Since 1994 the Jets have had 2 head coaches last just 1 season

Philc1

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Todd Bowles was a pussbag head coach the same way Adam Gase is. His defenses sucked ass here and so far Todd Gases offenses haven't even tried.

There are 32 NFL head coaching jobs in the world - the Jets are one of the worst because the owners suck, regardless of whether Todd Gase sticks around another second. Guys who are interested in NFL head coach jobs won't change their mind if the Jets get rid of a terrible one too soon rather than too late.

There are coaches lining up to get railroaded after one season because the organization is garbage. I’ll consider this notion.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There are coaches lining up to get railroaded after one season because the organization is garbage. I’ll consider this notion.

All I'm saying is I don't think Gase getting fired early moves the needle. Either guys aren't listening because the owners are trash or they are. A terrible coach getting fired early is irrelevant to people who are willing to listen otherwise, and Gase is most certainly a terrible coach.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that the franchise has gone into a complete death spiral since the Johnsons parted ways with the last remnants of the Parcells regime.

Simply not true as we went to back-to-back AFC Championship games.

And one of the main reasons we were good then - is because there was a priority put on offensive line.  

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Just sayin’

5B7F72F9-03CB-46AC-9E10-AB76CFC74423.jpeg.cb0ddc3743cf7445d7e70c03e6270100.jpeg

okay so bellichicken and groh decided they weren't for the job.  i'm not sure why groh wasn't successful although i'm still a little upset over that 6-3 detroit game that essentially knocked them out.

the difference is gase wants to be an nfl head coach.  groh was called back to virginia and the bellichicken didn't have the spine to take the job.

57 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Many people saw that Bowles and mac were awful after year one or two, was it knee jerk to say that or was it better to let these guys trundle on for 2 or three more years and slag the team?

Most people loved the Bowles and Macc hires.  After 10-6 no one was complaining, other than those like you who complain about everything.   Pure nonsense 

And has nothing to do with Gase.  Two different coaches, two different teams and issues

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

All I'm saying is I don't think Gase getting fired early moves the needle. Either guys aren't listening because the owners are trash or they are. A terrible coach getting fired early is irrelevant to people who are willing to listen otherwise, and Gase is most certainly a terrible coach.

Players don’t listen because of the owners?

Thats ridiculous.  The owner pays them well to play.  Add to that the players love CJ

• Upvote 1

Lets say u got hired at a company and a few months later they give you the opportunity to hire your boss.  You then go out and hire one of your best buddies.

Do you think 9 months later your boy is going to fire you?

Come on guys.  Your smarter then that.  Gase and douglas are here for 4-5 years.  

Gase hiring his best buddy is basically writing a “no fire” clause into his contract.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lets say u got hired at a company and a few months later they give you the opportunity to hire your boss.  You then go out and hire one of your best buddies.

Do you think 9 months later your boy is going to fire you?

Come on guys.  Your smarter then that.  Gase and douglas are here for 4-5 years.  

Gase hiring his best buddy is basically writing a “no fire” clause into his contract.

No way in hell. 

if they have no success after year 2 Woody or Chiris whoever is running this team will fire them all. 

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas got a 6 year deal dude.  Hes not going anywhere.  And hes not firing his best buddy who hired him.  

You are smarter then this.

JD wont have a choice if the Johnsons decide to keep him around. 

Contracts and money disposable happens all the time. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Unknown but the NY Jets have been known to write the history books on everything bad that happens in the NFL. 

Not going to happen.  This year is a wash because of mono etc.

Next year is a wash because its year 1 of a rebuild and roster will be overturned.

Year 3 wil be just when he starts to have most of the guys he wants in there but need to have them gel etc.  

Year 4 will be the year he is judged on if hes the guy moving forward.

So gase/douglas have 4 full years here b4 anyone even thinks about making a change.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Next year is a wash because its year 1 of a rebuild and roster will be overturned.

Year 3 wil be just when he starts to have most of the guys he wants in there but need to have them gel etc.  

So gase/douglas have 4 full years here b4 anyone even thinks about making a change.

So 52 years and counting before theres a glimmer of hope.............

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Year 5, deep into the playoffs.

55 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And if it wasn’t for Arians Todd wouldn’t even have a defensive coordinator job in the nfl

I can’t wait for Manish to give him credit for Shaq Barrett tho

Not to mention Arians wouldn't take the Jet job because he didn't want to replace his good buddy Bowles..

