Jump to content
thshadow

Osemele suffers "potentially significant shoulder injury" in practice today

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Maybe the coaches should make their scheme fit the players instead of trying to force them into something they aren't good at? That's what a good coach would do. The entire o-line sucks at whatever scheme it is they've been trying to use.

The funny thing is, in an interview, Gase alluded to being able and trying to do that with Sam. I guess he thinks it only matters for the QB

#offensivegenius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

In the case of pur C it's  true, might be true for G. Can his backup be much worse?

  With how bad the oline has been playing if  the back up is better than the starter and he isn’t being played the offensive coordinator  and offensive line coach should be fired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that could be.  that just makes mac even more of a moron because he must have had some idea gase was going to zone block.

That's  BS. You don't  hire a coach because he has a zone blocking or man on man scheme for the OL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

  With how bad the oline has been playing if  the back up is better than the starter and he isn’t being played the offensive coordinator  and offensive line coach should be fired. 

Harrison is better than Kalil.  We all saw it when Kalil was benched against Cleveland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, freestater said:

I think that Bell prefers a zone blocking scheme. If our rb would do better behind it, then I'd support the idea of sticking with it. If I'm wrong on that, then it's just a coach being stubborn. If Gase is really an offensive guru, then he should be able to utilize players' strengths. 

You know what Bell prefers,  holes opened up that he can run through. I doubt he gives a flying ef how they are opened. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Harrison is better than Kalil.  We all saw it when Kalil was benched against Cleveland. 

 That is on the coaches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, though...this is probably one of the least upsetting loss of a starter that we could hear at this point. I'd be more upset to lose Daryl Robert's tbh, and that's saying something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I expect Joe Douglas to be able to SIGN A PLACE KICKER, for example

or NOT SPEND 8 mil on a 36 year old Center with a trick neck 

I also expect Adam Gase so called QB Guru to score more than 1 td on offense through 3 weeks, even with backup QBs.

he's running the wildcat you guys 

Jets fans are experts at playing the patience card

meanwhile they are pissing on our back and calling it rain 

LOL. They've been doing it for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The important thing for Douglas to do is to NOT try and solve this in a year by signing big ticket free agents. They almost NEVER work out and are completely wrong for this team. We need to build this team the right way through the draft, mid-tier free agency and UDFA players. We seriously need to look at getting what we can for Leo, Adams right now. Leo wont be on the team and while trading good players is always a crapshoot we would get more than a 1st rounder for Jamal. Build the OL first. Get some playmakers. Build OL depth second. Draft more playmakers. TBH we probably shouldn't draft another defensive player until 2021 at the earliest. Build around Darnold. I still think we make a run the last 10 games of the season so I do not see us picking particularly high.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rangerous said:

yes and no.  it's an idzik and mac problem because they had six horrendous drafts.  you're right any of those idzik players would be off their rookie deals by now but at least a couple of players besides enunwa or even dozier should've been worthy of getting a contract, and some of those should still be with the jets.  

Winters was an Idzik pick.  I don't count guys off their rookie deals because anybody can sign them.  Winters isn't great, but we could have signed guys like Warford just as easily.  What is the difference who drafted them? Was Demario Davis any less a Jet in 2017 than he was in 2015? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Wow. When you look at the highest paid players on this team & the contribution they make overall, it's easy to see why we're in a whole lotta suck. Trumaine Johnson (12) Leonard Williams (14.2) KO (10.2)  Beachum (9.5) Kalil (8.4) Quincy Enunwa (9) Avery Williamson (8)

71.3 Million in salary cap space being eaten up by 6 guys, 4 who are useless & 2 on injured reserve. This is going to be a much longer turn around than anyone of us expected. I'm sure that factors into guys heads like Bell, Mosely, Adams, when they look around the NFL. These guys are part of a pathetic team overall. This isn't Rex getting Manginis team. 

You guys expecting Gase & JD to be miracle workers are out of your minds. 

