Is Luke Falk the worst QB the Jets have put out on the field?

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Agreed, but in a bit of defense of JD and Gase here... Who would you sign and what money would you waste on a back-up QB for 2 games (and bring him up to speed on a playbook)... Siemian was that capable QB (Yes, I know he didn't show it). When he goes down in week 2, JD and Gase discuss that given the time frame they think they are working with Darnold, that he could be back week 5... meaning Falk only starts 1 game and all good in the hood. Unfortunately for everyone that is not what happened. He starts now 2 games and the fans are now panicking. If Sam misses another game, the fans are going to riot.... but lets see what this team really is with there starter back there first.

That looked historically bad. Falk didn't look like he should have been on practice squad let alone the field. He didn't look right at all and he left him out there. Which is on Gase. To answer your question Kaepernick could probably win his case showing the game tape. This wasn't Gase's first look at Falk. I also don't think Gase was doing enough to help Falk succeed. While the trick play was nice and should have been done earlier. The one and only play Gase called which confused the defence was field goal attempt. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

No NFL team would ever consider they would lose both their QB1 and QB2 in the same week, it isn't a contingency they prepare for, there is no cap space for it, it just doesn't happen.

It's clear by the actions the team took last week regarding reps that they all thought Sam was going to get medical clearance and it shocked them when they didn't.  So there was no time to get another QB in here and prepare him.  This week, same situation, we'll know tomorrow if Sam is 'go' or not.  Besides, there aren't competent backup quarterbacks out there for the Jets to acquire.  Mark Sanchez is about it, and I'm not even kidding.

SAR I

@SAR I  COME ON MAN 

Paxton Lynch just signed today with the Steelers,Chad Kelly,Brock Osweiller,Johny Manziel are all on the street and 100x better than Luke Falk he's the worst i've ever seen play QB on the NY jets and i've seen some bad ones Bubby Brister,Rick Mirer,Jay Fieldler to name a few. 

GET THIS LUKE FALK THE FALK OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They guy who is insisting that the currently 0-4 and soon to be 0-6 Jets are playoff bound is saying others are making irrational arguments. ?Too funny.

It is rational to think that the Jets are still alive for the playoffs until they have their 7th loss.

It is irrational to think that an NFL owner would fire his head coach after 4 games, 3 of which with a QB that shouldn't be in the NFL.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  COME ON MAN 

Paxton Lynch just signed today with the Steelers,Chad Kelly,Brock Osweiller,Johny Manziel are all on the street and 100x better than Luke Falk he's the worst i've ever seen play QB on the NY jets and i've seen some bad ones Bubby Brister,Rick Mirer,Jay Fieldler to name a few. 

GET THIS LUKE FALK THE FALK OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carson Wentz, Tom Brady, and the last two Super Bowl defenses weren't going to lose to any of those bums on your list and all it would have done is cost Sam reps last week and we wind up in the same place just with a rust Darnold instead of a sharp one.

What gets Falk out of here is Darnold.  No QB on the unemployment line or buried on other rosters is going to save this season.  The Jets had to choose between prepping Darnold or prepping Falk and they made the right decision last week.  Sam is ready to roll.  Two weeks of cardio and sim games, two weeks of practices with the starters.  No rust.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Snook said:

That looked historically bad. Falk didn't look like he should have been on practice squad let alone the field. He didn't look right at all and he left him out there. Which is on Gase. To answer your question Kaepernick could probably win his case showing the game tape. This wasn't Gase's first look at Falk. I also don't think Gase was doing enough to help Falk succeed. While the trick play was nice and should have been done earlier. The one and only play Gase called which confused the defence was field goal attempt. 

It did look historical bad, I agree. Falk was overmatched and Gase didn't redesign the playbook for him... Agreed... Gase takes blame on that... But if you see earlier posts I had from yesterday from the Baldy breakdown... There were plenty of guys open in the windows created, Falk just didn't throw it.

Kaepernick hasn't played a down in what 4 years??? And magically he is going to come in, in 2 weeks and be ready to run an offense with a playbook he has never been a part of?? And how much are you going to pay Kap for this 2 game tryout? hmm... 15+ Mill like he wants and what he walked away from in SF because he wanted more?

