The New Green Deal

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is a great post imo. I was listening to DiPietro, Canty, and Rothenberg on the radio just now and Canty was laying 98% of the blame for this at Gase’s feet, arguing that if he (Gase) doesn’t show the team some semblance of leadership during this stretch, the players are going to check out in a few weeks if they haven’t already. It was interesting because Canty has been on a few different teams that straight up quit while he was on them. 

I don’t think they work this way, but Douglas and Gase should do something in the next week or two to either change the narrative (trade for Diggs) or to pad the coming fall by trading Adams, Leo, whoever and embrace the tank. I think the best turds are pumped up to write about how Mean Adam Gase lost the team while completely exonerating their pal Mike Maccagnan for his years of treachery.

Trading for Diggs too reminiscent of Idzik and Percy Harvin...pass on that one. Would think the second scenario more likely. Also, did Canty mention if he was one of the guys who "checked out?" Just curious.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Also, did Canty mention if he was one of the guys who "checked out?" Just curious.

Not explicitly, but the way he was putting it all on the coach gives you an indication of how he understood the locus of “leadership” in the locker room. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jets vs. the Fish is the same thing as Jets vs. the Browns 2 years ago.  Both teams are terrible but one team is doing something different and loading up on pick.  The other took that sh*tty teams failure of a Head Coach and are praying for different results.

There is no argument about situations, it's Fins > Jets.  Bottom line.

Really, really good post. For this 40 yr. season ticket holder, the truth hurts. A lot.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is a great post imo. I was listening to DiPietro, Canty, and Rothenberg on the radio just now and Canty was laying 98% of the blame for this at Gase’s feet, arguing that if he (Gase) doesn’t show the team some semblance of leadership during this stretch, the players are going to check out in a few weeks if they haven’t already. It was interesting because Canty has been on a few different teams that straight up quit while he was on them. 

I don’t think they work this way, but Douglas and Gase should do something in the next week or two to either change the narrative (trade for Diggs) or to pad the coming fall by trading Adams, Leo, whoever and embrace the tank. I think the best turds are pumped up to write about how Mean Adam Gase lost the team while completely exonerating their pal Mike Maccagnan for his years of treachery.

Not sure if you saw but they traded for Demaryius Thomas. So...

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I still think that Darnold is a FQB and that our schedule is so ludicrously simple the last 10 games that Darnold can almost single-handedly lead us to a run, BUT I have to admit that for me this is a critical week for Gase, MANY other coaches in the NFL have shown the ability to adapt and be competitive with backup QBs when their starters go down, but Gase failed horribly in the game with Falk. If Gase comes out again in complete turtle mode with runs on every 1st and 2nd down and then a dink pass on 3rd and long, I would seriously consider just dumping him now. He is a record as a loser, so if he shows that he has not learned no reason to suffer for 3 years with the guy. If we completely tank, you may need to consider just blowing up the entire thing and starting completely over as well.

The trouble is, once the team goes to 0-6, 0-7, the team will check out just like what happened under Gase at Miami.

This season is lost.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The big problem and the thing that might stop Gase and Douglas from making a move is their trust in Darnold. They don’t know what he is yet and they could want to cut bait and own it.

• WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not explicitly, but the way he was putting it all on the coach gives you an indication of how he understood the locus of “leadership” in the locker room. 

Team has already checked out. Look around the league there are players on good teams who have checked out. Don’t think this is Gase’s fault. Outside of the Pats and maybe the chiefs there’s just a lot of personnel that doesn’t seem to love football tbh. Ramsey, Diggs etc

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jets vs. the Fish is the same thing as Jets vs. the Browns 2 years ago.  Both teams are terrible but one team is doing something different and loading up on pick.  The other took that sh*tty teams failure of a Head Coach and are praying for different results.

There is no argument about situations, it's Fins > Jets.  Bottom line.

The Fins hired their first choice head coach and are on a two-years long tank. But tell me again how that’s preferable to the Jets situation where the administration was installed in June, you ******* clown

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Jets may want to have that mid season presser a little early this year. Does Douglas still exist?

Seeson has been a total catastrophe and of course the Jets couldn’t get ahead of it.

Chris Johnson, too. Especially if the media starts collapsing around Gase. Someone has to run cover. This exact situation would have justified giving Daniel Jeremiah a sh*tload of cash to handle the media arm, btw

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It wouldnt surprise me if Gase lost the lockerroom already.  We know how his personality went over in Miami and they werent this terrible.  He ran off every single talented player on the team under his watch.  And while we look at the roster and see sh*t, those dudes dont look around at each other and think they all suck.  The players expected a big season, especially the offense and so did Gase for that matter.  All he did was gush about the character/talent of the team, especially on offense    And now 1 case of mono and Gase waves the white flag and is completely incapable of running a single offensive play?  I'd venture to say 90% of that lockerroom hates his guts. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Jets May want to have that mid season presser a little early this year. Does Douglas still exist?

Joey D has the best job in the country right now.  He collects a fat check and doesnt have a do a damn thing to collect it.  It's like getting a few million to party in Manhattan for a year without a job. 

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

In the 55+ years I've following this team, giving up on the season after the first game is a new low.

Forgot when Vinny went down in our opener?  That was worse, Sam at least played a game and we should have won.  Plus he’ll be back when the season gets easy.  This isn’t as bad as 98

EDIT: 99

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Fins hired their first choice head coach and are on a two-years long tank. But tell me again how that’s preferable to the Jets situation where the administration was installed in June, you ******* clown

Oh this is so reminiscent of those Browns vs. Jets debate.  Ass hat know it all's like you talk like a tough guy to a prove a point but will be dead wrong in the long run, like always. 

