Darnold OUT vs Eagles

kdels62

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

He actually already did that one. Twice.

See: Johnson, Welsey; Long, Spencer

Not to mention that Kalil is actually still better than Harrison, Macc's hand picked starter that required us to sign Kalil in the first place.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Honestly, I'd like to see Harrison given a shot over Kalil. Dude is toast.

I'm sure we will, but those expecting a different result are in for a sad surprise.

Training camp reports on him were not good.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Paccagnan 

There’s a scene in Apocalypse Now where Kurtz tells a story about inoculating a village for polio, then coming back later to find that the VC had come through and hacked off all the inoculated arms, and he ends it by shaking his head and saying something like “My God, the genius of that! The will to do that!” Anyway, that’s how I feel about Pac at this point. It’s so far beyond shock or disgust or even pity; I feel nothing but awe that someone is willing to be this deeply, incontrovertibly wrong. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

There’s a scene in Apocalypse Now where Kurtz tells a story about inoculating a village for polio, then coming back later to find that the VC had come through and hacked off all the inoculated arms, and he ends it by shaking his head and saying something like “My God, the genius of that! The will to do that!” Anyway, that’s how I feel about Pac at this point. It’s so far beyond shock or disgust or even pity; I feel nothing but awe that someone is willing to be this deeply, incontrovertibly wrong. 

It’s almost like some jets fans were over Idzik....

10 hours ago, Stark said:

Right. So during the BYE we did nothing to address this. Also part of my point. Not only does our offense looks like sh*t even with Darnold, granted sick!?!? But horrible and we didn’t appear to do anything about it. 

Mike White has a similar game to Darnold we signed him a few weeks ago and he’s probably going to see the field Sunday lol. 

We we have a lot of issues I know but Gase has shown nothing.  

I guess you didn't see the Pats and Tom Brady steamroll the Bills D this past week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stark said:

McCarthy said this was the only job he wanted and it was because of Sam. Then Peyton Manning had to call Chris Johnson and well.... we are where we are. 

CTM it is just completely amazing how bad and predictable we have looked on offense. I know its early but you would think we would have see something, hell a rookie HC and rookie QB can get lucky and look good for 2 series in 3 games.

Yes McCarthy would have had Luke Falk playing at a Pro Bowl level when he couldn't even win with Aaron friggen Rodgers. 

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Not to mention that Kalil is actually still better than Harrison, Macc's hand picked starter that required us to sign Kalil in the first place.

I don’t about that . Harrison end of season run > anything kalil has giving us to this point . Not saying Harrison is good or anything .

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He's coached three games, mostly with his third string quarterback starting. 

12 hours ago, CTM said:

+ we don't even know yet if landing Darnold was a good thing.

Double fail

The only fail here are the people pointing out that Darnold is still an unknown, yet somehow logicpfailing their way into absolving Gase of any responsibility because of said unknown QB contracting mononucleosis.

Of course we don’t know what Sam is yet, but we know what Gase has been everywhere he’s been without Peyton. 1 TD in 3 games is fully on brand for this joker. Making incomprehensible depth chart decisions is fully on brand as well. Meanwhile, other teams around the league on their backup QBs are at least fielding competitive offense, regardless of end results.

The key word in my original post was trending but even that was too far for your homer Ray Ray sensibilities.

34 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

logicpfailing their way into absolving Gase of any responsibility because of said unknown QB contracting mononucleosis.

Sometimes I wonder how a guy with as cushy a job as Mike Francesa could so utterly lose his sh*t and hold such utter contempt for his fellow man, but then you come across JetNation posts like this and you realize that, yes Mike, we are ready for a rogue comet strike.

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He's coached three games, mostly with his third string quarterback starting. 

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The only fail here are the people pointing out that Darnold is still an unknown, yet somehow logicpfailing their way into absolving Gase of any responsibility because of said unknown QB contracting mononucleosis.

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sometimes I wonder how a guy with as cushy a job as Mike Francesa could so utterly lose his sh*t and hold such utter contempt for his fellow man, but then you come across JetNation posts like this and you realize that, yes Mike, we are ready for a rogue comet strike.

Incoherent ramblings aside, a big fat wat to your entire take on this. 

So is your claim that we can’t judge Gase because he’s only coached three games? Because he has a full history as a coordinator and coach at three different places before here on which to also place judgement. 

Or are you claiming that Sam contracting mono is the reason for the offense’s ineptitude? Last I checked, it’s taboo to say Sam is anything positive, and if that’s the case, then jumping to a backup QB shouldn’t make much of an impact considering what’s going on elsewhere in the league. 

Or are you saying that Sam is still unknown but because Gase is saddled with a 3rd string QB, it’s not Gase’s fault for 1 TD in 3 games? So Trevor Simien is the key to unlocking Gase’s offensive guru-ness?

Seriously, I can’t tell what’s worse: that you’ve become the Ray Ray behind Gase or that you think you actually have a pulse on this.

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So if Darnold stinks it up we pass on all the QB's and draft OL for our franchise QB who hasn't even finished high school yet. 

Yes because if he stinks it up it is probably at least partly because of the current O line situation and no other Qb can do anything behind this type of O line so drafting another top Qb keeps us where we are right now.