Agree with everything except that's 7 players. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The important thing for Douglas to do is to NOT try and solve this in a year by signing big ticket free agents. They almost NEVER work out and are completely wrong for this team. We need to build this team the right way through the draft, mid-tier free agency and UDFA players. We seriously need to look at getting what we can for Leo, Adams right now. Leo wont be on the team and while trading good players is always a crapshoot we would get more than a 1st rounder for Jamal. Build the OL first. Get some playmakers. Build OL depth second. Draft more playmakers. TBH we probably shouldn't draft another defensive player until 2021 at the earliest. Build around Darnold. I still think we make a run the last 10 games of the season so I do not see us picking particularly high.

I said in another thread that, if someone were to offer, say, a first and a third for Adams, the Jets should take it. At least two of the first three picks next year should be OL.  Do like the Jets did many years ago and draft a stud LT and C to anchor the line.  Then go from there.  Don't totally ignore D, but premium picks for the next 2 years at least need to go to the offense.  WR, CB, and Edge are all big needs.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Harrison is better than Kalil.  We all saw it when Kalil was benched against Cleveland. 

You would have been verbally lynched on this site for saying that 5 weeks ago.

But you are right and I agree

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Wow. When you look at the highest paid players on this team & the contribution they make overall, it's easy to see why we're in a whole lotta suck. Trumaine Johnson (12) Leonard Williams (14.2) KO (10.2)  Beachum (9.5) Kalil (8.4) Quincy Enunwa (9) Avery Williamson (8)

71.3 Million in salary cap space being eaten up by 6 guys, 4 who are useless & 2 on injured reserve. This is going to be a much longer turn around than anyone of us expected. I'm sure that factors into guys heads like Bell, Mosely, Adams, when they look around the NFL. These guys are part of a pathetic team overall. This isn't Rex getting Manginis team. 

You guys expecting Gase & JD to be miracle workers are out of your minds. 

this is positive because a lot of these guys are gone next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

You can't expect any different.

There is not a single player left on an Idzik contract.  The rookie deals for every player that he drafted expired.  It is not an Idzik problem.  He left the team a ton of money.  Any non-sh*thead could/would have completely rebuilt the team by 2017.

if any of them were good, they could have stuck around and we wouldn't be paying for crappy aging vets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

if any of them were good, they could have stuck around and we wouldn't be paying for crappy aging vets.

This is a common misconception.  It is simply bullsh*t.  If any of them were any good, they would have stuck around and we could be paying for them as they became crappy aging vets.  What is the difference between the Jets deciding to pay Winters (an Idzik pick) or signing Carpenter? 

Besides, Winters, Dozier, Aboushi are all still on active NFL rosters.  

Newsflash: Guys don't stick around after their contract expires without a new contract.  You have your draft pick for 4 years (5 for good 1st rounders) after that, it is on to the next.  This is why all this commie 5-year plan bullsh*t is just that. 

Look at Landon Collins.  Was he a bad pick?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

This is a common misconception.  It is simply bullsh*t.  If any of them were any good, they would have stuck around and we could be paying for them as they became crappy aging vets.  What is the difference between the Jets deciding to pay Winters (an Idzik pick) or signing Carpenter? 

Besides, Winters, Dozier, Aboushi are all still on active NFL rosters.  

Newsflash: Guys don't stick around after their contract expires without a new contract.  You have your draft pick for 4 years (5 for good 1st rounders) after that, it is on to the next.  This is why all this commie 5-year plan bullsh*t is just that. 

Look at Landon Collins.  Was he a bad pick?  

you generally can get a hometown discount (really locking up guys early adds some value).

but as it gets further away, i do agree with your point.

the last two GM have really set us back.  hopefully the one pick by mac can change it all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Finding and acquiring players that fit your particular scheme and skill set that you are looking for is critical.  It’s critical when drafting a guy and it’s critical when acquiring FA’s.  The very good to great players in the league are scheme diverse for the most part, but the vast majority of the players in this league need to be in the right situation to succeed.  I don’t think what they are asking Osemele to do matches his skill set.  He’s a more of a mauler and they’re asking him to adapt to this zone blocking scheme and he’s struggling.  Didn’t seem like a good fit from the beginning. 

finally a sensible post... When KO was signed i thought it signaled a shift to a more power/ man blocking scheme. Mac screwed the team hard with having 0 vision or reasoning for how he was building.  He just amassed players he felt were good at football, but not individually good at what we were looking to do here. 

