Darnold better than Brady!

I posted this in another thread. And yeah, I made it.  Not sure why.  Maybe I'm clinging on to any hope that this kid actually will be a perennial Top 10 NFL QB and that the Jets losing by 1 point to Buffalo after a 16-0 lead is indication that they are actually good when they have their best players.

232867737_ScreenShot2019-09-30at11_54_31AM.png.4453ea4a0e8fd99bf456a1f0a454edd5.png

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Newjetsfan said:

Some people here seems to go over board  about Darnold's  less than stellar performance in Buffalo...well, he did better than Brady with a lot less!

Brady vs. Bills

18/39  150yd  3.8avg 0td 1int

10.QBR / 45 rtg

Darnold (no sleep mono) vs. Bills
28/41   175   4.3ave    1 td 0int 

37.8 QBR / 84.9 rtg

Who was better vs. The Bills?

Which game is more difficult?

On the road in a hostile environment at Buffalo with a 3-0 Bills team feeling confident as ever.

or

Home game in the season opener with the home crowd all fired up after the defense (Mosley) spots the offense a lead with a pick 6. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I posted this in another thread. And yeah, I made it.  Not sure why.  Maybe I'm clinging on to any hope that this kid actually will be a perennial Top 10 NFL QB and that the Jets losing by 1 point to Buffalo after a 16-0 lead is indication that they are actually good when they have their best players.

232867737_ScreenShot2019-09-30at11_54_31AM.png.4453ea4a0e8fd99bf456a1f0a454edd5.png

was gonna say this thread is a repeat of what someone else posted and w/o neat graphics....

• Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm going to post it every time someone makes a subjective asinine comment like Darnold has played bad.

he left a couple plays out there that coulda put us in the W column...  but so did the D, late, and so did the frigging K....

i was just PO'd cos once they scored their 1st TD you ALREADY KNEW we would not hold on to win...

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Are you suggesting we recognize hes a young QB with a very limited game history and simply wait for more information to come in? 

Nah. Much more sensible to make a decision right now. Dig in. Dismiss and excuse away any new evidence that emerges that undermines our opinion while also playing up any new evidence that supports. Dig in further. Call the other side names. Drive up post counts. 

We can go on like that for years.

So the whole scouting technique used by scouts and talent evaluators is wrong.

You believe that the talent a QB has cant be seen after a year of playing, its all about numbers?  You really cants see the tools that Darnold has at this point and think those who recognize his talents are delusional?  

He has the tools, has shown the starting point is on point.  Yes he has to develop, he isnt complete yet.  But if you cant see the basis for everyones optimism thats on you. 

How the F is there an other side when it comes to this player? 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

one big difference ...The Pats Won that should not directly reflect on Darnold since neither QB played particularly well but it is what it is

And in fairness if we had a K we  win too.

The loss wasnt Sams fault 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And in fairness if we had a K we  win too.

The loss wasnt Sams fault 

That FG was just awful!! The Jets should be 1-2 and the Bills should be 2-2.. Jets should be in the playoff hunt (yes one win changes that the AFC Sucks this year) with a FG kicker worth anything week 1

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So the whole scouting technique used by scouts and talent evaluators is wrong.

Pretty much yes.

That's why people say things like the draft is a crap shoot. It's really not, we just havent figured out how to project it accurately yet. Most scouts seem to rely far too heavy on a kind of  familial resemblance or look alike analysis, which is why 6'4 white Qb's with a cannon for an arm have been overdrafted for like ever.

And there are numerical systems that out perform scouts today. Explosion metrics for pass rushers and Qbase for QB's to name two

9 hours ago, Newjetsfan said:

Some people here seems to go over board  about Darnold's  less than stellar performance in Buffalo...well, he did better than Brady with a lot less!

Brady vs. Bills

10.QBR / 45 rtg

37.8 QBR / 84.9 rtg

Brady was better - he has the W.  Nothing else matters.  Geez.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He protected the football and took what the defense and his O-Line allowed him to take. If that's a bad performance from him, I can live with it. We should have won the game.

We would have won the game if we had a semi competent kicker

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

That FG was just awful!! The Jets should be 1-2 and the Bills should be 2-2.. Jets should be in the playoff hunt (yes one win changes that the AFC Sucks this year) with a FG kicker worth anything week 1

Douglas signing Vedvik just a couple days before the season started is a fireable offense

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Pretty much yes.

That's why people say things like the draft is a crap shoot. It's really not, we just havent figured out how to project it accurately yet. Most scouts seem to rely far too heavy on a kind of  familial resemblance or look alike analysis, which is why 6'4 white Qb's with a cannon for an arm have been overdrafted for like ever.

