Darnold OUT vs Eagles

kdels62

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For real.  Like any amount of reps would help Luke Falk beat Philly on the road.

This season is all about Darnold.  Who gives a flying f**k about the preparedness of our 3rd string QB?

It shows the utter stupidity and complete unpreparedness of the front office and Gase. You got this kid who hasn't played in a month and has friggin mono... hasn't been cleared for contact and you give him first team reps... now you're caught with your pants down when he's predictably out for Sunday's game.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

even with all the reps in the world our practice squad QB wasn't going to be winning this game.  

Sam coming out and saying he didn't want to die i suspect probably nudged the docs to not clear him.

I don't care about this game, they weren't winning with or without Sam. Gase and Douglas clearly have no idea what to do when plan A fails.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 weeks of prep for Eagles. Going up against the 31st ranked Pass Defense. Gase better have a game plan. Take some shots down field. Keep Falk on his Feet. Have guys on short leashes if they aren't playing up to there ability(Kalil, Winters, Leo). Rattle Wentz n get turnovers. Jets have a very slim shot at a Win but are capable of making this a competive game. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FlightBoyz said:

2 weeks of prep for Eagles. Going up against the 31st ranked Pass Defense. Gase better have a game plan. Take some shots down field. Keep Falk on his Feet. Have guys on short leashes if they aren't playing up to there ability(Kalil, Winters, Leo). Rattle Wentz n get turnovers. Jets have a very slim shot at a Win but are capable of making this a competive game. 

^This

How the Jets are prepared and play in this game (effort/game plan, etc.) has become a moment of truth for me in how I regard Adam Gase.  Too bad it has come to this.  Let's see what he puts out there and whether or not he and his staff can  make this a motivated fiery effort.  Same for Greg williams since he is the HC of the defense.  

• Upvote 2

The negativity here is pretty crazy. 

It really sucks Sam is out but good teams who have good coaches find a way to win when their backs are against the wall and with an extra week to prepare Gase, if he is a good coach, should have a team really fired up to prove people wrong. 

This Eagles team is also living on reputation more then 2019 results. They gave up 27 points to a Washington team that starts Case Keemun and Erick Flowers and lost to the Falcons. Yes they are well coached but they are beatable, and their offense without Jackson is much less dangerous. 

Falk has a full nfl game under his belt and hopefully used the 2 weeks of prep to get on the same page with Gase and the WRs  

I certainly don’t “expect” to win, especially without Mosley and Jenkins, but this is not the Pats or Chiefs we are playing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

One of the most miserable seasons I can remember. We have had worse teams, but so many expectations that I (and others) had going into this season are being derailed by guys getting injured who did not have significant injury histories (except Enunwa who gets hurt all the time)

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, CTM said:

Falk doesn't belong on an NFL team. Completely overmatched. it was obvious that first game.

I'm not a huge pro Gase guy at all, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect a good offense with this kid under center

I never asked for a good offense just anything that resembles a football team that could move the ball in high schoolI never asked for a good offense just anything that resembles a football team that could move the ball in high school. 

When other NFL teams can take undrafted or Late round picks and make them look remotely serviceable that is an indictment on Gase the guru / qb whisperer

Not to mention this will be what the fourth week with a bye week. That means we don’t even know how to correct issue over that amount of time

• Upvote 1

BS excuses about Falk. Once again other teams are finding ways to make udfa and late rounders look competent but we are the only team that has a Qb so bad he cannot function?

Not to mention Gase went out and got this guy and had him all last year in Miami.  As I've said repeatedly the comments were 'Falk knows the offense better than anyone!' in camp.

This is why you  actually have a 'really good' offensive mind so you can function with non premium personnel.

If the answer is he cannot get the team to even be functional now we may as well have retained bowles since coaching doesn't matter at all, it is all on getting pro bowlers.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Stark said:

I never asked for a good offense just anything that resembles a football team that could move the ball in high schoolI never asked for a good offense just anything that resembles a football team that could move the ball in high school. 

