Worse than Kotite

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

This team is 10X worse than the Jets of 1996. At least that team knew how to play football, they knew how to frigging score. This team? not so much. This is  a 1-win team only because the Dolphins are also that bad. I figure that they'll split the 2 games and flip a coin for the #1 pick. The Jets will lose that out and be forced into drafting the BPA who will happen to be a 350 Lb Nose tackle who will eventually be cut 2 years down the road. 

The ‘96 team lost a lot of close games against good teams

This team has played competitively week 1 and have looked like a division 3 college team ever since

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jet hustle said:

Honest question....   has our franchise reached our rock bottom?

Nothing has changed this week over last or the week before so I don't get the overreaction as if there is some escalation in suckage.  We have been dead in the water since going to QB2 and then QB3.  So however you felt after the Bills game is how you should feel right now. 

We have a defense.  Special teams are fine.  The players are playing hard for the coaching staff.  We need to get our QB1 back on the field, that is all.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nothing has changed this week over last or the week before so I don't get the overreaction as if there is some escalation in suckage.  We have been dead in the water since going to QB2 and then QB3.  So however you felt after the Bills game is how you should feel right now. 

We have a defense.  Special teams are fine.  The players are playing hard for the coaching staff.  We need to get our QB1 back on the field, that is all.

SAR I

Defense only gave up 17 and 7 of those were on INT that gave a short field... sh*t I don't know if Darnold can fix these Oline issues but there were times that falk had a ton of time and didn't get rid of the ball... Gun shy after the first few turnovers... 

a functional offense and the return of the best player on Defense is going to make a huge difference... Again, that is IF Darnold can make this a functional Offense.

I feel as though a good QB that could move the ball and not turn it over.... and score 2-3 TDs and they would win every game so far... The defense is getting a bad rap... They are playing almost the whole game with time of possession and with no hope on Offense and without there best player and still only giving up 17 points a game... 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Defense only gave up 17 and 7 of those were on INT that gave a short field... sh*t I don't know if Darnold can fix these Oline issues but there were times that falk had a ton of time and didn't get rid of the ball... Gun shy after the first few turnovers... 

a functional offense and the return of the best player on Defense is going to make a huge difference... Again, that is IF Darnold can make this a functional Offense.

I feel as though a good QB that could move the ball and not turn it over.... and score 2-3 TDs and they would win every game so far... The defense is getting a bad rap... They are playing almost the whole game with time of possession and with no hope on Offense and without there best player and still only giving up 17 points a game... 

This.  Thank you.

The silver lining in all of this is that we have a defense and we have a special teams, the coaching has kept the locker room together and the team is playing hard.

There isn't a coach on Earth who could make Luke Falk an NFL starter.  The coaches and players know this.  Today's game was lost weeks ago when Simean went down.  We wait for Darnold (and Mosley) to return, we give them a few games, and then we can draw conclusions.  This 'sky is falling' stuff is so SOJF.  It makes no logical sense.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jolot said:

There’s nothing that the Kotite Jets produced over a 4 week span that was worse than this , nothing , I saw very snap. 

Offensively absolutely but not so much on the defensive side. It sucks that we're comparing this team to that team but it has it's merits, even after only four games. Our lack of offense is record breaking at this point.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

865DE637-615E-4026-8DE5-256C05BFC047.gif

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

This.  Thank you.

The silver lining in all of this is that we have a defense and we have a special teams, the coaching has kept the locker room together and the team is playing hard.

There isn't a coach on Earth who could make Luke Falk an NFL starter.  The coaches and players know this.  Today's game was lost weeks ago when Simean went down.  We wait for Darnold (and Mosley) to return, we give them a few games, and then we can draw conclusions.  This 'sky is falling' stuff is so SOJF.  It makes no logical sense.

SAR I

Makes no logical sense. Hmmm... you can disagree, that’s fine, but there is 100x more evidence that we suck than that we can turn it around and make the playoffs. And by the way, many of us aren’t overreacting or freaking out. This is exactly what we expected: that this team would stink, and it does. If Bowles and Macc had it in them to construct a winner, they’d still be here. Will take a few years if JD is the answer. 5-10 years to try again if he is not.

• Post of the Week 1

I'm with @SAR I and @Skeptable on this. Our team looks significantly worse without Darnold and Mosley. I know that doesn't make us a playoff team but I'd have to imagine with Darnold we are at least pseudo competent.

