Redemption time!!!! PBL (Patriot Ball Licker) botchup

Thinker

haha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

here is Another Peter King PBL (Patriots Ball Licker) botchup.

the Pats play the steelers at heinz, and because PBL hates the JETS so much he would'nt want to say that the JETS/PATS would be exciting. when everyone I talk to admits that the JETS are the front runners to the opener with San Diago a close second.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cnnsi-notesfromparadi&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

KAPALUA, Hawaii -- Greetings from an overcast Eden. For the first time since 1987, the NFL has chosen to have its annual meetings at the end of the earth, here in Maui. There's a crowd of 800 or so NFL employees and family members, all trying to avoid the reportorial vermin patrolling the posh hotel lobby and pool, a Kerry Collins spiral from the Pacific Ocean.

About all I can tell you that has some news value is I hear the NFL is close to choosing the annual Thursday night season-opener, and it would be a doozy. The Colts, lucky for them, won't be the victims fed to the wolves in Foxboro. Instead -- and this is not final -- the league is leaning toward a rematch of the AFC Championship Game, reversing the site. The Sept. 8 game could be the Ben Roethlisberger redemption bowl: Pittsburgh at New England. The league has begun a tradition of the Super Bowl champion opening at home on a Thursday, and this is likely the most attractive foe (other than the Colts, perhaps) on New England's home slate.

I love the game. Imagine if Ty Law takes a Pittsburgh offer in the coming months to play cornerback. Law's still rehabbing the foot he broke at Pittsburgh last fall, and he's not going to make the money he thought he would in free agency. But the Chiefs are laying in the weeds, and their fans will verbally skin president/GM Carl Peterson alive if he doesn't bolster the secondary with a name player before training camp. I expect Law to go to Kansas City (if not, the underachieving Charles Woodson), but if the Chiefs drop the ball, the Jets, Steelers or Seahawks will be there to pick it up. The Law-to-Pittsburgh scenario, though, would make this an incredible matchup -- Law trying to foil the man he called a liar during negotiations last year, Bill Belichick, and Law trying to pick the pocket of the phenom quarterback he played in practice for five years, Tom Brady.

Aside from that, it's a slow week, which no one seems to mind. There's Bill Cowher, stopping by the coffee urns, pulling for North Carolina State, successfully, in the waning moments against UConn. Bob Kraft, in his Patriots shorts and polo shirt, heading for the workout room. Jerry Angelo and Terry Bradway, sweating the mainland out in the workout room. The FOX TV guys, heading out for a round of golf. Jim Haslett, getting in some pool time ... the families of sons-of-NFL-royalty Jonathan Kraft and Stephen Jones playing touch football, Camelot-like, on the carpet of a lawn. Kraft scoring and doing an exaggerated Terrell Owens-wing-flapping display in the end zone. In short, one of the few leisure times this league has each year.

This league meeting could set a record for meaninglessness. "Smallest packet of scheduled stuff I remember getting at a league meeting,'' Indy coach Tony Dungy told me yesterday afternoon in the lobby. Some discussion of future Super Bowls (ho-hum), some minor tinkering with instant replay (ho-hum); some around-the-lobby-but-no-voting discussion on Reggie Fowler's ownership candidacy with Minnesota; a (scary, from what I can tell) update on the stalled negotiations with the players over a new collective bargaining agreement; and an update on TV negotiations with the networks.

I'm sitting in the lobby in mid-afternoon, staking out the joint with Sports Illustrated's Paul Zimmerman, wondering where Monday Morning Quarterback's going to come from. "Come on, Zim,'' I said. "Help me. I've got to find something for Monday Morning Quarterback.'' "There's Tony Dungy,'' Zimmy said. "How's he going to find a way to beat the Patriots?'' Ah, Zimmy. The Sage.

There was one thing I'd wanted to ask Dungy since the 20-3 divisional playoff loss at Foxboro in January: How did he feel about the Patriots choosing not to cover the Gillette Stadium turf during a sleety, rainy week leading up to the game? Was that, in his mind, home-field-advantage gone mad? The Patriots are more comfortable with a slow, plodding game. The Colts like the game on the carpet or on a fast surface. By not covering the field during the week and ensuring the game would be played in a bog, New England's power running game and its suspect secondary would both have an edge over the Colts. And should the league take over field management during playoff weeks to ensure a quality pitch for both teams?

"No, I don't see anything wrong with what they did,'' he said. "To me, that's what home-field advantage is all about. There aren't any rules on the books about field management before a playoff game, so that's part of the mystique of winning home-field in the playoffs. We're not going to sit here and make excuses about the condition of the field.''

Noble. But if I were the Colts, I'd be putting forth a bylaw this week asking for the league to oversee field preparation for all playoff games.

Now about beating the Patriots ...

"We're going to have to go there again this year,'' Dungy said, referring to the schedule-maker's cruel trick. It'll be the fourth straight New England-Indy meeting in Foxboro (two in the playoffs). "And eventually we're going to have to get over that hump. But I look at it the way Chuck Noll used to look at big games: You never approach a season thinking there's only one opponent you've got to beat.