When other NFL teams can take undrafted or Late round picks and make them look remotely serviceable that is an indictment on Gase the guru / qb whisperer

Not to mention this will be what the fourth week with a bye week. That means we don’t even know how to correct issue over that amount of time

I dunno, Falk looks like a high schooler playing against pros.

18 minutes ago, BCJet said:

The negativity here is pretty crazy. 

It really sucks Sam is out but good teams who have good coaches find a way to win when their backs are against the wall and with an extra week to prepare Gase, if he is a good coach, should have a team really fired up to prove people wrong. 

We aren't a good team

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

BS excuses about Falk. Once again other teams are finding ways to make udfa and late rounders loo competent but we are the only team that has a Qb so bad he cannot function?

Not to mention Gase went out and got this guy and had him all last year in Miami.  As I've said repeatedly the comments were 'Falk knows the offense better than anyone!' in camp.

This is why you  actually have a 'really good' offensive mind so you can function with non premium personnel.

If the answer is he cannot get the team to even be functional now we may as well have retained bowles since coaching doesn't matter at all, it is all on getting pro bowlers.

all this team does is make excuses

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

I legit said this when Darnold was diagnosed.  The OP and I in another thread suggested trading for a legitimate back up QB in case Siemian stunk up the place and we were killed for it.  

Well Siemian stunk it up and had his season ended and we are stuck trotting out Falk like some sort of JV NFL squad.  

a legit backup doesn't give Gase excuses.

Remember, Siemian was his choice for backup. Gase thought he was great going back to when Siemian was with Denver. Siemian didn't just show up and be like, "I'm the backup QB now" and Gase had to live with it.

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So I guess the 100 % healthy Jamal Adams is pee wee now.  Glad you finally admit this.  

1 man a team does not make...  even an impactz position guy like Julio Jones doesn't make the Falcons any good.

Your side has lost.

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

I dunno, Falk looks like a high schooler playing against pros.

Right. So during the BYE we did nothing to address this. Also part of my point. Not only does our offense looks like sh*t even with Darnold, granted sick!?!? But horrible and we didn’t appear to do anything about it. 

Mike White has a similar game to Darnold we signed him a few weeks ago and he’s probably going to see the field Sunday lol. 

We we have a lot of issues I know but Gase has shown nothing.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Right. So during the BYE we did nothing to address this. Also part of my point. Not only does our offense looks like sh*t even with Darnold, granted sick!?!? But horrible and we didn’t appear to do anything about it. 

Mike White has a similar game to Darnold we signed him a few weeks ago and he’s probably going to see the field Sunday lol. 

We we have a lot of issues I know but Gase has shown nothing.  

1 game against a very good defense when we really dont even know what we have in Darnold isnt a reliable barometer 

Agree we should've brought in a QB but that's not entirely on Gase and who knows what the plan is right now. Gase and Douglas could be tanking 

Once the report came out that Douglas would be involved in the decision it was clear to me that Darnold wasn't playing. He's probably well enough to play but the front office and ownership want to take it slow. Guaranteed that's what's happening.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

1 game against a very good defense when we really dont even know what we have in Darnold isnt a reliable barometer 

Agree we should've brought in a QB but that's not entirely on Gase and who knows what the plan is right now. Gase and Douglas could be tanking 

Not knowing what we have in Darnold, true. Even more reason to attempt to correct issues so he has a chance when he gets back  

We’ve seen 3 games. All have had similar problems on offfense. 

Appearing to do nothing during the BYE is ridiculous. 

Gase and Douglas could be tanking. Lol Gase has been tanking since his 2nd season in Miami. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I wasn't watching it anyway LOL. Watched enough losing Jet football in my life and simply cannot bear it anymore. Not counting Sam, but it is amazing how the rest of them get minor injuries that never seem to heal, right Mr Moseley?

I guess you never had a groin injury. They're very easy to reinjure.