Jets Expected To Be Sellers At Trade Deadline

If we eat the salary we can probably get a 3rd for Leo, a 6th for KO and a conditional 7th next year for Trumaine. Williamson can probably fetch a 3rd when he’s healthy again. The guys that’ll actually return some value are Adams and Bell. Bell is tradable after the season so I’m sure it can be worked out. That would suck because he’s the only player on this team worth a damn.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Trade: Robbie, Leo, Adams, and whatever else you can to dump 2020 salary and get as many picks on Rounds 1-3 as possible

I'd trade any or all of those three but *only* if we get fair value.

Robbie - 3rd round

Leo - 2nd round

Adams 2nd (2020) and a 2nd (2021)

And I wouldn't eat any of their salaries as part of the deal.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jamal Adams.  Makes perfect sense to move him to a contending team.  

Definitely. We need 2 #1 picks to allocate to the OL. Thomas the Alabamie LT, take the next best OL prospect with the other #1. Sign Schreff, trade for Trent Williams. Get it done JD.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Definitely. We need 2 #1 picks to allocate to the OL. Thomas the Alabamie LT, take the next best OL prospect with the other #1. Sign Schreff, trade for Trent Williams. Get it done JD.

No one in the NFL is giving us a #1 draft pick for any player on the NY Jets. 

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Lets be real, only two players are worth any significant Picks, Adams and Bell.

I'm not going to surprised when Adams gets traded and even Bell.

No ones giving anything up for Leo, may be Robbie Anderson who's done jack sh*t. This is a Kotite level football team, without the bonus of having Wayne Chrebet.

Well at least the change of Uniforms as worked out well...

Actually there's a third, but everyone is tap dancing around the elephant in the room.

Next season will be Darnold's third. By the end of it the Jets are going to have a decision. Should we pay him the 40+ million per year it's going to take to sign him to a second contract?

This has nothing to do with how Darnold would be performing. Lets say he's playing really well, but the team is still far from contending. Do you want to invest $250-300 million on him?

You want to tear this down again, moving the QB has to be in the conversation.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Actually there's a third, but everyone is tap dancing around the elephant in the room.

Next season will be Darnold's third. By the end of it the Jets are going to have a decision. Should we pay him the 40+ million per year it's going to take to sign him to a second contract?

This has nothing to do with how Darnold would be performing. Lets say he's playing really well, but the team is still far from contending. Do you want to invest $250-300 million on him?

Nobody wants to tear this thing down and think about replacing Sam Darnold but we may not have a choice. 

I hope things change quickly here. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I'd trade any or all of those three but *only* if we get fair value.

Robbie - 3rd round

Leo - 2nd round

Adams 2nd (2020) and a 2nd (2021)

And I wouldn't eat any of their salaries as part of the deal.

Fair value isn't just arbitrary picks/rounds you decide on. It's what the market dictates.

Value is predicated upon what someone is willing to pay. It has nothing to do with the original draft position. Saying "we used a first on Adams, so he's worth a first" is no different than saying "we used a second on Hackenberg, so he's worth a second". 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nobody wants to tear this thing down and think about replacing Sam Darnold but we may not have a choice. 

It doesn't matter how the team is playing either.

When the time comes to negotiate his second contract, Darnold will be what, 25? His contract will make the numbers Dak is looking for like chump change. He's going to let Mahomes set the market, then raise that bar a year later.

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I believe in the Darnold and Gase combo.

But your thought has crossed my mind too.   This roster is so bad.

We'll know in the final 8 games.

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It doesn't matter how the team is playing either.

When the time comes to negotiate his second contract, Darnold will be what, 25? His contract will make the numbers Dak is looking for like chump change. He's going to let Mahomes set the market, then raise that bar a year later.

Mahomes is on another level Dak and Sam are nowhere near. 

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

You need something of value in order to trade. We do not have anything of value outside Adam's and darnold, neither of which are going anywhere.

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I believe in the Darnold and Gase combo.

But your thought has crossed my mind too.   This roster is so bad.

We'll know in the final 8 games.

Ok lets say you guys are Joe Douglas. I'm Darnold's agent. I'm calling you at the end of next season, and here's what I'm telling you. 

"Joe, my client will be 25 at the end of his rookie deal. I'll give you a hometown discount if you get the deal done right now. 12 years and $500 million. You have your QB for his entire career, and Sam has the security he wants. Otherwise we test the market."

What do you do?

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Uh. They don’t have to make a decision on Sam until basically 2022. 

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Uh. They don’t have to make a decision on Sam until basically 2022. 

True. But the discussion is about tearing everything down, and rebuilding. People said we only had two players worth anything, Bell and Adams. I said Darnold is the 3rd nobody wants to mention.

How happy do you think he'd be if our roster looks worse next year then it does now, because we "got rid of anyone with value".

Even if he's ok with it, do you want to pay him a record breaking deal when he's the only good player on the team? Or do you add the kings ransom of picks he would bring back to the rebuild?

11 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You’d be crazy not to take any deal involving a 1 for Adams.

We’d find a way to replace his 15 tackles, 3 pass defenses, and 1 garbage time INT.

Sure whatever... He is an All-pro at his position and can play almost every position... he will fetch a #1 easy because years left on contract and how he grades at his position. 

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

True. But the discussion is about tearing everything down, and rebuilding. People said we only had two players worth anything, Bell and Adams. I said Darnold is the 3rd nobody wants to mention.

How happy do you think he'd be if our roster looks worse next year then it does now, because we "got rid of anyone with value".

Even if he's ok with it, do you want to pay him a record breaking deal when he's the only good player on the team? Or do you add the kings ransom of picks he would bring back to the rebuild?

Lol. I think you need to take a step back from this fantasy land of football make believe. Because it’s getting crazy. 

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Sure whatever... He is an All-pro at his position and can play almost every position... he will fetch a #1 easy because years left on contract and how he grades at his position. 

And yet, he still doesn’t make any plays that might alter the outcome of the games, nor has his presence improved the defense by way of standard or advanced metrics, or obviously, wins.

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol. I think you need to take a step back from this fantasy land of football make believe. Because it’s getting crazy. 

LOL gotcha., lets change the subject.

I'm curious. What do you think it will cost to sign Darnold to his second contract?

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Because they can get an average starter for a 4th round pick?

Teams generally try to use their 4th round picks to find average starters who stick around for years and don’t cost 14M.  I know this is foreign to the Jets, but it’s the way non-stupid teams operate.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You’d be crazy not to take any deal involving a 1 for Adams.

We’d find a way to replace his 15 tackles, 3 pass defenses, and 1 garbage time INT.

I liked how he was in on the tackle 3-yards deep in the endzone today after giving up the TD. #leadership

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You are right, it is a 3rd option. But for a team that has waited 50 years for a franchise QB to move him for a roll of the dice in draft picks would be my final straw.

The QB is so important, I believe we have that piece. Please for the love of my sanity don't throw it away for a lesser prospect.