What if we get a top 2 pick?

Philc1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

How about both?

A 2-3 pick trade down should be enough to land a 1st if a QB is available and still take one of those guys.

Depends on how far we trade back.

A lot can happen between now and April, but as it stands right now, I think Jeudy and Thomas are pretty much locks for the Top 5.

Jeudy is essentially a more explosive version of Amari Cooper and I think Thomas is the best LT prospect of the last 5+ years.

• Upvote 2

I would listen to the legion of excuse makers on this site bleat "We couldn't trade down as there was no one wanting to trade with us! I'd watch the #1 pick traded for a huge bounty of picks and then after rubbing my hands together seeing we are going to get the franchise LT I would watch us take a DT because he was 'the best player in the draft."

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Depends on how far we trade back.

A lot can happen between now and April, but as it stands right now, I think Jeudy and Thomas are pretty much locks for the Top 5.

Jeudy is essentially a more explosive version of Amari Cooper and I think Thomas is the best LT prospect of the last 5+ years.

So, what you’re saying is they’ll both go right before we pick and we’ll take BAP on defense?

• Upvote 3

We say the same thing every year.  Trade back!!!  

And every year (aside from the year we traded up) we end up with the stud who fell to us becuase he plays a low impact position.  this time, though, at least there is reason to hope things may be different.

Although I still think there is a few wins on the back half of the schedule that will prevent us from picking in the top 2.  Top 10, yes, but not the top 2.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

what should we do?  I would take Trevor and offer him to the highest bidder.  Most likely Broncos

So different than the “what if we get the top pick” thread by the same op. 

Next up, “what if we get the third pick”

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

We say the same thing every year.  Trade back!!!  

And every year (aside from the year we traded up) we end up with the stud who fell to us becuase he plays a low impact position.  this time, though, at least there is reason to hope things may be different.

Although I still think there is a few wins on the back half of the schedule that will prevent us from picking in the top 2.  Top 10, yes, but not the top 2.

Yep

Douglas being a former OL gives me hope that he’ll put a much larger emphasis on the unit than Macc or Idzik ever did. 

Plus he left Philly with Jason Peters’ longterm replacement before walking out the door. I was a big fan of Dillard last year.

• Sympathy 1

If the jets had half a brain they would grab the #1 qb. Nicely spaced out with sam 3 years apart on a rookie contract. If sam falters, we have options. If sam excels, we have a killer backup for the next mono episode. If sam is healthy and explosive the trade value would be crazy for the kid on the bench.

but no, what i say is dumb. Lets grab a pass rusher that busts again like QW

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

If the jets had half a brain they would grab the #1 qb. Nicely spaced out with sam 3 years apart on a rookie contract. If sam falters, we have options. If sam excels, we have a killer backup for the next mono episode. If sam is healthy and explosive the trade value would be crazy for the kid on the bench.

but no, what i say is dumb. Lets grab a pass rusher that busts again like QW

I disagree.  If Sam fails here, part of the reason for that failure is likely to be the OL we have allowed him to play behind and the lack of weapons on the outside.  If the time comes to move on to another rookie in a year or two., I want to make sure we do not repeat the same mistakes with the new guy.  Lets use premium picks to build an OL and add WRs for Sam.  Put him in a position to succeed.  Then, if he still fails, at least we will have created a better situation for the next guy.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

what should we do?  I would take Trevor and offer him to the highest bidder.  Most likely Broncos

They won't.

Once the Jets get through this brutal part and are 0-7 the schedule get much easier and hopefully by then Sam and CJ are healthy. 

What happens if we go up and give Goddell an envelop with Trevor Lawrence’s name on it? 

F’it, I say do it. He won’t be on our team. But at least we can say we hit on a HoF QB. 

The right answer is to draft Andrew Thomas. Drafting Jerry Jeudy is the sexy pick.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

What happens if we go up and give Goddell an envelop with Trevor Lawrence’s name on it? 

F’it, I say do it. He won’t be on our team. But at least we can say we hit on a HoF QB. 

Does he embrace the nickname ''Sunshine'' , Does he know what that impiles? Pass.

If we have the 1st pick we should trade down and get a haul for it. Give Joe D as much draft capital as possible to build around Sam. Douglas is an ex O-Lineman who understands the importance of the position and he comes from two great organizations in Baltimore and Philly. He's suppose to be a good scout. Let's give him a shot to do that.

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Dumbest suggestion I've seen all week.

That's saying something.

It's an opinion nothing more this is men discussing football and a lot of "what if" scenarios. 

Sorry to upset you like this and get you angry. 

Is Sam Darnold a franchise QB in your opinion and what has he done to help you render that decision. 

We need to keep drafting QB's until we find the right one in my opinion. 

I too hope Sam Darnold is the one.