Just make G Williams the head coach already

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You take delight in the misery of other Jets fans and are part of the knee-jerk overreaction militia.  Just awful.

SAR I

No actually I marvel at the ridiculous way you ignore the facts and live in your alternate reality. Hope that works out for ya.

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

The head coach YOU loved last month.

I still love the head coach.  The team hasn't imploded.  The team is playing hard.  The D and the ST's are playing well enough to make the playoffs and there is a very valid reason why the O is poor.  Christian Hackenberg was our quarterback today.  He didn't play well.  Shocker.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

Just now, SAR I said:

I still love the head coach.  The team hasn't imploded.  The team is playing hard.  The D and the ST's are playing well enough to make the playoffs and there is a very valid reason why the O is poor.  Christian Hackenberg was our quarterback today.  He didn't play well.  Shocker.

SAR I

Hackenberg is better than Falk. 

• Thumb Down 1

You take delight in the misery of other Jets fans and are part of the knee-jerk overreaction militia.  Just awful.
SAR I
Is it really a knee jerk over reaction? The guy was a terrible coach in miami, his only true success came from Peyton manning who is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. You can make any excuse you want for him but let's put his 0-4 record aside and forget the fact that he hasn't won a game This year and reflect on the fact that he has yet to field a team that has looked competitive. Sure he lost darnold and Mosley and that sucks but the team giving up after week one is on him. The dolphins giving up and turning on their coach last year...on Gase. If the team came out and looked like they were outmatched but trying or if they looked like they had taken a handful of minutes out of their week to prepare then say this is a knee jerk reaction but our players don't even look like they want to try. There was more emotion and better gameplans on the field with Bowles as the coach and I thought thAt guy was clueless.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Is it really a knee jerk over reaction? The guy was a terrible coach in miami, his only true success came from Peyton manning who is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. You can make any excuse you want for him but let's put his 0-4 record aside and forget the fact that he hasn't won a game This year and reflect on the fact that he has yet to field a team that has looked competitive. Sure he lost darnold and Mosley and that sucks but the team giving up after week one is on him. The dolphins giving up and turning on their coach last year...on Gase. If the team came out and looked like they were outmatched but trying or if they looked like they had taken a handful of minutes out of their week to prepare then say this is a knee jerk reaction but our players don't even look like they want to try. There was more emotion and better gameplans on the field with Bowles as the coach and I thought thAt guy was clueless.

Outside of this forum the world sees Gase and the Jets as the victims of tough luck, they feel bad for Bell and Darnold, they see how back Falk is.  Mehta and Twitter trolled you too hard for too long.  Take a breath and reserve judgement until Darnold returns.

SAR I

19 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You loved him. I just tried to accept the fact that the Johnson's made this loser the face of the franchise.

downloadfile-5.gif.c4b6f6652f05152dc9a5802fa8a3182f.gif

And dont tell me about Darnold. Kid that can't stay on the field ain't the face of anything. 

My mom said the same thing I was shocked, but what does she know, she's a Steeler fan.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Outside of this forum the world sees Gase and the Jets as the victims of tough luck, they feel bad for Bell and Darnold, they see how back Falk is.  Mehta and Twitter trolled you too hard for too long.  Take a breath and reserve judgement until Darnold returns.

SAR I

bell made his own bed now he has to sleep in it

they will be bad when darnold is back -I actually fear the jets are on the path to ruining Sam-they gave him a bad line, below avg wrs and saddled him with a coach that runs a terrible offense-the only positive thing Sam has is bell around him

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Now that the above has been discussed, I still think it's too early to judge Gase.   

great 

now that the above has been discussed 

what kind of NFL coach in the year 2019 runs on first and second down? 

everyone in the stadium knows these play calls 

choosing to kick a 55 yarder FG into the wind on 4th and 4? 

why?! 

yes his players are injured but a so called offensive genius can be judged on how he handles basic HC situations 

there are 16 year olds with a madden controller who could call better plays 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

great 

why?! 

yes his players are injured but a so called offensive genius can be judged on how he handles basic HC situations 

and this was after the BYE... so he had an extra week to reflect on the offense and the situation.

FACT. Luke Falk is not Good

FACT. Falk was chosen by Gase

FACT. Gase did nothing to change/adjust in the case Darnold couldn't come back

FACT. Gase is the most predictable play caller so far.