Falk looked capable in preseason and in the Browns game, there were guys open... As I showed.  There were trick plays but you can't base the whole offense off gimmick plays... you have to have normal plays too... And most Gimmick plays you need the Oline to hold their block EVEN LONGER... Are you kidding me with this arm chair analysis... There is no basis here of any facts.

Kyle Shanahan ... Highly touted offensive guru... went 4-12 when his QB went down... Now he is undefeated with his QB... Yet any coach worth a grain of salt could win when their starting QB goes down... WTF is wrong with people...

Not saying Gase is as good as Kyle or not... That is not the point... One of the best offensive coaches in the league couldn't win when he lost his QB... The Jets lost 2... give me a break

• Upvote 1

On 10/6/2019 at 3:10 PM, CSNY said:

Falk is bad. Bubby Brister was worse 

On 10/6/2019 at 3:11 PM, Nick Blitz said:

I can't think of one, even Brooks Bollinger had some TDs

I've seen a lot of bad Jets football in my life.  The only guy who rates worse than Falk that I've ever seen play is Al Woodall.  His career rating of 60.3 is lower than Falk's 62.4.  Brister (72.3) and Bollinger (74.6) had some semblance of being able to function at an NFL level.  For younger fans, Geno's career 72.7 gives some perspective how bad Woodall was...

5 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I've seen a lot of bad Jets football in my life.  The only guy who rates worse than Falk that I've ever seen play is Al Woodall.  His career rating of 60.3 is lower than Falk's 62.4.  Brister (72.3) and Bollinger (74.6) had some semblance of being able to function at an NFL level.  For younger fans, Geno's career 72.7 gives some perspective how bad Woodall was...

Al Woodall was bad is career completion 48.9% but at least he ran for his life if I remember correctly, Luke Falk doesn't move. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Al Woodall was bad is career completion 48.9% but at least he ran for his life if I remember correctly, Luke Falk doesn't move. 

Al Woodall accomplished that with Dave Herman, Randy Rasmussen, John Schmidt and Winston Hill playing in front of him...

On 10/7/2019 at 5:27 PM, SAR I said:

And you can say this why?  Because, like any other head coach in the NFL, the Jets can't win games with a pastry chef at quarterback?

Our D played very well against Allen, Mayfield, and Wentz.  We are very good against the run.  Our ST gives us good field position.  Our K appears to have been corrected too.  Our only problem is our O and no O can possibly look good with a third-string QB.  If Sam Darnold is the FQB we think he is he's about to show it.  I'm very excited about Sunday.  You should be too.

SAR I

Because we’re 0-4 and if Sam doesn’t get back by the Miami game we’ll be 0-8. Even is he does get back earlier, this OL sucks the big one and this offense isn’t good enough to beat the likes of the Boys, Pats and Jags. That’s is why.

He's about the talent of a third stringer? I'm not sure what anyone was expecting? Is he awful? YES. Undoubtedly. However, he's also forced to with the least talented roster in football today. I mean when does MacCagnan 's dirty misdeeds over the last 4 years come into this conversation? He assembled this roster. So you can say what you'd like about Luke Falk his job is impossible. There's no way, under these circumstances, that he can win.

• Upvote 1

yes he is probably the worst-he was the guy gase picked not once but twice -he was a dolphin last year

Gase sung his praises as well

“He knows the offense, he trusts the guys around him. He does a good job communicating everything. Very quick on his feet, very smart. I think he does a good job staying within the play. He executes what we’re asking to do well. And he can get us out of bad plays as well.”

• Upvote 1

Just now, kmnj said:

yes he is probably the worst-he was the guy gase picked not once but twice -he was a dolphin last year

Gase sung his praises as well

“He knows the offense, he trusts the guys around him. He does a good job communicating everything. Very quick on his feet, very smart. I think he does a good job staying within the play. He executes what we’re asking to do well. And he can get us out of bad plays as well.”

Reminds of the former HC who used to say "he gives us the best chance to win" 

42 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Because we’re 0-4 and if Sam doesn’t get back by the Miami game we’ll be 0-8. Even is he does get back earlier, this OL sucks the big one and this offense isn’t good enough to beat the likes of the Boys, Pats and Jags. That’s is why.

You will be a wallflower your whole life and never amount to anything.

SAR I