Is Luke Falk the worst QB the Jets have put out on the field?

Just now, SAR I said:

"Hey Adam, I'm really sorry but even though everyone in the NFL looked as the schedule and thought you'd be 1-3 and you're instead 0-4, and even though you lost your first and second string quarterbacks, we're going to have to let you go."

And I bet you're the first one to call the Jets dysfunctional.

SAR I

Did you forget some of the transcript? I'm sure they mentioned his complete lack of off game plan. 

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, so Bill Belichick's third string quarterback would be lighting up the league.  Like how well his second stringer did against us two weeks ago.

If you hate Gase that's fine.  Judge him when he has his franchise quarterback and franchise LB in the game, savvy?

SAR I

Um game 1? Where we lost after like 4 turnovers

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

When did I say what's in bold? How about just come out throwing the ball against a team with a depleted secondary. Stop running Bell into the ground when the other team is expecting us to be running. Maybe stop being so predictable.

Sure, sounds good, so that the Monday Morning SOJF Victim Narrative can be "What an idiot, has a Top 5 running back and only gives him the ball 10 times".

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So if Adam Gase called your mom and asked her to start for us against the Eagles just by "whispering" to her he's going to make her an NFL starting quarterback?

Can he part the Red Sea?  Can he bring the dead back to life?

SAR I

Luke Falk is a pro athlete. Stop with the ridiculous comparisons. He was drafted by an NFL team. He played in college. If that's your argument you don't have one.

There's no reason for the offense to be this brutally awful. Look at Minshew and Allen for the Panthers and Jaguars. I'm not asking for Falk to even be that good. I get that even they are better than him. But the offense is completely inept. 

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Um game 1? Where we lost after like 4 turnovers

We had a 16 point lead which the defense blew.  Never hear a word about Gregg Williams and the Buffalo game.  No one loses a 16  point lead that late in the NFL.

SAR I

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Luke Falk is a pro athlete. Stop with the ridiculous comparisons. He was drafted by an NFL team. He played in college. If that's your argument you don't have one.

There's no reason for the offense to be this brutally awful. Look at Minshew and Allen for the Panthers and Jaguars. I'm not asking for Falk to even be that good. I get that even they are better than him. But the offense is completely inept. 

Mihshew and Allen are backup quarterbacks.  Second stringers.  You understand?  I can type it again if you need me to.

There are 64 quarterbacks that are qualified to play in the NFL.  There aren't 96.  Luke Falk is #93.

SAR I

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Mihshew and Allen are backup quarterbacks.  Second stringers.  You understand?  I can type it again if you need me to.

There are 64 quarterbacks that are qualified to play in the NFL.  There aren't 96.  Luke Falk is #93.

SAR I

The Steelers 3rd rounder, a rookie from FCS Level Samford, just lead a TD drive his first time touching an NFL Football in a regular season game. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Explain the 'position to succeed' that we're missing.  He tried some razzle dazzle and we were stopped for a loss.  Then he tried the 4th down aggression and the idiot QB threw a Pick 6.

How about there is no position to succeed when your mailman is your quarterback.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

His mailman. GASES mailman. HE brought him in. LOL. If hes soooooo bad, so obviously nonfunctional,  then why did Todd Gase waste so many reps and time on the kid in training camp, preseason, and practice squad? LOL

As far as mailmen go, I'd rather see Karl Malone back there...

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sure, sounds good, so that the Monday Morning SOJF Victim Narrative can be "What an idiot, has a Top 5 running back and only gives him the ball 10 times".

SAR I

Are you saying that Gase is coaching to the potential headlines?  As in "I'd better not start the game throwing the ball because Mehta will get on me for that"?

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I'm well aware of where Falk ranked on the Jets heading into the season. But that's just another excuse to defend Gase. So if the Jets didn't sign Siemien to be the backup and instead gave the job to Falk coming out training camp it would be ok to get on Gase? But because he was signed to the PS and then elevated to the main roster Gase gets a pass?

Again, I've been very clear that I'm not asking Gase to win these games, or asking Falk to be as good as Allen or Minshew. But the offense shouldn't look this inept. 

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

93 doesn't compete that last pass. Your only reason to think Falk sucks is because he hasn't produced wins. His talent is NFL quality. His off game plan let Gase is the only thing not NFL quality

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Completely wrong. I've given Gase credit when he's made decisions I agree with that don't work out. I'm not unreasonable. I just expect something other than ineptitude after a bye week when you are playing a team with a depleted secondary. 

Just now, ASH1962 said:

See Pittsburgh Steelers

The argument people are going to make is that we'd be so much better right now if we had Trevor Siemien playing QB instead of Falk. I'd bet we'd be slightly better at best. He looked like crap before he went out against Cleveland as well.

But it's an easy argument for them to make because the truth is we'll never know because he's done for the season. 

I thought he was terrible. And I felt after Sam sick he’d do a credible job. Based on preseason. Bart Scott on SNY said it was more on the oline even though he also trashed Falk. I felt while oline bad and they did at times bring in an extra blocker that Falk held onto the ball too long. Bart also killed the play calling. With a heavy pass rush needed more quick openers etc. Also with Gase we never see a hurry up. 

A 3rd string QB is not going to be successful with the personnel we have out there. I mean there's not a legit offensive player that we've drafted that was playing on that field today. We're truly lacking talent on the offensive side of the football right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

His Senior year foreshadowed all of this.  

It's crazy how much he regressed from his junior year to his senior year. He never had a great arm but he was deadly accurate and quick with his decisions during his junior campaign and then it all went to sh*t during his senior year and I watched at least a dozen of his games during those years.

20 minutes ago, Welp said:

A 3rd string QB is not going to be successful with the personnel we have out there. I mean there's not a legit offensive player that we've drafted that was playing on that field today. We're truly lacking talent on the offensive side of the football right now.

Except for Bell of course...

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Steelers 3rd rounder, a rookie from FCS Level Samford, just lead a TD drive his first time touching an NFL Football in a regular season game. 

Did you see the play? He had all day in the backfield and was throwing to Ju JU smith who was WIDE open. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

"Hey Adam, I'm really sorry but even though everyone in the NFL looked as the schedule and thought you'd be 1-3 and you're instead 0-4, and even though you lost your first and second string quarterbacks, we're going to have to let you go."

And I bet you're the first one to call the Jets dysfunctional.

SAR I

You’re wasting your breath. Lombardi couldn’t win with Falk as his QB.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, so Bill Belichick's third string quarterback would be lighting up the league.  Like how well his second stringer did against us two weeks ago.

If you hate Gase that's fine.  Judge him when he has his franchise quarterback and franchise LB in the game, savvy?

SAR I

Man youve turned into rayray19