Darnold OUT vs Eagles

kdels62

Heard the USC athletic department called the Jets today.  Wanted to know if they were interested in one of their QB's.  They insisted that three is a charm.  Seriously, I hope Darnold pans out because it's unfortunate he's down and out, but no more USC QB's.  The list is long of USC QB's that are MIA in the pro football HOF. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Only guy willing to take the job with the salary being offered. 

This conversation has to be qualified with the fact that the coach was coming in to work under Maccagnan, which had to be a massive deterrent. It’s no coincidence that it leaked far and wide that McCarthy wanted at least partial roster control, along with $8 mil per. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This conversation has to be qualified with the fact that the coach was coming in to work under Maccagnan, which had to be a massive deterrent. It’s no coincidence that it leaked far and wide that McCarthy wanted at least partial roster control, along with $8 mil per. 

What’s odd is the Johnsons apparently paid Douglas. Joe Douglas is also MIA.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Gase was the only guy willing to take this job. He is what he is. I have a hard time blaming Gase for being exactly what the Jets signed up for. Until ownership changes nothing is going to change.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

How does absurd thing like this start. McCarthy came as close to publiclly begging for this job as I imagine possible for these egos

McCarthy said this was the only job he wanted and it was because of Sam. Then Peyton Manning had to call Chris Johnson and well.... we are where we are. 

CTM it is just completely amazing how bad and predictable we have looked on offense. I know its early but you would think we would have see something, hell a rookie HC and rookie QB can get lucky and look good for 2 series in 3 games.

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

McCarthy said this was the only job he wanted and it was because of Sam. Then Peyton Manning had to call Chris Johnson and well.... we are where we are. 

CTM it is just completely amazing how bad and predictable we have looked on offense. I know its early but you would think we would have see something, hell a rookie HC and rookie QB can get lucky and look good for 2 series in 3 games.

gase.png

• Post of the Week 2

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

McCarthy absolutely sucked with Aaron Rodgers as his QB, but you wanted to pair him with Mike Maccagnan for four years? That’s the alternative? No thanks. I’ll take a new, seemingly highly-qualified GM plus whoever at head coach over handing Macc another offseason. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

McCarthy absolutely sucked with Aaron Rodgers as his QB, but you wanted to pair him with Mike Maccagnan for four years? That’s the alternative? No thanks. I’ll take a new, seemingly highly-qualified GM plus whoever at head coach over handing Macc another offseason. 

never said I wanted to pair him with Mac I wanted to fire Bowles and Mac after the 2nd season. I am not trying to do the McCarthy argument here. That comment was based on another poster saying no one wanted to coach the JETS. 

I wanted to get Reggie McKenzie and McCarthy TBH

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

gase.png

Guru / QB whisperer.... 

Meanwhile Gardner Minshew, an undrafted Kyle Allen can step in and look serviceable. 

Im not looking for an amazing performance with the injuries, but its pretty bad. 

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My favorite part is now we're complaining about yards per completion in Gase's offense because, boy lemme tell ya, you'd f*cking hate McCarthy if short passes aren't your thing.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

My favorite part is now we're complaining about yards per completion in Gase's offense because, boy lemme tell ya, you'd f*cking hate McCarthy if short passes aren't your thing.

But then again, Aaron Rodgers doesn’t have Luke Falk’s howitzer for a right arm

• Upvote 1

Still can't believe Daddy Starbucks hired some skank to give Darnold mono, created voodoo dolls for Qunicy, Avery, Quennin, Mosley, Demaryus, Jenkins, secretly signed the worst C in football, and is using black magic to completely bewilder the offensive line.

When does his reign of terror end?

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Still can't believe Daddy Starbucks hired some skank to give Darnold mono, created voodoo dolls for Qunicy, Avery, Quennin, Mosley, Demaryus, Jenkins, secretly signed the worst C in football, and is using black magic to completely bewilder the offensive line.

VS-600-square.jpg.709532df9b17264be81478f1735fed71.jpg

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Hopefully we'll get to see our A-Team at some point this year.

We did.

They blew a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter to go 0-1.

Edited by Mogglez
apparently this triggered you something fierce, lmfao
  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Pac said:

He actually already did that one. Twice.

See: Johnson, Welsey; Long, Spencer

• Upvote 2