The Phins are doing exactly what the Jets should be doing, just like the Browns were doing.  Meanwhile the Jets spent this offseason even after the new regime took over desperately trying to hunt down a 6 win season see; Kalil, Hairston, Thomas, Lewis. pukes

I'm embarrassed by you, Tom.  I used to think you actually had a pulse on this sh*t.  Still just an emotional twat who rather be right than see the truth.

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The big problem and the thing that might stop Gase and Douglas from making a move is their trust in Darnold. They don’t know what he is yet and they could want to cut bait and own it.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

It wouldnt surprise me if Gase lost the lockerroom already.  We know how his personality went over in Miami and they werent this terrible.  He ran off every single talented player on the team under his watch.  And while we look at the roster and see sh*t, those dudes dont look around at each other and think they all suck.  The players expected a big season, especially the offense and so did Gase for that matter.  All he did was gush about the character/talent of the team, especially on offense    And now 1 case of mono and Gase waves the white flag and is completely incapable of running a single offensive play?  I'd venture to say 90% of that lockerroom hates his guts. 

Here’s the thing, though: the roster is filled with the same losers that were on it when Bowles was going 4-12, 5-11, 5-11, etc., so how would you tell if Leonard Williams or Brian Winters quit? That’s why it’s hard to pin this all on Gase—this is a culture that’s been in place for a long time. We have to let Douglas and Gase fumigate Florham Park before freaking out on them. The team has been absolute dogsh*t for the better part of a decade and we expect them to have righted the ship in six months? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here’s the thing, though: the roster is filled with the same losers that were on it when Bowles was going 4-12, 5-11, 5-11, etc., so how would you tell if Leonard Williams or Brian Winters quit? That’s why it’s hard to pin this all on Gase—this is a culture that’s been in place for a long time. We have to let Douglas and Gase fumigate Florham Park before freaking out on them. The team has been absolute dogsh*t for the better part of a decade and we expect them to have righted the ship in six months? 

That is fair. I just hope Chris Johnson will go all in if that's what it takes. So far, he seems to be on board.

I really hope JD just embraces the tank. No more trading draft picks away unless for a cost-controlled guy under 30 with some upside. In other words, keep all your picks. Sell as best as possible to get more picks. This is a crappy roster.

I was not a fan of the Gase hire, but let's see how the team responds once Darnold gets back.  If he does lose the team, fine, fire him after the season, but enjoy the early first round pick!

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is from an article from the Athletic about a week ago. Found it pretty interesting.

There’s a little bit of a culture issue with the Jets right now. I get the sense several players haven’t yet bought into what Gase is teaching. It reminds me a bit of Matt Patricia’s first year with the Lions. It took that team time before they realized the method to the madness. Now that they have, Detroit is playing some excellent football.

It doesn’t always have to take a year. Maybe a few weeks or months. But it hasn’t happened yet for the Jets. That’s the route of some of their problems.

“We just have to keep going through it and we need guys to just keep working when they’re outside the building, or get together and work to where they’re on the same page,” Gase said Monday. “It takes more than just us having meetings as coaches and players. It’s kind of players on players and the individual taking time to really dial into what we’re doing. Really, when that happens, that’s when you kind of can see the chemistry and things start to develop.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This was an 8 win team in the eyes of Vegas.  Despite your efforts to say this is the worst roster in the NFL, people much smarter than you and I, completely disagreed.  The Jets are performing like a team who is lucky to win 2 games.  News flash; Todd Bowles with a worse team won 4 games.  How did the team regress but yet upgraded the talent and supposedly the coaching staff?

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Gase was hired in early January.  I get that he hasn't had an opportunity to build the team with his hand-picked GM, but Gase was already supposed to have cleaned house.  The fact that the offense is so far behind the defense is another Gase issue - they spent on Bell, Crowder, Osemele, Kalil, Seimian, and they are still horrific.  The team looks as bad now as it did with Gailey/Morton/Bates and Petty.  There is no excuse for that, not matter how much you want to shake your fist at Maccagnan.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Gase was already supposed to have cleaned house. 

This is exactly what I thought when Gase wouldn’t even appear on camera during the draft for the Jets website puff piece on their awful draft picks, that he was super happy with his level of roster control 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, peebag said:

I'd feel a whole lot better about making drastic changes/trades if we knew what we have in Darnold.

I think the Jets will soon need to either all in or all out.  If they’re all out then Darnold sits until he’s 100%....possibly December or even next year.  They trade Leo and/or Jamal.  They do what we thought was the smart move LAST YEAR....starting younger guys, putting rookies on the field not out of necessity but for evaluation.  Guys like Edoga, Wesco, etc.

If they’re all in and want to simply make this year about proving they can win in the second half of the season with Darnold, then they make some of the moves suggested above....trading FOR a guy like Diggs, etc.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I think the Jets will soon need to either all in or all out.  If they’re all out then Darnold sits until he’s 100%....possibly December or even next year.  They trade Leo and/or Jamal.  They do what we thought was the smart move LAST YEAR....starting younger guys, putting rookies on the field not out of necessity but for evaluation.  Guys like Edoga, Wesco, etc.

If they’re all in and want to simply make this year about proving they can win in the second half of the season with Darnold, then they make some of the moves suggested above....trading FOR a guy like Diggs, etc.

What "younger guys" do you want to start?  If they aren't under contract for 2020, who gives a flaming **** how old they are? 

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Forgot when Vinny went down in our opener?  That was worse, Sam at least played a game and we should have won.  Plus he’ll be back when the season gets easy.  This isn’t as bad as 98

Ugh the '98 season, talk about leadership, Parcells waved the white flag as soon as Vinny went down.