Darnold OUT vs Eagles

kdels62

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This front office in the short term is proving to be absolutely inept at handling the roster. Between the lame duck kicker and the reluctance to allow your back up QB reps it’s literally as bad as we’ve seen. Gase basically crossed his fingers like a 4 year closed his eyes and went,”please let Same play””please let Sam play” instead of preparing a plan b. Nobody from the starters to the back ups look prepared to play. Cept LeVeon, that poor soul. 

Complete boobs. All of them. I mean is it utterly impossible for the Jets to get someone relatively competent in any aspect of management?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This front office in the short term is proving to be absolutely inept at handling the roster. Between the lame duck kicker and the reluctance to allow your back up QB reps it’s literally as bad as we’ve seen. Gase basically crossed his fingers like a 4 year closed his eyes and went,”please let Same play””please let Sam play” instead of preparing a plan b. Nobody from the starters to the back ups look prepared to play. Cept LeVeon, that poor soul. 

If there was a 10% chance Darnold could start this week, you had to give him the starter reps. You’re not sending the franchise QB out there cold. The mistake was not putting Darnold on the short-term IR when this first occurred.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If there was a 10% chance Darnold could start this week, you had to give him the starter reps. You’re not sending the franchise QB out there cold. The mistake was not putting Darnold on the short-term IR when this first occurred.

Gase is a big fan of the %10 chance. Evidence by the kicker he played game 1. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

Any other team in the league would have traded for some sort of legitimate backup quarterback

I legit said this when Darnold was diagnosed.  The OP and I in another thread suggested trading for a legitimate back up QB in case Siemian stunk up the place and we were killed for it.  

Well Siemian stunk it up and had his season ended and we are stuck trotting out Falk like some sort of JV NFL squad.  

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Word. Can you update us on whether or not Maccagnan left us a playoff roster?

Not sure how many times this needs to be said...  the varsity squad is a playoff roster..  our pee wee roster is not.

Period.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

See if our offensive guru, QB whispering coach can muster anything resembling a High School Varsity offense this week. that would be an improvement... LOL

Seriously though if our offense does not look improved from the last few weeks, he sucks

Falk doesn't belong on an NFL team. Completely overmatched. it was obvious that first game.

I'm not a huge pro Gase guy at all, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect a good offense with this kid under center

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

Any other team in the league would have traded for some sort of legitimate backup quarterback

What's the point?  Who on offense are we looking to "develop"?  Darnold is the only guy that matters.  With him out there's no sense trying to put lipstick on a pig.  Throw Falk out there again, take the L, and move on to next week.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Life said:

As expected. Could literally die if gets hit wrong. Surprised the Jets led everyone on to believe he was playing though

The Jets were consistently telling everyone that it would come down to the doctor clearing him. If people assumed this meant he was playing it was their own fault, not the Jets leading them to believe anything.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Same, but i have very little optimism for this season regardless since we still lack talent everywhere on this team and the areas with depth have injuries. 

I think if Darnold took a step forward this is a .500 ish team. But yea, was mainly interested in seeing how he did so if he's not playing there's little reason for me to watch 

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

I read measuring the spleen is not recommended in determining readiness of play since all spleens are different sizes. Unless they had measured his spleen before contracting Mono the tests are meaningless since there is no baseline to compare it too. What could have changed from 4 days ago to now? Maybe his spleen already shrunk to "his" normal size but the doctors have no clue what that size is. If that's the case his spleen will never shrink and we will be waiting all year for him to be cleared.

@TeddEY it hath begun.  More educated speculation from the JN Medical Team.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Hysteria now over the number of reps Luke Falk got this week? 

For real.  Like any amount of reps would help Luke Falk beat Philly on the road.

This season is all about Darnold.  Who gives a flying f**k about the preparedness of our 3rd string QB?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1