Everyone knows that we are going to try to force feed Bell.

Would any of the following be great? no, but better than Falk, yes?

Brock Osweiler

Landry Jones

Josh Johnson

Brandon Weeden

I get it, people want to give Gase a chance but he can't manufacture anything on offense. I don't need a great looking offense, but show any signs of life as an offense. 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

great 

why?! 

I’m not saying Gase has been good so far. (I don’t think he has been).  I just think the main reason he’s here is to coach up Darnold and his Jet legacy will be determined by Darnold’s growth (or lack there of) as a player 

EDIT: The goal of course is to win a Superbowl.  But the idea is that Darnold reaching his potential will fall directly in-line with the Jets’ goal of winning a Superbowl. 

21 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I like alot of other was willing to buy in. Reality set in and I realized that it was foolish to over look at the evidence that Gase was trash. The least of which is his history. Just look at what he has done here.

Explain to me how a Gregg Williams run team would've made this team better with this offensive line and Luke Falk at QB. Also while paying against 3 teams with a combined record of 12-3 who also happen to have the 1st, 10th and 12th rated defenses. Please explain that to me.

• Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Stark said:

and this was after the BYE... so he had an extra week to reflect on the offense and the situation.

Brock Osweiler

Landry Jones

Josh Johnson

Brandon Weeden

I get it, people want to give Gase a chance but he can't manufacture anything on offense. I don't need a great looking offense, but show any signs of life as an offense. 

When you have a terrible QB who is limited physically it extremely limits the playbook. He went for it on 4th and 1 and went against tendency and threw the ball and Falk threw a pick 6. And yet you wonder why he'd want to try to get points on 4th down and 4 instead of putting it in the hands of Falk?  Seriously? Have you not been watching this QB make bad reads and bad throws the last 3 games? How about did you see the constant 7 to 8 men in the box the past 3 games as well? It's hard to run an offense when the defense sells out to stop your biggest threat and your QB is so bad and physically limited that you can't make them pay for it. Watch how those 7-8 man boxes disappear with Darnold back under Center. Ill judge him based on how the offense performs with an actual NFL caliber QB.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

21 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Honestly the only way to avoid wasting the next 3 years is fire Gase and Douglas now and promote Williams and hire a real GM and the Johnsons promise never to meddle

The Johnsons are too dumb to go after McCarthy or Harbaugh 

I think Douglas is going to fine. He had no time to figure out the kicker but that should be more on Gase and the staff then on teh gm he went out and got they guys they wanted.Again I question the staffs evaluation of players

21 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Explain to me how a Gregg Williams run team would've made this team better with this offensive line and Luke Falk at QB. Also while paying against 3 teams with a combined record of 12-3 who also happen to have the 1st, 10th and 12th rated defenses. Please explain that to me.

change the blocking schemes for one thing it is pretty obvious this is not a zone blocking line

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

....yes, because the head coach you loved last month suddenly is garbage because he can't make an offense work with a grocery bagger at quarterback.

You guys are geniuses.

SAR I

We agree! 

Plus no way Woody “$30M under the cap” Johnson is gonna pay to eat three years of Gase’s contract.

Hated the hire but might as well accept we’re stuck with him through 2020 minimum.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

When you have a terrible QB who is limited physically it extremely limits the playbook. He went for it on 4th and 1 and went against tendency and threw the ball and Falk threw a pick 6. And yet you wonder why he'd want to try to get points on 4th down and 4 instead of putting it in the hands of Falk?  Seriously? Have you not been watching this QB make bad reads and bad throws the last 3 games? How about did you see the constant 7 to 8 men in the box the past 3 games as well? It's hard to run an offense when the defense sells out to stop your biggest threat and your QB is so bad and physically limited that you can't make them pay for it. Watch how those 7-8 man boxes disappear with Darnold back under Center. Ill judge him based on how the offense performs with an actual NFL caliber QB.

yeah no sh*t. did you read the post you responded to?

Falk is bad, Gase chose Falk, after 1 and a half games of Falk Gase kept Falk. The NY JETS had a BYE last week and hoped Darnold could come back, but did not take any precautionary measures at the QB spot in case Darnold couldn't play. So yeah this is on Gase. I know it sucks Darnold couldn't play yesterday but if the HC wants to keep bullsh*t level players around because the are "smart" that is on him.

