Since 1994 the Jets have had 2 head coaches last just 1 season

Philc1

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

McCarthy wanted to coach here. Probably still does (because he knows Sam is a potential future star)

Offer Harbaugh $100 milllion and complete control (I.E - Woody and Chrissy promise he will never see their ugly faces)  he comes here

NO TO HARBAUGH. The guy failed in SF. He was given the keys to the Kingdom in Ann Arbor and crapped the bed. He would get eaten up in NYC. Just NO.

• Thumb Down 2

On 10/5/2019 at 9:04 AM, T0mShane said:

So, Todd Bowles is respected league-wide for his coaching ability and his class, etc, and the Jets hired him, then hung the worst personnel department in league history around his neck, and Bowles never once bitched about all the trash players Mike Maccagnan dropped on his doorstep. As thanks, Chris Johnson fired league-respected Todd Bowles and kept Mike Maccagnan, who lasted five more months in the job before getting shanked by fellow league-respected coach Adam Gase. 

Todd Bowles was unemployed for thirty seconds and is currently living his best life in Tampa, where he has rejuvenated the Bucs into an aggressive, attacking defense. Todd Bowles is now, once again, a hot head coaching candidate and will get copious interviews for jobs this offseason. This happens because the Jets franchise is, in fact, *not* respected around the league and the head coaching job is widely considered to be a career-killer.

And while Todd Bowles flourishes, the Jets remain a laughingstock team with an awful roster built by an historically terrible GM who was inexplicably allowed to survive as league-respected Todd Bowles was fired, and that GM subsequently put together what can only be described as a catastrophic offseason from tip to stern. The league isn’t blaming Adam Gase for this mess. They’re blaming this mess on The Jets being The Jets.

The coaching fraternity is small and insular. They know what jobs are good and which jobs are kamikaze missions. Guess where the Jets job ranks? 

So, please, go ahead and cry about Adam Gase and, sure, let’s fire him after one season. And then let’s act bewildered when second tier head coaching candidates don’t even pick up the phone when The Jets call for an interview. Maybe  The Jets can pick up whatever bottom-of-the-barrel candidate the Redskins eventually pass on. 

Or, maybe we give Joe Douglas and Adam Gase one (1) offseason to purge the roster and start the hard work of an actual rebuild? Maybe? I don’t know—it’s just a thought that maybe it’ll take more than <checks calendar> five months and/or three games to repair a roster that was twenty games under .500 over the last three seasons. 

While I disagree on Bowles(if Arians didn't hire him I'm pretty sure he would be on unemployment line) and I didn't want Gase at all this is who we have. Sure I'm pissed about how this team has played but I doubt either one is going anywhere. Thats why I think Gase looks so calm on the sideline. He knows he is going nowhere because of the way this season has gone. He inherited a terrible roster from a moron of a GM. Then his two QB's go down what else can he do except try to limit the damage? I'm no fan of Adam Gase but to fire him after this Murphys Law of a Season would be extremely stupid.

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

“Failed in SF?”  Please explain.

He failed to work with the GM and CEO. He wanted to do it his way. Well guess what genius? He did it His way at U of M and completely screwed the pooch. His recruiting stinks and his in game coaching is just terrible. Hell he even brought in Alabama's OC and still can't score with the team he assembled. Stay away from Jim Harbaugh.

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

You defended Bowles and Macagnan for years and their sh-tshow now you’re defending the current sh-tshow featuring the retarded version of Mangini

I’m not defending anyone.  I’m answering your post where you claim he hasn’t done anything.  You complain without any ammo.  WTF is any HC going to with this OL and this 3rd string QBs.  Three posts and you don’t have an answer, what plays do YOU think he should be calling, that he hasn’t tried that will get it fixed.  Simple question and you don’t have an answer other than to bring up Bowles and Mangini.

Every part of the offense sucks right now.  The clueless can’t just accept this and need to blame the HC because it’s easy and simplistic.  On the other im smart enough to know there is no way to judge anyones offense with this unit the way it’s put together.  Just as you can’t come up with alternatives to what they’re trying and can’t see that they’ve tried almost everything 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Hire this beast

04DB3040-303B-4FFB-91A5-4E4F340A94EE.jpeg

Yeah a guy whose fan base a HOF QB complained for years that his offense was old, stiff and not working in today’s game. That will help the offense and your man crush explains your incessant whining about Gase. 

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

You defended Bowles and Macagnan for years and their sh-tshow now you’re defending the current sh-tshow featuring the retarded version of Mangini

And you have no idea what I thought about Bowles and Macc

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah a guy whose fan base a HOF QB complained for years that his offense was old, stiff and not working in today’s game. That will help the offense and your man crush explains your incessant whining about Gase. 

Careful what you wish for. Aaron Rodgers has the 2nd lowest QBR of his career as a starter this season. Grass is always greener... all the glitters is not gold...

13 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

He failed to work with the GM and CEO. He wanted to do it his way. Well guess what genius? He did it His way at U of M and completely screwed the pooch. His recruiting stinks and his in game coaching is just terrible. Hell he even brought in Alabama's OC and still can't score with the team he assembled. Stay away from Jim Harbaugh.

He took a bad 49er team and got to back to back NFCGs and a Super Bowl.  The window closed there because Kaepernick wasn’t talented 

You can nit pick any head coach’s record. Even Parcells made mistakes before Leon Hess made his best decision as an owner ever and hired him

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re seriously comparing McCarthy’s track record to Gase?

On 10/6/2019 at 7:18 AM, T0mShane said:

Yeah, Todd wasn’t good here. My point was that you can’t just throw coaches away, especially ones who are established and relatively respected in the league. It’s poor form, and poisons the well for future candidates. 

Gase has done a poor job so far obviously but I don't think it's fair to evaluate him yet because of the circumstances.  He's playing a QB that has no business playing in this league right now.  The D keeps playing hard, STs is playing hard, I think the O is playing hard but it's impossible with the QB situation.

The OL has been bad but at least half those Davis yesterday were on the QB and is hard to open holes in the run game with zero respect for the passing game.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Careful what you wish for. Aaron Rodgers has the 2nd lowest QBR of his career as a starter this season. Grass is always greener... all the glitters is not gold...

True but it's also 4 games under a different offense.  He's also 4-0 I think so there that. 

• Upvote 1

You’re seriously comparing McCarthy’s track record to Gase?

Yes I am.  You tell me, the seasons Rogers was out compared to Gase without his starter.  Three seasons each, GB roster v the Fins, how did they compare? 

Uh yes I do

At least you're consistently wrong

And all the spinning doesn't change the question.  The one you can't answer other than to tell everyone that McCarthy would magically win with this line and this third string POS QB.  

Why because it sounds good andmcant be disproven 

Done hearing about your dream world, from what I thought to what any other HC would do with this mess Macc left behind

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He took a bad 49er team and got to back to back NFCGs and a Super Bowl.  The window closed there because Kaepernick wasn’t talented 

You can nit pick any head coach’s record. Even Parcells made mistakes before Leon Hess made his best decision as an owner ever and hired him

Lol. I keep forgetting who I am talking to. So Kaepernick was talented enough to get him to a Super Bowl but not talented enough to sustain it? No. The League figured Kaepernick out and Harbaugh could not adjust his gameplan to compensate. The same thing is happening at U of M.