Every game we don't have Sam is a game I'm comfortable not watching, or at least not taking very seriously. I'd imagine if Darnold was healthy today we'd have played Mosley. I'm confident our OL is in for a massive overhaul but we can't do anything of note until the off-season. Pay Scheriff a ton of money and hope you can land the LT from Georgia.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Makes no logical sense. Hmmm... you can disagree, that’s fine, but there is 100x more evidence than we suck than that we can turn it around and make the playoffs.

Good for you that you’re optimistic—but to say there is no logical sense to being pessimistic is ridiculous.

I'm not sure that was the intent of the post. I think he was merely talking about the Doom n Gloom SOJF. Yea we look pitiful and I agree we are far more likely to lose more games than win but I don't believe we are as bad as we have seen since Mosley got knocked out. 

I think this defense and special teams units are good enough to win games. It's just hard to grade the team when Falk is terrible.

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm not sure that was the intent of the post. I think he was merely talking about the Doom n Gloom SOJF. Yea we look pitiful and I agree we are far more likely to lose more games than win but I don't believe we are as bad as we have seen since Mosley got knocked out. 

I think this defense and special teams units are good enough to win games. It's just hard to grade the team when Falk is terrible.

The doom and gloomers are the elder statesmen of Jets fans, looking askance at young fans getting a Jets SB Champion tattoo in August with a mild, “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” At which point the young buck hisses, “What the Hell do you know, old man?” The old fan shrugs and smiles knowingly.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Jets are 21st in the league in passing yards surrendered. 7th in rushing yards surrendered. 12th in total yards surrendered overall. 26th in sacks. 8-way tie for 11th place in Interceptions. 

I wouldn't go crowning them the Monsters of Gotham quite yet. 

• Upvote 1

What’s the record lows for points scored in post 1980’s NFL? - This is the worst offence I’ve seen ever.

Sam is only one guy, no one can fix this sh*t show. It will be a miracle if they can even make this offence look functional this year. The line is the worst I’ve ever seen. I see no innovation at all, try rollouts, not anything from Gase.

No way is this guy the HC next year. The Johnson brothers will be running for the hills when we hit 0-7. They need a scape goat.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

What’s the record lows for points scored in post 1980’s NFL? - This is the worst offence I’ve seen ever.

Sam is only one guy, no one can fix this sh*t show. It will be a miracle if they can even make this offence look functional this year. The line is the worst I’ve ever seen. I see no innovation at all, try rollouts, not anything from Gase.

No way is this guy the HC next year. The Johnson brothers will be running for the hills when we hit 0-7. They need a scape goat.

Think you hit the nail on the head. A good coach figures out a way to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken S%it. Gase has shown zero attempt to remotely modify this offense with the loss of Sam. Hell, the reports that Sam took most of the first team reps this week is reprehensible and borderline irresponsible, unless he was seriously led to believe Sam was playing this week.

I mean this when I say it: As our franchise QB and hopeful stud who will turn this team around, I am truly concerned about his health as a player with this OL. Yes he's not Falk. He's faster and smarter with the football.....but this OL is a liability to not only the offense itself, but the personal safety of Sam and Bell. 

Easily the worst I can remember. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

How old are you...just asking.

Been a fan from the 60's, so I'm old as dirt. Saw a bunch of crumby football from this team and some very good. This team looks as lost as any I can remember. Hard to be optimistic when you can't pass the ball, run the ball or kick field goals. I'll keep watching because I love the Jets, but it's getting harder and harder to love a team that doesn't love you back.

• Upvote 1

Obviously darnold and Mosley not being on the field is a big hit that pretty much goes without saying, sure it is an excuse for losing games...missing two of your best players hurts especially when one is your quarterback. What is not excusable is how we are losing. We have lost the passed three games before they even started. Our players have given up before getting on the field. This is a reflection of poor coaching and poor (if any) gameplaning. It has quite honestly been some of the worst football I have ever seen from this team which is saying something. We could excuse the losses and write them off as being due to Mac's poor drafting and player evaluation but how do you write off the lack of effort and fire this team has shown since the start of the season. How do you write off the benching of one of our better (sadly) offensive linemen while to veterans who have allowed defenses to casually walk through to our quarterback hold their roster spots? It is inexcuseable and the blame though not solely has to start with gase.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app