of the hardest to heal and one of the easiest to re-injure.  Also if the injury is exasperated further, it puts someone in greater peril for injuries such as sports hernias.  

I tore my groin a few years back during a practice and it took me months to recover properly.  Now i have no doubt that CJ's injury will take far less time to come back from, its still a very tricky injury to heal.  I would give it the extra week to be cautious, then next week have him, sam, DT, herndon all come back together. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Jets4realz said:

Im saying not to be a rah rah kinda guy. I’m saying talk to the players look engaged to try and figure out the problem.

Newbie, do yourself a favor and ignore the haters a plenty here on JN. We are all allowed to express our opinions. I agree with you in a sense that most of, if not all of these players are prima donnas, self entitled, and spoiled. If they got paid based on performance and production like the other 99% of the working stiffs in this Country (myself included), they would be singing a very different tune then they do presently. As far as Moseley in particular, not sure of what to make of him just yet. The fist 10 minutes of his Jet career was outstanding. The rest, well there is no rest LOL. To be seen I suppose.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jets4realz said:

Here me out and let me explain. Week 1 he balls out and gets hurt. On the sideline during the buffalo game he never rallied his defense ok. Sam Darnold gets mono and is itching to come back for weeks to help the team. CJ how bad is this groin pull? I understand taking precaution but he already is sounding like he’s giving up on the season. Where is the culture change. I’ve seen team after an 0-3 start rally and make effort to make something for the season. Do you get that from Mosley? He’s a great player but I’m not seeing the leadership. All is see is smiles on the sidelines.

You don't need to be loud to be a good leader.

In fact, the opposite can often be the case.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jets4realz said:

But he has a "Leader" pin on his sleeve.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:07 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Hanstrings and groins take forever to heal.  If you comeback to soon you reinjure it and it keeps lingering all year.

With this type of injury you wait till you are 100% then wait another week just to make sure.

Hes still probably 2 or 3 weeks away.

Says who? 

On 10/1/2019 at 12:56 PM, Jets4realz said:

DUMB

• Upvote 1