In 4 weeks Gase has shown zero ability to adjust to his players. Just calling the same sh*t each week. 

It's laughable the level of excuses that people will make for horrible coaching. Gase is 100% in charge of the offense, the unit of the NY JETS that is complete dog sh*t. 

Does Darnold correct all this when he gets back, man we all better hope so. I believe in Darnold, but Gase lol, at this point has done nothing but prove my thoughts on his hiring correct.

I have said many times I hope Gase proves me wrong. I am sick of the carousel of HC, OC's and bad teams. I'd rather be wrong on my opinion of the coach and the team do well, I really would.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

change the blocking schemes for one thing it is pretty obvious this is not a zone blocking line

And Gregg Williams would do that? Gregg Williams didn't get hired in Cleveland bc he wasn't the reason they got better. Mayfields development was the reason they got better and Kitchens got the job bc of that. His defense actually got worse as the offense got better.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

We agree! 

Plus no way Woody “$30M under the cap” Johnson is gonna pay to eat three years of Gase’s contract.

Hated the hire but might as well accept we’re stuck with him through 2020 minimum.

I liked the hire because I wanted an experienced head coach who cut his teeth elsewhere and wouldn't go through the blunders here.

When Sam is 100% and we face that winnable 7 game stretch after New England we will see if Gase is a good head coach or not, maybe sooner.

SAR I

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

bell made his own bed now he has to sleep in it

they will be bad when darnold is back -I actually fear the jets are on the path to ruining Sam-they gave him a bad line, below avg wrs and saddled him with a coach that runs a terrible offense-the only positive thing Sam has is bell around him

You need a stuffed animal, a blanket, and a binky.  You on formula now or still breast milk?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, Stark said:

FACT.  Luke Falk is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL.

FACT.  Falk was as good as any other third-string emergency taxi quarterback in the NFL.

FACT.  Gase knows that without Darnold or Simean it doesn't matter what he does, they aren't winning.

FACT.  Gase is predictable because his quarterback only knows 10% of the playbook and is immobile.

Everyone knows that if we don't force feed the ball to Bell we are idiots considering he is our only offensive weapon that doesn't require a forward pass to generate yardage.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

<crickets>

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

51 minutes ago, Stark said:

It's laughable the level of excuses that people will make for horrible coaching. Gase is 100% in charge of the offense, the unit of the NY JETS that is complete dog sh*t. 

You're a milkman.  Your truck broke down and the milk spoiled.  Customers are angry.

You're fired.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

On 10/6/2019 at 3:07 PM, SAR I said:

....yes, because the head coach you loved last month suddenly is garbage because he can't make an offense work with a grocery bagger at quarterback.

You guys are geniuses.

SAR I

I'm not as concerned about him losing with a grocery bagger at QB as I am about the fact that he put a grocery bagger in that position to begin with. That's a sign of poor judgment, poor talent evaluation skills and poor planning. They could have brought in someone better the day they found out Darnold had mono. 

Gase deserves the rest of the year with a healthy Darnold.

He deserves nothing after that. If this mess continues, he’s gotta go. This has been historically bad results in the easiest era for offensive football.

No one expected Gase to win Weeks 2-5 given the circumstances, but no one expected THIS. It is really embarrassing. You have to be able to move the ball a little.

Yes the OL sucks. But guess what? It’s this bas because the bead coach hasn’t gotten it fixed. You can scheme an OL to look moderately average. 

This team looks like a hs team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

FACT.  Luke Falk is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL.

FACT.  Falk was as good as any other third-string emergency taxi quarterback in the NFL.

FACT.  Gase knows that without Darnold or Simean it doesn't matter what he does, they aren't winning.

FACT.  Gase is predictable because his quarterback only knows 10% of the playbook and is immobile.

Everyone knows that if we don't force feed the ball to Bell we are idiots considering he is our only offensive weapon that doesn't require a forward pass to generate yardage.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Stark said:

Brock Osweiler

Landry Jones

Josh Johnson

Brandon Weeden

Thank you for proving my point

At this point SAR1 is just a parody poster. His shtick is getting old, there is some World class gas lighting going on.

I’ve never see a Bigger sh*t show ever, and I include Kotite’s team in this, at least he ran teams close.

When Darnold returns and the Offence still stinks, he will disappear for the rest of the year. Only to return like Nostradamus next off season, with tails of winning the AFCE and other such assorted nonscence.