I question that CJ Mosley is a good leader

On 10/1/2019 at 12:06 PM, Beerfish said:

He's a good leader and he's a good football player but he is an ILB a non premium position and if we want to talk about face palming, I do that when people relate the jets blowing a 16-0 lead vs Buffalo with an ilb going out of the game.

CJ was all over that Buffalo offense. Game changed when he got hurt. And it stayed that way so far.

I mean, I’m just connecting the dots here. CJ is a top 3 ILB in the game. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Yeah they don’t get the fancy sack stats but at the same time, OLBs don’t grind out tackles either. We said the same thing about DTs when we let Snacks walk. His effect was immediately felt. 

CJ is the glue to keep this D together. Can’t say it any other way. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

CJ was all over that Buffalo offense. Game changed when he got hurt. And it stayed that way so far.

I mean, I’m just connecting the dots here. CJ is a top 3 ILB in the game. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Yeah they don’t get the fancy sack stats but at the same time, OLBs don’t grind out tackles either. We said the same thing about DTs when we let Snacks walk. His effect was immediately felt. 

NO, ITS ALL ABOUT SACKS

Sacks are easy to see.  All the nonsense you saw, that people who know the game see are just too hard to appreciate.  SACKS!!!!!!

In this bizarro Jet world Mike SIngletary, Sam Mills, Junior Seau, Dick Butkus, Ray Lewis, Jack Lambert, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacker etc were all insignificant somehow being on the inside

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I love Mosley.  Best player on our D.  He should be well rested going into this season and his groin should be fully healed.  I expect beast mode under the new staff.  

I don’t think most people realize what a huge difference this will make. Prolly because that fool played almost one game in two years for us. But damn, what a game he played. If healthy and motivated guy is a true impact player on D. Mr. Saleh? “ Get it done!” 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, doitny said:

i would have to see more than 30 mins of him.

Bell sat a year and came back not as good as he was. this guy will be out 2 years. god only knows what kind of player he is now

Bell was an overworked RB. Mosley is an LB yet to hit his prime years. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Bell was an overworked RB. Mosley is an LB yet to hit his prime years. 

I think Mosley just sat out 2 of his prime years.

The groin was bad luck, it happens.   Last year, I'm glad he didn't play, maybe they would have won an extra game.   It is impossible to know what he will be until the year starts.  Is he training and ready to go?   Has he just sat and counted his money for 2 years?

On 10/3/2019 at 9:15 AM, CurtMart said:

Problem is he’s not fast enough to be an everydown 4-3 MLB

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just one more vet that used the Jets as a retirement fund.

Guy has no 'leadership cred' at all right now.

WTF were you last year while the rest of the team were getting their brains beat in?

Laughing that he dodged the Gase meltdown 

6 hours ago, Biggs said:

I love Mosley.  Best player on our D.  He should be well rested going into this season and his groin should be fully healed.  I expect beast mode under the new staff.  

You are the kinda guy who was upset we didn't get a 2nd for Bell and we released him for nothing....then told everyone how he was gone be a pro bowler with KC.

• Post of the Week 1