***OFFICIAL JETS GAME DAY THREAD:EAGLES ARE ENDANGERED***

T0mShane

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

No one should ever again defend letting a pro bowl kicker walk over money. 

It was stupid when it occurred, and the results confirms the stupidity.

We couldn’t afford the less than $4mil/year to resign Myers. We needed the cap space for Leo and his reasonable $14.2mil option. This is smart roster management......

• Upvote 3

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Btw, Ed Oliver and Dexter Lawrence are making plays left and right for their teams. Where is Quinnen Williams today? Or is the excuse going to be that he's being double teamed like Leonard Williams also?

He's being triple-teamed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

At this point you can't defend Gase. There is no logic to trying a field goal. Even the most ardent rationalizing of Gase terrible play calls and ability would have a hard time defending that

Why not try..................................... PUNTING!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

IIRC, that year the Jets actually were competitive most games in the first half, but fell apart after halftime.  So, they may actually have been fairly well prepared during the week, but were blown away by other teams' halftime adjustments.

I might be misremembering that, though.  Been a few years.

You’re not, not to mention they played very tough schedules when Kotite was coach.

This is the worst I’ve seen the Jets....EVER.

I really don’t know how you “rebuild” this team. It’s like the whole plane went down with the team on it, these aren’t NFL players.

Disgusted if the Q Williams pick busts.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It was stupid when it occurred, and the result confirms the stupidity.

I don’t think he makes it either.  Terribly hard kick into the wind.  So dumb to try.  So dumb 

• Upvote 2

I stand by what i said months ago. I think i'm being proven right. To allow an arrogant, ego-maniac who's three years head coaching experience ended in failure, to dictate who runs the front office, was the end of the season right there. this isn't about Mac, the GM, it's about a horrible owner allowing what transpired to transpire..

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It was stupid when it occurred, and the result confirms the stupidity.

yeah that's the missing ingredient...  Jason Meyers...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We’ve reached the point in the dialogue where Todd Bowles was an under-appreciated coach who got the best out of his talent. Good stuff 

Todd Bowles is a complete sh*tbag and sucked. Gase is proving to be complete sh*t as well. He was left a TERRIBLE roster but has not shown anything in regards to adjustments or decisions like that field goal against the wind. I was willing to give him a chance but this issue is becoming glaring and very concerning. 

• Upvote 1

We’ve reached the point in the dialogue where Todd Bowles was an under-appreciated coach who got the best out of his talent. Good stuff 

Well the idea that an offensive minded HC and a QB were going to save the franchise was always dumb. You need a head coach who can prepare the entire team as well as 53 very good football players.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, genot said:

I stand by what i said months ago. I think i'm being proven right. To allow an arrogant, ego-maniac who's three years head coaching experience ended in failure, to dictate who runs the front office, was the end of the season right there. this isn't about Mac, the GM, it's about a horrible owner allowing what transpired to transpire..

Yup I found it unbelievable that people were throwing rose petals at Cj for not firing bowles and mac at the same time, then letting peyton manning choose his coach and then letting his coach choose the next gm.

The Johnsons are both utterly clueless and CJ is worse than woody.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah definitely agree with this as well. Bowles just didnt have the players. Probably why they jumped out to huge leads and lost them.

it like how do you want to die; cancer or heart attack

Bowles could not develop players or make any in game adjustments - both are terrible HC's

this is a disgrace but not different then the last 6 years - with potential exception of the Fitz magic mirage

I love the whole Gase need certian players for his system talk. If you created the players exactly how Gase wants them from thin air and everything went smooth. That offense would be completing passed to the line of scrimmage and losing even worse because g Williams wouldn't be around with that def. Good Lord Gase sucks. This guy should be fired after today. 

Any chance Joe does something

• Upvote 2