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Firing Gase after one year after inheriting this dreg roster, after firing the GM in May, after playing with his third string QB for a handful of games would definitely look dumb as **** to other prospective coaches.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

The Johnsons are horrible owners but there is an obvious fix -  hire someone competent and stay the f-ck out of football decisions 

That’s what Hess did with Parcells.  Hopefully the Johnsons grow a brain and do the same with McCarthy or Harbaugh this coming offseason

Agree with the Johnsons being the root of the problem. Don't see them getting out of their own way, though. 

McCarthy is no magic elixir. He's out of the league for a reason: he's a massive underachiever. He squandered the best QB in the league. I have no idea why you keep bringing him up. 

For Harbaugh to come here, he would need total control. The Jets just gave Joe Douglas a six-year contract with control of the 53-man roster. Hence, Harbaugh isn't coming here, either. 

The hope has to be that Douglas can be the football man that keeps the owners at bay. He'll stick with Gase thru next year -at least- because he has a relationship with Gase and believes in him. Ultimately, his six-year deal gives him a lot of power, and if Gase is not getting the job done once Douglas provides him with some better players, Douglas will move on. It's not happening before the end of 2020, though, at the earliest. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that the franchise has gone into a complete death spiral since the Johnsons parted ways with the last remnants of the Parcells regime.

And this is why I wanted Mike Shannahan brought in as "Head of Football Operations"  but the CJ said no because Shannahan wanted to much authority and therein lies one of the problem. The Jets ownership still wants to be Jerry Jones.

In truth I think that CJ is fine as an owner. I do, he is trying but he must empower the folks underneath him to do their jobs and we have to hope that now JD is truly that guy.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Firing Gase after one year after inheriting this dreg roster, after firing the GM in May, after playing with his third string QB for a handful of games would definitely look dumb as **** to other prospective coaches.

Any coach worth hiring will see how gase is a loser who didn't deserve an NFL head coaching job.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So, Todd Bowles is respected league-wide for his coaching ability and his class, etc, and the Jets hired him, then hung the worst personnel department in league history around his neck, and Bowles never once bitched about all the trash players Mike Maccagnan dropped on his doorstep. As thanks, Chris Johnson fired league-respected Todd Bowles and kept Mike Maccagnan, who lasted five more months in the job before getting shanked by fellow league-respected coach Adam Gase. 

Todd Bowles was unemployed for thirty seconds and is currently living his best life in Tampa, where he has rejuvenated the Bucs into an aggressive, attacking defense. Todd Bowles is now, once again, a hot head coaching candidate and will get copious interviews for jobs this offseason. This happens because the Jets franchise is, in fact, *not* respected around the league and the head coaching job is widely considered to be a career-killer.

And while Todd Bowles flourishes, the Jets remain a laughingstock team with an awful roster built by an historically terrible GM who was inexplicably allowed to survive as league-respected Todd Bowles was fired, and that GM subsequently put together what can only be described as a catastrophic offseason from tip to stern. The league isn’t blaming Adam Gase for this mess. They’re blaming this mess on The Jets being The Jets.

The coaching fraternity is small and insular. They know what jobs are good and which jobs are kamikaze missions. Guess where the Jets job ranks? 

So, please, go ahead and cry about Adam Gase and, sure, let’s fire him after one season. And then let’s act bewildered when second tier head coaching candidates don’t even pick up the phone when The Jets call for an interview. Maybe  The Jets can pick up whatever bottom-of-the-barrel candidate the Redskins eventually pass on. 

Or, maybe we give Joe Douglas and Adam Gase one (1) offseason to purge the roster and start the hard work of an actual rebuild? Maybe? I don’t know—it’s just a thought that maybe it’ll take more than <checks calendar> five months and/or three games to repair a roster that was twenty games under .500 over the last three seasons. 

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Yes, not big and strong like Falk with his soccer player physique.

Remind me of the time 6'4 220 lb Luke Falk snapped his leg in half walking.....

LOL. Falk sucks, but hes tough. Bridgewater is a smart, accurate kid with the build of a 14 year old and bone density of a 75 year old woman.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Remind me of the time 6'4 220 lb Luke Falk snapped his leg in half walking.....

LOL. Falk sucks, but hes tough. Bridgewater is a smart, accurate kid with the build of a 14 year old and bone density of a 75 year old woman.

I see your point. Bridgewater has won in the league I'd take him over Falk.