KO is the greatest example of this.  Now gase in the past has run some man blocking principals in his offense, and i think this line is built for that, khalil, winters and KO are all marginally better in a man blocking scheme rather than a movement based double and climb zone blocking scheme which requires greater athleticism. so it made sense to me when trading for KO that we were moving away from the outside zone scheme bates was running to one that favored a more power running style.  Then we sign bell... bell is a perfect inside/outside zone runner, which takes advantage of his patience and one cut/burst abilities. 

So now were stuck between a rock and a hard place with a zone back and zone scheme to take advantage of that backs skill set, with a man blocking line. its honestly no way to build a team or identity. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

That's  BS. You don't  hire a coach because he has a zone blocking or man on man scheme for the OL. 

Still blaming the OL on Gase

OK

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he has stunk and been a massive disappointment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Still blaming the OL on Gase

OK

 

A little sensitive, aren't  we?

Even though I do, how is this blaming Gase for the OL?

The guy said it was stupid of Mac to Hire him knowing he runs a zone blocking g scheme and you see my reply. If anything, I'm giving him a pass on runni g a scheme that isn't  suited for the OL personnel we have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rangerous said:

can't disagree.  he did not appear to be the talented  and nasty player he was advertised to be.  they may as well have kept carpenter.

You have to consider the 2 turds he's sandwiched between. Beachum and Kalil are the weaker links.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

you generally can get a hometown discount (really locking up guys early adds some value).

but as it gets further away, i do agree with your point.

the last two GM have really set us back.  hopefully the one pick by mac can change it all.

I agree,. 

The shame is, even for guys we wanted back we never did it.  Wilkerson, Snacks, Winters, Anderson, Fitzpatrick, McCown.  Not a hometown discount to be found.  Even Ijalana and Powell signed deals that were a bit excessive compared to their prior deals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jgb said:

Reality is setting in for most everyone now. We are going to be pretty bad for awhile. The thing we have to root for now is Sam to continue to grow and confirm he is a FQB.

MAC made Idzik look like Ozzie Newsome. I can’t see how we get better for 2 years.... 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jack48 said:

This guy looks like a Greek God, but he is built more like a Greek salad under it all

Look like Tarzan, play like Jane!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

A little sensitive, aren't  we?

Even though I do, how is this blaming Gase for the OL?

The guy said it was stupid of Mac to Hire him knowing he runs a zone blocking g scheme and you see my reply. If anything, I'm giving him a pass on runni g a scheme that isn't  suited for the OL personnel we have. 

Im not sensitive, not calling anyone sensitive or names whatever.

I asked, are you still blaming Gase for the shltty OL on this team.

I also have to say, the idea that the OL COACH if he would only change the schemes we instantly have a better OL, even with the shltty players.  And who says the zone blocking scheme is the fault?  Really?  Which players cant play whatever techniques taught and implemented?  All of them?  Every one cant run the system in place?  Who's fault would that be if a couple of the 5 have struggled?  We should make all the others switch?  Do you get how that sounds?

Always remember a draft, years ago, the pros and the coaches said that no other position comes closer to be misunderstood by fans and theyre pretty clueless.

Now the running scheme doesnt fit who exactly? Tye or Bell?  And you base this on what exactly?  

Everything isnt the HCs fault because you didnt like the hire.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Im not sensitive, not calling anyone sensitive or names whatever.

I asked, are you still blaming Gase for the shltty OL on this team.

I also have to say, the idea that the OL COACH if he would only change the schemes we instantly have a better OL, even with the shltty players.  And who says the zone blocking scheme is the fault?  Really?  Which players cant play whatever techniques taught and implemented?  All of them?  Every one cant run the system in place?  Who's fault would that be if a couple of the 5 have struggled?  We should make all the others switch?  Do you get how that sounds?

Always remember a draft, years ago, the pros and the coaches said that no other position comes closer to be misunderstood by fans and theyre pretty clueless.

Now the running scheme doesnt fit who exactly? Tye or Bell?  And you base this on what exactly?  

Everything isnt the HCs fault because you didnt like the hire.  

A company might be failing for lots of reasons but it’s the CEO who gets the axe.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jgb said:

A company might be failing for lots of reasons but it’s the CEO who gets the axe.

