Mehta: Two new Starters Expected on Sunday on Jets O-line

IMG_2014.jpg

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News is reporting that Jets head coach Adam Gase will have two new starters along his struggling offensive line tomorrow with rookie Chuma Edoga replacing Brandon Shell at right tackle and veteran Alex Lewis stepping in to replace the injured Kelechi Osemele at left tackle.

Sources: Jets are shaking up their offensive line vs Eagles tomorrow. Here’s how they’ll look: https://t.co/ybuDMMMYK2 pic.twitter.com/TnruHHbLuH

— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) October 5, 2019

What will likely come as a surprise to Jets fans is that there is no mention of benching the struggling Ryan Kalil, who may be the worst “bang for your buck” player in the group.  This, despite having a better option on the bench in Jonotthan Harrison.

With one of the league’s worst offenses through the season’s first four weeks, some changes had to be made.  If Mehta’s sources are right and these changes happen, Jets fans will be watching closely to see if the group shows any noticeable improvement.

The post Mehta: Two new Starters Expected on Sunday on Jets O-line appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
AvhytwgTt1o

Click here to read the full story...

2 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

They will need  him at his best, for sure. They will expose him big time.

You are 100% correct IMO.....

People think that just benching Kalil is simple but the guy is an above average player if he can get his "will to win" back up to snuff, so they have to give him another chance.

Based on the horrific play of the OL they have no other choice, but to hope he gets better they know that they can always go back to Harrison if they have to............................

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

People think that just benching Kalil is simple but the guy is an above average player if he can get his "will to win" back up to snuff, so they have to give him another chance.

Based on the horrific play of the OL they have no other choice, but to hope he gets better they know that they can always go back to Harrison if they have to............................

Harrison did nothing bad to not be playing Center. 

Kalil was a grab the news headlines signing. 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Harrison did nothing bad to not be playing Center. 

Kalil was a grab the news headlines signing. 

Harrison is stop gap at best.

He is called "middling" period, not a knock but the truth.

When looking this as it is, Harrison is not even in the same zip code as HOFer Kevin Mawae or Nick Mangold for example.

If you can potentially upgrade from a player like Harrison you try and don't look back!

40 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

They are obviously giving Ryan Kalil one more chance. 

IMO if he fails this time, he is out

I agree. They look like they are giving him one more chance to get it going before Sam comes back. Maybe they hold Sam out one more week after the Eagles game to get Harrison some time with the re-vamped OL.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

They are obviously giving Ryan Kalil one more chance. 

IMO if he fails this time, he is out

This seems likely.  I think Kalil was hurried into starting when he was clearly not ready to play at game speed.  But it's been several weeks now, and if he's bad this week the Jets need to just move on.

Regardless, a C should be drafted in round 2 or 3 next year.  I really hope the Jets grab an OT in the first round next year.  The upcoming draft looks to have a few good ones with first round value.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Most feel he's just getting himself into game shape.  He came into camp at game weight but that was after rushing to put the weight back on after losing it in retirement.  Game shape and game weight are two different things and I can only guess that they're trying to see what they have when and if he gets there.  Plus we can always sub in Harrison, like we did in the last game 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

When looking this as it is, Harrison is not even in the same zip code as HOFer Kevin Mawae or Nick Mangold for example.

If you can potentially upgrade from a player like Harrison you try and don't look back!

He is better than Kalil who's better days are behind him. 

• Upvote 1

Yes. I agree. If I remember correctly Harrison sucked and the Jets got Long. He couldn’t hike the ball and Harrison finished up the season. I don’t think Harrison is the answer at center this week. Maybe next week he will be until the Jets can land a decent center. Paradis  would have been the answer but for some reason it wasn’t a priority at least in Macoffee’s opinion. Would have like Khalil Mack at D-End too but that’s another story for another day.

I’m hoping Kalil can get his sh*t together and play well. Could be he’s not used to the scheme or he’s washed up. I’m willing to give him one more week to determine one way or the other.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine spending a fifth round pick and $11 million dollars on *Raiders* castoff Kelechi Osemele, who sucks, and still being upset about throwing a few bucks at Ryan Kalil

i don’t know what’s worst him sucking or him still being the best Lineman on the team still Lol