Garafolo: "Everything is lining up for Sam Darnold to be the quarterback for the Jets on Sunday"

1 minute ago, Yeetin It said:

I’m happy he’s recovering so fast, but I have a nagging bad feeling in the back of my head that I can’t shake for some reason. Hopefully I’m just paranoid!

The Jets literally getting their franchise QB killed would be quite the addition to the pantheon of Jetsy moments. Might even surpass the butt fumble.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Yeetin It said:

I’m happy he’s recovering so fast, but I have a nagging bad feeling in the back of my head that I can’t shake for some reason. Hopefully I’m just paranoid!

Have you tried to contact the Jets medical staff to let them know of this critical fact?

• Haha 4

He is having more tests tomorrow. They won't play him until the tests come out fine. I disagree with all of the people saying he won't be able to do this or that since he has been sick for 3 weeks. He hasn't been feeling sick for over a week and has been practicing this week. He's probably very well rested and I doubt he lost much weight since they detected the mono very quickly. His receivers said he looked great in practice. If he felt weak he would not look good and not be able to get through an NFL practice with all of the running, etc. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you need a spleen pad you should not be playing.

True. But I can’t imagine doctors OKing him to play if there was even 1% chance of something bad happening.

If something did, their lives are over. Even though that would be the least of everyone’s worries. 

Either way I think he’s been OK to go since the start of the week. He’s been taking all the reps including today. That would be the dumbest move by Gase to do that if there was a chance he doesn’t play. 

@SAR I is Captain for a reason. He's playing chess while you're playing checkers.

He called the Kevlar vest on Monday. Yet you guys doubted him. Why would you do that? He's an executive, and he drives a BMW.

Now I dare someone to bet him we're not going to the playoffs with 9 wins. Go ahead. I dare you.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

@SAR I is Captain for a reason. He's playing chess while you're playing checkers.

He called the Kevlar vest on Monday. Yet you guys doubted him. Why would you do that? He's an executive, and he drives a BMW.

Now I dare someone to bet him we're not going to the playoffs with 9 wins. Go ahead. I dare you.

I think this is a very winable game for the jets.  Im almost ready to predict a win and sam throwing for 30” plus w/ multiple tds.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Yeetin It said:

I do too. It would be so SOJ to rush him back and have something bad happen and ruin one of the few rays of hope this franchise has had in many years.

I hope I am wrong

Dont worry guys, I've become an expert on the Spleen reading a few websites over the last few hours.  If the Spleen is ruptured, which is caused by extreme blunt force aka: Fletcher Cox coming unblocked, hitting Sam in his left rib cage and pile driving him into the ground, death is not immediate.  In fact, a small rupture can heal on its own.  However, if it's large and there is excessive internal bleeding, it would require immediate surgery.

So all good in the hood! 

• Haha 2