"We've played them twice during the regular season in the last two years with a chance to win at the end, and if we won, we'd have played them at home in the playoffs. Both times we're at the 1-yard line late in the game with a chance to score and win. Two years ago, in Indianapolis, they stopped us at the goal line, and we couldn't get in. Last year, in the Thursday night game at their place, we fumbled the ball and didn't get in. Now the question is: How do we win enough games to get back to that point this year?''

I said to him: "When Edgerrin James fumbled in the fourth quarter in that game last year, I thought, 'There goes home field for the Colts.'''

"I thought that right after the game,'' Dungy said. "For us to have won home field, we'd have had to win two more games than New England the rest of the way. And we knew New England was so good they'd probably win 12 or 13 games at least, so we'd have had to be perfect to avoid the prospect of playing them in Foxboro in the playoffs. It just didn't work out.''

:lol:

the Pats play the steelers at heinz, and because PBL hates the JETS so much he would'nt want to say that the JETS/PATS would be exciting. when everyone I talk to admits that the JETS are the front runners to the opener with San Diago a close second.

If they schedule that game, I guarantee it's a 27-3 Patriot blow-out. No way should they do that to ruin Roethlisberger's already shaky confidence this early on.

There is no way they get this game the steelers play them at Heinz, and the opener has to be at the SB winners HOME

untitled-2_copy3649.jpg

9. I think the Jets are dumbfounded, as I am, that John Abraham, who can't stay healthy for a full season and isn't consistently productive when he does play, is grousing about being tagged a franchise player. Kid, take the guaranteed dough and be happy you're getting it.

best part of the article, right there he hit it head on wit that one

Are you kidding me?

A Pats/Jets matchup or a Pats/Steelers. :shock:

Not even close.

they've only been doing the thursday night opener for 2 years now so there is no history on what they want, ithink they just want an intriguing matchup

Here is the scoop from an NFL Press Release on Sept. 7, 2004:

On Thursday night, the NFL will kick off its 85th season with a rematch of the 2003 AFC Championship Game when the Super Bowl XXXVIII champion New England Patriots play host to the Indianapolis Colts at Gillette Stadium. The game will be televised live on ABC at 9 p.m. ET.

The night also will mark the birth of an NFL tradition. The NFL's season-opening event and first game of the season will be held each year at the home of the Super Bowl champion and linked to the next Super Bowl, which this season will be played in Jacksonville, Fla., on Feb. 6, 2005."

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7654248

My money is on a Pats/Indy re-match. Last years opener with these two at Gillette was awesome.

I'm thinking either the Chargers or Jets will be coming to town to open up the season on Thursday Night. Colts/Pats will be on MNF later in the year.

I 'dunno know 'bout that. What is more compelling? Indy/Pats or Jets/Pats? Chargers/Pats? What will this game mean? Dwight has something to prove?

I just can't see the NFL doing Colts/Pats again. That's a game that should be saved for later in the season

My money is on a Pats/Indy re-match. Last years opener with these two at Gillette was awesome.

Garb, Pats/Colts won't happen again this year.

Polian screamed bloody murder last year because the Colts had to open in Foxboro.

The NFL will give that baby what he wants.

If The NFL changes The Steelers home game vs The Pats to a home game for New England. That goes to show you how much pull Bob Kraft has.

It's stupid. Send the champs back into Pittsburgh so they can beat up on them again.

I don't want to see Colts-Pats again. I am bored with watching a grown man crap his pants like Manning does every time he plays New England.

If I wanted to see that, I could go to an old-age home or Savage's house.LOL

Colts-Pats games are good advertisements for Depends.

If The NFL changes The Steelers home game vs The Pats to a home game for New England. That goes to show you how much pull Bob Kraft has.

It's stupid. Send the champs back into Pittsburgh so they can beat up on them again.

I don't want to see Colts-Pats again. I am bored with watching a grown man crap his pants like Manning does every time he plays New England.

If I wanted to see that, I could go to an old-age home or Savage's house.LOL

Colts-Pats games are good advertisements for Depends.

As a season ticket holder I hope the Pats open in Pittsburgh. I hate Thursday games. The less night games the better.

I just read the SI column (at SI.com) and it says AT Pittsburgh, not AT New England. Which, quite frankly, is complete bullsh*t. Shouldn't the SB banner be unveiled on the opener in the reigning champs house??

They aren't going to put the Patriots and Colts on the opener for the second straight year. That would piss a lot of people off. It will be the Patriots against one of their home opponents. However, the NFL will NOT change the Steelers/Pats game to New England. To even think they could do that AND get away with it is ludicrous. The Steelers would raise ten ways of Hell about that and it would also have a domino effect of screwing up schedules across the NFL. The home/away parts of the schedule are already complete. They won't be changed just so the Patriots and Steelers can open the season.

Archived