Sam Darnold will practice fully today for #Jets. Players just can’t touch him. Asked Gase how he prevents a player slipping & making contact with Darnold’s spleen “Don’t slip”

Mike135

You idiots understand that If the doctors clear him there is no logical reason to hold him out of the game right? He says he feels 100%, if his spleen is not enlarged, he’s good to go. There is no medical risk, it is not “safer” to hold him out another week. He’s missed 3 weeks, not 3 months. He’ll shake off the rust in a series or two. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Darnold is getting his spleen scanned again on Friday but as of now he is not cleared for contact. Sounds to me that the spleen is still enlarged but they are hoping it continues to go down in the next 2 days.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

From the looks of it he won’t be ready. 

0BCDAF12-2D3E-46E9-9A88-198449CBED20.jpeg

21 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You idiots understand that If the doctors clear him there is no logical reason to hold him out of the game right? He says he feels 100%, if his spleen is not enlarged, he’s good to go. There is no medical risk, it is not “safer” to hold him out another week. He’s missed 3 weeks, not 3 months. He’ll shake off the rust in a series or two. 

Have you seen this O-Line?    How about making sure they can pick up a simple stunt before throwing him back out there.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

A Back-up QB doesn't make the surrounding 'talent' better. Sam does. Simple as that... This roster overall stinks... but Darnold makes them better and I think has proven that with game 1 this year and the end of the year last year. 

Oh, I get that. I just don't believe in punting late/mid 4th quarter down by multiple scores. Reminds me of Bowles in Denver and New Orleans 

1 minute ago, freestater said:

Oh, I get that. I just don't believe in punting late/mid 4th quarter down by multiple scores. Reminds me of Bowles in Denver and New Orleans 

I understand.. I think that bothered Adams too... hence his beef with Jets for a hot second... I also think that Gase was involved with the building of the roster that he would have acted differently here but since Mac Compartmentalized so much that Gase had input on who he wanted but was not able to discuss the Draft and FA... Which is why he distanced himself from what Mac did... 

I am not giving excuses to Gase or the fact that he gave up... I hate it too and it looks bad... but I think there is more depth to this situation then appears on the surface.  I think next year, even if Sam goes down that the back-up QB will be somebody that is not a PS peon, 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I want to see the ultrasound of his spleen or I’m protesting.

By the way, where the hell is the spleen located again? 

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Do you need a spleen or is it like an appendix?  If its like an appendix, have it removed and get out there sunday.

https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/picture-of-the-spleen#1

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

its because every doctor ever is a pompous a hole 

introductions AND withdrawals! so formal. 

ten minutes later - Bob Hope cameo 

"Mind if I play through 

"Dr... Dr.  Glad I'm not sick" 

gotta make these references before everyone forgets who Bob Hope was and the current generation throws me in Trigger Prison with Bill Burr and most of the Jets fanbase. 

Uggh....had two buddies growing up with father's who would give you crap if you called them Mr. instead of Dr. and gave the whole "I didn't spend 10 years in school getting my PhD just so I could be called Mr. blah blah blah."

1 of them was a legit neurosurgeon so I guess I get it but the other was a dentist. 

20 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Uggh....had two buddies growing up with father's who would give you crap if you called them Mr. instead of Dr. and gave the whole "I didn't spend 10 years in school getting my PhD just so I could be called Mr. blah blah blah."

1 of them was a legit neurosurgeon so I guess I get it but the other was a dentist. 

I wouldn’t give that molar scraper the satisfaction.

28 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

It's even worse when guys with PhDs or Honorary Doctorates try to pull that sh*t.  LOL

Doctor, my ass, Jim. 

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

So can someone please clear this up for me....,

did darnold take the 1st team reps as the starter or was he like throwing on the side?

Gase said in the pre-practice that he was going to take real reps, as many as he could handle.

5 hours ago, Beaver said:

Have you seen this O-Line?    How about making sure they can pick up a simple stunt before throwing him back out there.

I think we should keep him on the bench for another 2-3 years, let Douglass bring da weopenz and some ham planets for the OL. Only then can we really tell what we have, no reason to risk him sooner imo

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I've watched this 7 times now.

His spleen is only about 6% enlarged at this point.  Should be about 2% on Sunday.

hilarious the hangover GIF

Don't believe me?  I got a second opinion from Dr. Frank Moga...and he agrees.

MOGA! MOGA!

john belushi cinema GIF

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1