Jets Expected To Be Sellers At Trade Deadline

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well it’s interesting because maybe it’s the 3rd rebuild but I argue we never got remotely close to being built. I think we are in year 7 of the rebuild which technically started with Idzik. The rebuild never ended. 

This. It’s been one long consecutive rebuild. None of the prior “starts of a rebuild” took us anywhere, in fact we got worse with each one.

Rex/Tanny rebuild: post-Mangini roster was bleak.

Rex/Idzik rebuild: some thought it couldn’t get worse.

Biwles/Mac rebuild: found a way to be worse.

Gase/Mac rebuild: bottomed out in about 3 months without any actual football.

Gase/Douglas rebuild: 2 guys collecting check and scratching their heads.

If the Jets traded Adams there would be a fan revolt..  The overwhelming majority of Jet fans aren't like the 5 or 6 dorks on this site constantly whining about one of, if not the, best players in the league at his position.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Yea, what to we have to sell?. Our best 2 players are our punter and long snapper. Can we get even a 3-4th rounder for Leo or Robby?. We can then just promote up someone from the practice squad in their place that won't be much of a droppoff.

Bell is  worth a 1st rounder plus more. Chiefs are going to be knocking on our door to get past the Pats. 

48 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

If they trade Le'V Bell, I will... I will...

I don't effing know...

If I haven't disowned this stupid franchise yet, I probably never will.

He is one of only two reasons they are worth watching right now.  And the other has mono.  But the guy with mono needs him... not just this year, but next year too.

Bell, Mosley are the only 2 platters worth a sh*t. Darnold is a question mark. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Pac said:

If the Jets traded Adams there would be a fan revolt..  The overwhelming majority of Jet fans aren't like the 5 or 6 dorks on this site constantly whining about one of, if not the, best players in the league at his position.

Nobody is giving you much for him. Safeties don't change teams, not in either way. And you can sign Eric Weddle or the Honey Badger every offseason. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Nobody is giving you much for him. Safeties don't change teams, not in either way. And you can sign Eric Weddle or the Honey Badger every offseason. 

If you thought that Jamal could get you to or close to the Super Bowl and were expecting to pick at the bottom of each round, a 1st round pick for 2.5 years of him, 1.5 years on his rookie rate, is not a ridiculous price

1 minute ago, Pac said:

star wars wink GIF by Hyper RPG

The last safety that was traded midseason was?Heck, why would anyone trade much of anything for a position that doesn't really impact the team much either way. And Jets fans would riot because they traded a safety? Oooookkay!

I don't hate Adams; .he's a solid safety, but that's the point, he's a safety. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

If you thought that Jamal could get you to or close to the Super Bowl and were expecting to pick at the bottom of each round, a 1st round pick for 2.5 years of him, 1.5 years on his rookie rate, is not a ridiculous price

The team that might think a safety is the missing link/keystone to a deep playoff run would be...take your time here. Brings again to the fore how utterly f___ed the Jets' drafts have been for a decade. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

Leo isnt a star, is a disappointment considering where he was picked, and is not an impact pass rusher.

But he is excellent against the run, and if there is a team that needs help in that area to contend for a SB run, he is worth a 3rd round pick. 

Leo is excellent against the run, he has 7 total tackles all year, You have got to be kidding me, are you watching the games at all?

giphy.gif

People need to understand also that even if the Jets have to cut some players to move from their salary that's a good thing. The fact is, this team really doesn't have any talent. Mac cut everyone that had talent and wasted draft choice after draft choice on talentless nobodies. We're essentially rebuilding from square one. That's a really harsh and depressing reality we are going to have to acknowledge.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Lets be real, only two players are worth any significant Picks, Adams and Bell.

I'm not going to surprised when Adams gets traded and even Bell.

No ones giving anything up for Leo, may be Robbie Anderson who's done jack sh*t. This is a Kotite level football team, without the bonus of having Wayne Chrebet.

Well at least the change of Uniforms as worked out well...

• Upvote 1

Trade Bell.

Trade Mosely.

Trade Adams, definitely.

Trade any player currently on the roster making alot.

This entire franchise should just be broken up and given to another owner in City tbqh, maybe they'd do better.  They couldn't do worse.

But since that won't happen, sell it all, start from square one.  Keep Darnold, maybe, and build around him and what he is good at.

But Gase, he's got to go.  Bring in a real Head Coach ffs.  Before he gets Darnold killed and ruins him for life.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Trading Leo makes sense.  He won't be back next year, and we are likely going to be a net importer of FA again, so we won't get any comp picks back for him. 

Of course he has vastly diminished his value at this point, so I don't expect that we get a Sheldon Richardson like haul for him.  Maybe a 4th rounder if we eat some of his salary?

Other than that, we don't have much that we can trade.  Anderson won't get much....  Tru won't get much (even if we eat most of his salary).  A firesale that probably won't have many takers.

3 hours ago, Pac said:

deshaun watsons texans put up 52, we have jamal adams! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hael said:

Trading Leo makes sense.  He won't be back next year, and we are likely going to be a net importer of FA again, so we won't get any comp picks back for him. 

Of course he has vastly diminished his value at this point, so I don't expect that we get a Sheldon Richardson like haul for him.  Maybe a 4th rounder if we eat some of his salary?

Other than that, we don't have much that we can trade.  Anderson won't get much....  Tru won't get much (even if we eat most of his salary).  A firesale that probably won't have many takers.

Trade Leo for what? - A bag of chips, no ones signing him he’s on 14 mill per.