Darnold OUT vs Eagles

kdels62

Obviously writing this game off as a loss.  Otherwise they wouldn't have given Sam most of the reps.  No way I believe that they were banking on Sam playing.  Any doctor could have told them the most likely prognosis.  Probably smart.   Jenkins, Mosely, Sam, Herndon, and Copeland will probably all come back at the same time.  Jeez.  I feel sorry for Falk.  Dude is being hung out to dry.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Stark said:

Right. So during the BYE we did nothing to address this. Also part of my point. Not only does our offense looks like sh*t even with Darnold, granted sick!?!? But horrible and we didn’t appear to do anything about it. 

Mike White has a similar game to Darnold we signed him a few weeks ago and he’s probably going to see the field Sunday lol. 

We we have a lot of issues I know but Gase has shown nothing.  

Wait. What were they supposed to do to address it? 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

1 man a team does not make...  even an impactz position guy like Julio Jones doesn't make the Falcons any good.

Your side has lost.

The side that says Mike Maccagnan sucks?  Yeah I don't think that side has "lost".  I believe he's still unemployed at the moment.  

Before a single injury/illness happened, Vegas had this team at 7.5 wins.  Do you honestly think they were off by 2.5?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

This front office in the short term is proving to be absolutely inept at handling the roster. Between the lame duck kicker and the reluctance to allow your back up QB reps it’s literally as bad as we’ve seen. Gase basically crossed his fingers like a 4 year closed his eyes and went,”please let Same play””please let Sam play” instead of preparing a plan b. Nobody from the starters to the back ups look prepared to play. Cept LeVeon, that poor soul. 

Sam Darnold was never playing Sunday.  Everyone in the world knew this other than Adam Gase and apparently his personal PR dept, Tom Shane.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I don’t get why it’s funny that he is still to ill to play. So you’re rooting for Philly?
Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'll type it out slowly for you...

The people on this forum are funny that they believed they could medically evaluate Darnold and decided he was playing..and then they were wrong.

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Jet Life said:

As expected. Could literally die if gets hit wrong. Surprised the Jets led everyone on to believe he was playing though

It was absolute INSANITY to suggest that he was coming back this week.  

This isn't PGA Golf we are talking about but NFL!!

Play!!

Good Grief!! :( 

Seems odd to me. They said they would keep evaluating into the weekend then decide. And the doctors could've given a prognosis on it on earlier tests. This seems like a higher up decision.

I think it's better long-term if he sits, but still odd nonetheless 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The only shocking thing is how quickly this all happened.  Usually the jets at least string it out till mid season.

Exactly. I hate when its over before it really begins. I don't want to start thinking about next year by week 5.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Why is it moronic? Except for a few instances it never goes well when you hire a HC who was fired by another team the previous year. Maybe stop with the personal attack and explain why?

Personal attack?  I said your post was moronic!

and because a coach was let go by another team means he sucks?  

Belichick was once fired after his first gig!

And anybody complaining about Gase or any new head coach after 3 friggin games, when he hasn’t had his #1 QB healthy for a single game, and has had to play his #3 now going into his 3rd game, doesn’t make any sense!

• Thumb Down 3

I'm not even gonna watch now. Its bs when Gase starts Falk. He won't call any pass plays over 3 yds. We lose again so I guess the wife will decide where we go around 1 pm Sunday. I'm not setting through the misery this week. Darnold was the one thing that would've made me watch this week.

Jan no mono
Feb no mono
Mar no mono
Apr no mono
May no mono
June no mono
July no mono
Aug no mono
Opening Day Hi Mono!!

**** the **** awf with this being a Jet fan sh*t 
Yes, this is what is so so Jetsy. The timing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

Obviously writing this game off as a loss.  Otherwise they wouldn't have given Sam most of the reps.  No way I believe that they were banking on Sam playing.  Any doctor could have told them the most likely prognosis.  Probably smart.   Jenkins, Mosely, Sam, Herndon, and Copeland will probably all come back at the same time.  Jeez.  I feel sorry for Falk.  Dude is being hung out to dry.

he's a practice squad player getting to play in a real game in the NFL.

when he was in high school he probably just dreamed about playing in the CFL.  he's gotten even more than he could have dreamed for.

Just now, batman10023 said:

he's a practice squad player getting to play in a real game in the NFL.

when he was in high school he probably just dreamed about playing in the CFL.  he's gotten even more than he could have dreamed for.

Well.  I hope it last more than a few downs with this line.

52 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'll type it out slowly for you...

The people on this forum are funny that they believed they could medically evaluate Darnold and decided he was playing..and then they were wrong.

Only I was here too and that didn't happen.  From what I saw, a lot of people were hoping he would play but everyone understood it was up to the doctors.  I never understood how so many people around here claim to be Jets fans but seem to root against them by, for example, displaying joy when their best player can't play due to injury.

49 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Seems odd to me. They said they would keep evaluating into the weekend then decide. And the doctors could've given a prognosis on it on earlier tests. This seems like a higher up decision.

I think it's better long-term if he sits, but still odd nonetheless 

That’s what it feels like. Like someone said let’s not rush this and give it another week. 

Who knows. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Sam Darnold was never playing Sunday.  Everyone in the world knew this other than Adam Gase and apparently his personal PR dept, Tom Shane.

You disgusting troll. High level intellectuals like myself and Adam knew Sam wasn’t playing, but we also know that the unwashed base needs their dog treats to snack on, you filth.