Just make G Williams the head coach already

From a practical perspective, I think there's no way Gase gets the hook this year.  I heard some Jet reporter (Brian Costello I think) mention that the Johnsons wouldn't want to pay a 3rd HC (Bowles, Gase and the next guy) along with 2 GMs (Macc, Joe D).  I think CJ committed to Gase and it would look beyond idiotic if he fired him this early into his tenure (that's probably true anytime this season and probably most of next season too).

Also, keep in mind that Gase essentially hired Joe D.  I highly doubt Joe D would give the go-ahead for this.  He'll probably tell CJ something like "give us a couple of years to get our players in here and then decide".  And the clock won't really start on Joe D he's given a full offseason to mold the team.

Now that the above has been discussed, I still think it's too early to judge Gase.  Yes we look horrible again right now but the reason he's here is to work with Sam, who played in 1 game and he almost certainly wasn't himself that day.  

This team will go as far as Sam can take us.  But he has to be on the field (and no exhausted from mono) to find out how far that is.  I think this year is in the toilet because Sam is going to be weak even when he does come back. 

Ideally we can use this season to find out about other players we have.  So far, the early returns are embarrassingly bad.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

I do want to add that the "crazy Gase" factor could very well come into play when we start 0-6 or 0-7.   He could explode in some unforeseen way and that could change everything.  If that were to happen, we would go straight to the back pages as the circus (for the 2nd time this year).

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

....yes, because the head coach you loved last month suddenly is garbage because he can't make an offense work with a grocery bagger at quarterback.

You guys are geniuses.

SAR I

You loved him. I just tried to accept the fact that the Johnson's made this loser the face of the franchise.

downloadfile-5.gif.c4b6f6652f05152dc9a5802fa8a3182f.gif

And dont tell me about Darnold. Kid that can't stay on the field ain't the face of anything. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

....yes, because the head coach you loved last month suddenly is garbage because he can't make an offense work with a grocery bagger at quarterback.

You guys are geniuses.

SAR I

I like alot of other was willing to buy in. Reality set in and I realized that it was foolish to over look at the evidence that Gase was trash. The least of which is his history. Just look at what he has done here.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You loved him. I just tried to accept the fact that the Johnson's made this loser the face of the franchise.

And dont tell me about Darnold. Kid that can't stay on the field ain't the face of anything. 

Now I know who I'm dealing with.

Thank you for making it so clear.  Stay off the meth.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Now I know who I'm dealing with.

Thank you for making it so clear.  Stay off the meth.

SAR I

Son, please. You are always wrong.  And when this team goes 4-12, you'll disappear again until next preseason,  then pop up to start shilling for the Jets, making stupid claims again, and be wrong. Again.

Lather, rinse, repeat. 

And I'm the one on Meth? LOL. GTFO.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Man I'm really hoping for a coaching change similar to what the browns did when thier head coach couldn't figure out how to use thier QB, RB offensive players..

If only we had a good coach  in House that could succeed In a situation like that. 

Oh wait we do. We actually have the exact coach who did it last year for the browns.

U cant make this sh*t up.

G Williams could take over today and next week the offence would score 21 point next week and get a win.

Let's go Joe Douglas make it happen

Would Greg Williams take over with the qb picked number one overall too? Or does he have to keep the third string qb and do it? Just curious. 

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Son, please. You are always wrong.  And when this team goes 4-12, you'll disappear again until next preseason,  then pop up to start shilling for the Jets, making stupid claims again, and be wrong. Again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

And I'm the one on Meth? LOL. GTFO.

You aren't a Jets fan.  You're a SOJF hater.  There's no talking to someone like you.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

47 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Man I'm really hoping for a coaching change similar to what the browns did when thier head coach couldn't figure out how to use thier QB, RB offensive players..

If only we had a good coach  in House that could succeed In a situation like that. 

Oh wait we do. We actually have the exact coach who did it last year for the browns.

U cant make this sh*t up.

G Williams could take over today and next week the offence would score 21 point next week and get a win.

Let's go Joe Douglas make it happen

This is never going to happen, Gase is Douglas's lapdog, or vice versa

22 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

What make use think GW would even think about taking this team. Maybe they said hey we are going to can Gase, and he said, then I will quit - this team is a career killer.

Besides a quarter million bump up in salary and the fact that it’s the only HC job he can probably get?

I have no idea 

Just now, Philc1 said:

Besides a quarter million bump up in salary and the fact that it’s the only HC job he can probably get?

I have no idea 

He probably figure he can get more out of bell and the offense by simply not being a total failure as a coach. He probably thinks he could have a pretty good off with the peices we have.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He probably figure he can get more out of bell and the offense by simply not being a total failure as a coach. He probably thinks he could have a pretty good off with the peices we have.

Honestly the only way to avoid wasting the next 3 years is fire Gase and Douglas now and promote Williams and hire a real GM and the Johnsons promise never to meddle

The Johnsons are too dumb to go after McCarthy or Harbaugh 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Look you don’t fire a guy after 4 games. 3 of them without your starting Qb. The one game we had him the Jets were competitive. But the team might be better with Williams. He did a good job with the Browns last year with him. They won some games. I disagree with firing Gase. Even though I think he inherited talent. More than we’re seeing on the field now. Give him the season probably two. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look you don’t fire a guy after 4 games. 3 of them without your starting Qb. The one game we had him the Jets were competitive. But the team might be better with Williams. He did a good job with the Browns last year with him. They won some games. I disagree with firing Gase. I thought he inherited talent. More than we’re seeing on the field now. Give him the season probably two. 

fire Gase Black Monday next January 

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Don’t worry if the Johnsons are smart they fire Gase Black Monday next January 

You are delusional if you think Gase is getting fired after this year. I don't care if they go 0-16, he aint going anywhere. But you are free to dream.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You guys are geniuses.

SAR I

No one loved him but you and your lackeys(whom ever they may be).

4 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

You are delusional if you think Gase is getting fired after this year. I don't care if they go 0-16, he aint going anywhere. But you are free to dream.

You’re only right because Woody and Chrissy are both total retards

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Luke Falk is awful. Isn't it also Gase's guy?

Doesn't matter who's "guy" Luke Falk is.  He's not an NFL quarterback.  He's awful.  You want Mark Sanchez?  I think he's the only experienced NFL quarterback that's out there to consider.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Meanwhile Kyle Allen and Garard Minshew look effective 

They are both backup quarterbacks.  QB2's.  Here's how it works:

32 starters - best in the business.

32 backups - has beens or youngsters with potential.

32 third-stringers - not NFL caliber, they call them "emergency" and "taxi" for a reason.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1