This isn't a company, it's football, doesn't work that way.

And if a CEO takes over a failing company its with an eye on fixing it, not to blame him for what's there out of his control without a chance to get all his better employees back

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t osemele grade out as the best of the 5 turnstiles?

kid fml GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jetster said:

Wow. When you look at the highest paid players on this team & the contribution they make overall, it's easy to see why we're in a whole lotta suck. Trumaine Johnson (12) Leonard Williams (14.2) KO (10.2)  Beachum (9.5) Kalil (8.4) Quincy Enunwa (9) Avery Williamson (8)

71.3 Million in salary cap space being eaten up by 6 guys, 4 who are useless & 2 on injured reserve. This is going to be a much longer turn around than anyone of us expected. I'm sure that factors into guys heads like Bell, Mosely, Adams, when they look around the NFL. These guys are part of a pathetic team overall. This isn't Rex getting Manginis team. 

You guys expecting Gase & JD to be miracle workers are out of your minds. 

I couldn't agree more. I didnt expect us to be good/competing this season, but I really thought we were taking a step forward from last season and expected to see a 8-9 win team. This team looks like they would be lucky if they split with the Phins this year. Darnold losing valuable development time and not getting to watch possibly the only player on this team worth watching just makes this season that much more painful. 

I hate that Sam is losing out on the game experience but honestly, between this peewee football caliber oline and no WR's, maybe it's for the best he isn't being thrown out there. Imagine what this board would be like if Sam looked bad too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This isn't a company, it's football, doesn't work that way.

And if a CEO takes over a failing company its with an eye on fixing it, not to blame him for what's there out of his control without a chance to get all his better employees back

 

Spectacularly wrong.

You think sports fans don’t dig excuses? Try shareholders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I couldn't agree more. I didnt expect us to be good/competing this season, but I really thought we were taking a step forward from last season and expected to see a 8-9 win team. This team looks like they would be lucky if they split with the Phins this year. Darnold losing valuable development time and not getting to watch possibly the only player on this team worth watching just makes this season that much more painful. 

I hate that Sam is losing out on the game experience but honestly, between this peewee football caliber oline and no WR's, maybe it's for the best he isn't being thrown out there. Imagine what this board would be like if Sam looked bad too? 

If Joe Douglas believes in himself & his abilities, using the principles he's learned along the way from guys like Ozzie Newsome, he sees exactly what us fans see. It sucks that we'll be wasting 3 years now (including 2020) of Sams rookie contract to rebuild the team but we need a lot of help. You look around the league & there is no team as bereft of young talent in important spots than the Jets because of Idzik & Maccs total incompetency in the draft the last 8 years. 

Sam will be here for 15 years at least, he's only 22 now. Douglas will have his chance with Sam at the helm to rebuild this team the way he's been trained to do it. For us older fans it's painful knowing these last 2 GMs got us nowhere. If we start seeing a fire sale before the trade deadline, that's a good thing! That means JD & Gase understand there is a lot of work to do to transform this Frankenstein of a roster. Something like drafting the Georgia LT, signing Scherff and another young Olineman in free agency, using picks to bolster the #1 WR position, and getting some pass rushers in here would make me very happy.

I think when they announce we've cut Trumaine Johnson will make me happy! F*cking Macc! Talk about a guy that didn't learn from his mistakes (Revis). I know others believe Le'veon Bell will be gone in 2 years but I disagree. He's never getting another big contract. For Sam having Bell, Crowder, Herndon, is a good start if Wesco can develop & we add some stud larger WRs. Fix that line & everything will fall into place for the offense. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jgb said:

Spectacularly wrong.

You think sports fans don’t dig excuses? Try shareholders. 

No one is getting blamed for the past regimes mistakes this soon, especially with what has happened since the opening bell. 

We're judging a HC off of what, one game with an injured QB and team? A game they still should have won if not for the past regimes mistake with regards to the K? 

Or are we judging him over 2 other games with a 3rd string QB and an OL that is a total mess.  Translate that to anything other than football and the story the same to me.  That's all I'm saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Harrison is better than Kalil.  We all saw it when Kalil was benched against Cleveland. 

Start Harrison rest of season at C.  Edoga at LG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...