And there are numerical systems that out perform scouts today. Explosion metrics for pass rushers and Qbase for QB's to name two

Good but I dont agree

At all.  You see a guy with the size, arm and talent.  Hes not a turnover machine and has shown the ability to become something special.  But we cant say that or think that until he proves something and then we'll decide what he is?  OK

Sorry, thats kind of wishy washy

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Good but I dont agree

At all.  You see a guy with the size, arm and talent.  Hes not a turnover machine and has shown the ability to become something special.  But we cant say that or think that until he proves something and then we'll decide what he is?  OK

Sorry, thats kind of wishy washy

Its wishy washy to take a wait and see approach with Darnold ? 

4 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Brady was better - he has the W.  Nothing else matters.  Geez.

Hmm.  In a ultimate team sport, you are saying that Sam wouldn't  have won the game if he had the entire Patriots roster and the coaching staff?

By your logic, Berry Sanders must have wrongly made the hall of fame because his stats don't mean diddly squat since he's was on the losing team all the time, right? So every year he was possibly the 13th best starting back every season?   

14 hours ago, Newjetsfan said:

Brady vs. Bills

10.QBR / 45 rtg

37.8 QBR / 84.9 rtg

Gase>>>>Belichick 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CTM said:

That's inane.

No, what's inane is that a fan cant make a decision about the prospects of a player.  Needs to sit around, wait for a couple of seasons to then decide what that player is.

Cant come out one way or another without stats,

And yes that's wishy washy. 

18 hours ago, Newjetsfan said:

Brady vs. Bills

10.QBR / 45 rtg

37.8 QBR / 84.9 rtg

Obviously, Darnold is the GOAT!

Of course, this was Brady's worst game in his career. 

Think about this... It took Brady's worst game ever for you to compare him to Darnold...

Sam IS going to be a very good QB in this league if we don’t F-it-up.

He has all of the skill-set and mentality to a QB that will keep us competitive year-in and year-out.

It’s clear to anyone that knows this game. Too many of you simply don’t want to or incapable of believing it.

Protect him, give him weapons and we will be a contender every year.

STOP spending premium resources on defense!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

It's crazy how Sammy was able to persevere through what he did against Buffalo. Looking back it seems like it could be a defining moment in his career.

If I'm at ESPN, I'm already assembling the team to put together a 30 for 30 about "The Mono Game". Hell the parent company, Disney, should be looking to turn it into a movie. Think how many people would be inspired by his story.

Perhaps like me, they're just waiting for our Sammy to write the ending to the story. Is there anyone here who questions how the movie will end? This Sunday Sammy begins what will become his comeback for the Ages. I'm expecting our inevitable playoff run to start in Philly, with Sammy embarking on his MVP campaign while carrying the Jets on his broad shoulders.

He's back. He's ready. We're ready. LFGJ baby!!!!

Did you pop some Molly this evening?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No, what's inane is that a fan cant make a decision about the prospects of a player.  Needs to sit around, wait for a couple of seasons to then decide what that player is.

The stats don't tell much of a different story than your eye test. Sam is a good improviser but has a long way to go with running an offense on schedule like all the greats do every week. He basically has no history of doing it and is the most inexperianced QB I can remember given he didn't play the position much in HS and bounced after 2 years in college. On top of that, he's missed over 25% of his first 19 pro games.

Lastly,the truth of the matter is the skillset for being good a improvising/sandlot ball is much different than the skillset required to disect a defense from the pocket and run an offense efficiently. There's simply no way to projecting if it will ever click for him. 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean like what you're screaming at me for doing about Q? I've seen the Quinnen Williams show about 6 times now. He'll be ok. A "solid pro", and that's it. In a year, Oliver will be a Pro Bowler. 

The stats 4 games in are pointless, but I can already see Oliver is more disruptive than Q will be. As I said, it is what it is. 

Oh well.

Oh, and I was right about Polite the day he was picked. And I think Edoga will never be a reliable starter because hes undersized and weak. 

We have the same goal in mind, a decent team. I simply have zero faith in them anymore after 40+ years. 

#notwishywashy

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You mean like what you're screaming at me for doing about Q? I've seen the Quinnen Williams show about 6 times now. He'll be ok. A "solid pro", and that's it. In a year, Oliver will be a Pro Bowler. 

The stats 4 games in are pointless, but I can already see Oliver is more disruptive than Q will be. As I said, it is what it is. 

Oh well.

Oh, and I was right about Polite the day he was picked. And I think Edoga will never be a reliable starter because hes undersized and weak. 

#notwishywashy

Wow what an amazing talent you have to be able to evaluate a player after a single half of football. You should work for the NFL. That is incredible. So cool.

Oh well.

Maybe give q one full nfl game before writing him off? Oliver might end up the better player but q could end up being good also? Players can be good draft picks even if there ends up being a better player picked later.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app